Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)

For those in their late 20's and older...the FOUNTAIN of YOUTH

You ever run into people that say once you hit 30 or 40, your health goes down hill and your body starts getting fat....you know the nonlifters...the ones that have never seen the inside of the gym for years

Right now I am 28, and thinking by the time I am 40 I will be ripped as hell with the best physique that is possible for my genetics...The time that will pass in the coming years does not scare me and I look forward to seeing my progress as the years roll by

Time to bodybuilders is time to get in better shape, time to figure out how to perfect your workouts, time to increase our lifts, time to learn more about lifting

Time to non lifters and people that don't exercise is a negative thing....Non lifters only see weaked muscles, health problems, fatter stomachs, higher body fat percentages, lower energy levels

It is a shame that everyone doesn't know about the Fountain of Youth that is availiable to everyone

It is near them everyday...maybe when they are driving by a hidden gym behind the trees while chomping on a Big Mac and Fries on the way home to work...maybe the gym is nearbye their house....It is right in front of everyone's face, and it is a shame is everyone doesn't take advantage of it...The Fountain of Youth is being neglected by the majority of Americans

so sad
    Last edited by new2lifting; 10-24-2005 at 06:49 PM.

hunter386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Damn Skippy

I just joined this today, and started back in the gym 3 weeks ago. I am 28 6'2 and 278lbs. When I started back in the gym I was 285, and had no energy, and felt like I was a hundred years old. I am no superman now, but I will eventually get there I am sure. I have so much energy now that I have completely changed my lifestyle, and no longer sit on the couch collecting pounds. I have many questions on routines and nutrition, and want some feedback, if at all possible. I will post some picks soon.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" Hunter S. Thompson

new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hunter386
    I just joined this today, and started back in the gym 3 weeks ago. I am 28 6'2 and 278lbs. When I started back in the gym I was 285, and had no energy, and felt like I was a hundred years old. I am no superman now, but I will eventually get there I am sure. I have so much energy now that I have completely changed my lifestyle, and no longer sit on the couch collecting pounds. I have many questions on routines and nutrition, and want some feedback, if at all possible. I will post some picks soon.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" Hunter S. Thompson
    welcome to the boards iron brother...try starting a journal and everyone will jump in and try to help you perfect your routine

The posts from everyone here at BB.com has helped me tremendously
    Keeping a journal has helped me alot also

look forward to your posts

JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am 34.

Four and a half months ago I weighed in at 182 pounds, 25.5%BF.

Today I came in at 157/16.5%. That's less than I have weighed -- and less fat -- since I was maybe 26. [Yes, it's also -4.5 lbs LBM. I'll survive.]

Four and a half months ago I was huffing and puffing to ride the 6-mile bike course by my house in 45 minutes.

Yesterday I did it twice in 56 minutes, and could have gone around again with hardly a sweat.

By an odd coincidence, I work out now in the first gym I worked out in, almost fifteen years ago. It's full of young guys. Back then, I thought about how many of them were bigger than me, lifting more than me. Now, I look at most of them (have they gotten smaller, by the way??) and realize that what most of them have, they were born with, and what most of them are doing will have little effect.

The fountain of youth is determination.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JamesInLA
    I am 34.

Four and a half months ago I weighed in at 182 pounds, 25.5%BF.

Today I came in at 157/16.5%. That's less than I have weighed -- and less fat -- since I was maybe 26. [Yes, it's also -4.5 lbs LBM. I'll survive.]

Four and a half months ago I was huffing and puffing to ride the 6-mile bike course by my house in 45 minutes.

Yesterday I did it twice in 56 minutes, and could have gone around again with hardly a sweat.

By an odd coincidence, I work out now in the first gym I worked out in, almost fifteen years ago. It's full of young guys. Back then, I thought about how many of them were bigger than me, lifting more than me. Now, I look at most of them (have they gotten smaller, by the way??) and realize that what most of them have, they were born with, and what most of them are doing will have little effect.

The fountain of youth is determination.

WOW... that's awesome!

CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    The real key to longevity, or the "fountain of youth," is avoiding any mineral or vitamin deficiency. Practicing athletics can actually cut down on your lifespan if you sweat out and create a greater need for vitamins and minerals and then don't replace them. To live longer, you gotta supplement minerals and vitamins... I am not against sports... by all means, I love them and lifting as much as everybody else on this board.

However, the oldest living people in this world are those who drink the "glacial milk" that runs down from the mountains cutting into the rock as it goes. We unfortunately, have to pay for the stuff.... But it is worth it!

Best plan... Take supplements AND lift...
    Last edited by CitadelArmyJAG; 10-24-2005 at 04:33 PM.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

45 now, and in the best physical condition of my life (apart from a slight case of BPH). I can lift with one arm now what I couldn't with two when I was half this age (and a scrawny ectomorph).

C.K.

Originally Posted by CitadelArmyJAG
    The real key to longevity, or the "fountain of youth," is avoiding any mineral or vitamin deficiency. Practicing athletics can actually cut down on your lifespan if you sweat out and create a greater need for vitamins and minerals and then don't replace them. To live longer, you gotta supplement minerals and vitamins... I am not against sports... by all means, I love them and lifting as much as everybody else on this board.

However, the oldest living people in this world are those who drink the "glacial milk" that runs down from the mountains cutting into the rock as it goes. We unfortunately, have to pay for the stuff.... But it is worth it!

Hey, that is a pretty cool story about drinking glacial milk...I never heard of that before....it makes sense though...reps to you, I learned something

JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesInLA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CitadelArmyJAG

Yup, have been a life-extension supplement junkie for a while, too. My daily pill intake would make half the juicers on the steroid forum shudder. (Of course mine don't involve any needles.)

Interesting thing, though. The only thing that's been proven to have significant life-extension benefits to date is caloric restriction -- i.e., life-long intake of a restricted diet, and consequent downregulated metabolism. This makes some sense, if you think of aging as a disease comprised primarily of accumulated damage to structures at the cellular level. It ought to be correlated with total energy consumed and expended. What we hope to do with the supplements is to buffer, delay, and to some extent reverse that accumulated damage.

This is all somewhat in conflict with constant lifting, which stresses intentional cellular damage and upregulated metabolism. At the end of the day, I think recreational bodybuilders will live longer than average due to an overall healthy and fit lifestyle, but I wonder if it's not also somewhat counterproductive if one's goal is the longest possible lifespan.

Yup, have been a life-extension supplement junkie for a while, too. My daily pill intake would make half the juicers on the steroid forum shudder. (Of course mine don't involve any needles.)

Interesting thing, though. The only thing that's been proven to have significant life-extension benefits to date is caloric restriction -- i.e., life-long intake of a restricted diet, and consequent downregulated metabolism. This makes some sense, if you think of aging as a disease comprised primarily of accumulated damage to structures at the cellular level. It ought to be correlated with total energy consumed and expended. What we hope to do with the supplements is to buffer, delay, and to some extent reverse that accumulated damage.

This is all somewhat in conflict with constant lifting, which stresses intentional cellular damage and upregulated metabolism. At the end of the day, I think recreational bodybuilders will live longer than average due to an overall healthy and fit lifestyle, but I wonder if it's not also somewhat counterproductive if one's goal is the longest possible lifespan.
    holy moly
    that is one hell of a post
    very interesting
    reps for you man

Originally Posted by new2lifting
    holy moly
    that is one hell of a post
    very interesting
    reps for you man
    Cool thanks!

Now I will give any reps I can to someone who can work out a calorie-restricted plan that will bulk me at the same time. :-)

rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10) rdryden is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yup, you are right. I just found out about this a couple of days ago. Im taking a nanotechnology class right now and my professor was telling us about this.
    However, I believe only a period of calorie restriction helps. Going through a calorie restriction early in life is supposed to be the most benificial to longevity, but my prof also said that calorie restrictions during periods of your life help as well (say, a bulking and cutting phase).
    Also, if you really want to live forever: teach your body to run on photosynthesis.... I guess oxygen is close to toxic...
    That may sound weird.. but think about it, do plants die? well, they die, but if a tree was allowed to grow without anything stopping it or knocking it down, it would live forever.

However, unless someone here knows how to make your body run off the sun (pm me please), keep lifting those weights!

maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100) maghikschtik is not very well liked. (-100)

yup. yup.

i started going to the gym in june. im down 30 pounds since then. i was in a size 40 jeans im down to a 36 now ( i havent worn those sincei was in college ;-) ). My stress levels have gone.. nill! seems like all the goal setting from the gym has carried over to work too. Feel soooo much better about myself its rediculous. I dont feel so lethargic and depressed. Confidence has shot through the roof. So yah. Gym+diet= deh fountain of youth.

btw. saw a friend of mine from the gym saturday night hes in his 70's. In remarkable shape...still picking up girls ;-)

CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CLTRD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rdryden View Post
    Yup, you are right. I just found out about this a couple of days ago. Im taking a nanotechnology class right now and my professor was telling us about this.
    However, I believe only a period of calorie restriction helps. Going through a calorie restriction early in life is supposed to be the most benificial to longevity, but my prof also said that calorie restrictions during periods of your life help as well (say, a bulking and cutting phase).
    Also, if you really want to live forever: teach your body to run on photosynthesis.... I guess oxygen is close to toxic...
    That may sound weird.. but think about it, do plants die? well, they die, but if a tree was allowed to grow without anything stopping it or knocking it down, it would live forever.

However, unless someone here knows how to make your body run off the sun (pm me please), keep lifting those weights!
    going on a bretharian cut this (brazilian) spring. will report.

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm less interested in adding years to my life as I am in adding life to my years.

Hopefully in a few more months I will be better than I was inhighschool. Diggin this thread for us old farts

(31 btw)
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Going to be 31 this year in a few months.

I've yoyo'd pretty consistently with my weight the last five years.

Trying to get back into my best fitness levels again.

Hoping to be back there again by my birthday at the end of August.

But when I was in really good shape last summer, I felt better at 30 than I ever did at 20 when I was morbidly obese and unfit.

And like Compy above me, I'm more interested in life in my years than years in my life.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CLTRD View Post
    going on a bretharian cut this (brazilian) spring. will report.
    I'm not to sure the guys are checking this thread from 2005 for updates.

Also, I'm healthier at 33 almost 34 than I've ever been in my teenage or adult life.

SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude who started this thread is well on his way to being one of those old farts by now.

zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SeanM4 View Post
    Dude who started this thread is well on his way to being one of those old farts by now.
    Not only this but I'm curious if he still drinks from this so called "fountain of youth"
    If I can help you in any way, send me a message with your thread question or question.

I wish you all a 2021 filled with growth.

GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cool inspirational post. Only thing ur forgetting is ur joints. They go. It makes things tough. There's a reason most fourtysomethins are out of shape. Its not a direct result of motivation.