Closed Thread
Page 162 of 274 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 8194
    fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No meds, therapy with a psychologist and psychiatrist.

StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I avoided buying shredded wheat earlier and got nervous buying dark chocolate. I hope that in my therapy/recovery I can feel confident enough once again to buy them without the fear of binge eating them at night.

I've slowed down some of the binges I use to have. I still wake up and go downstairs and have a cup of oats, milk and banana. I think that's a habit. I feel better when I wake up knowing I didn't binge and enjoy my breakfast. 1 day at a time. I hope this therapy works and improves my relationship and confidence.

Tomseas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently posted in the %body fat est thread:
    Would love to get an estimation.
    Looking at the ref I'd guess I hover around 15-17%
    179cm 65.4kg

I got this as a reply:
    Um, no. More like 10% (perhaps slightly less).

Check out the eating disorder thread.

Time to eat.
    -----

I don't have an eating disorder tho. I eat plenty but have a hard time eating plenty, which might (?) considered as one but isn't (I've been hospitalized before and haven't ever had any diagnosis concerning eating disorders).
    I made some sort on intro thread explaining my situation here if anyone cares to read: (has a pic of me to get a better idea)
    remove the space in http
    ht tp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162152991&p=1250170241#post125017 0241

Anyone knows why the reply mentionned eating disorders?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ mainly because people are "overly hasty" in saying that someone has an ED. Which isn't always the case.

The bottom line: This isn't a "body fat estimation thread" if you're looking for opinions. Try posting in the fat loss section.

StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StanPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Check this link out http://www.***.co.uk/iplayer/episode...e-perfect-body Don't know if you guys in the US can get it? One guy on there didn't go to work because he didn't think he was big enough, he felt ugly. The first reaction to when I saw him was totally different. I thought he was a handsome guy with muscle. Funny how one never see's that in himself.

@Erictheelectric
    I agree.
    My issue is that I can't find a section for me because I'm trying to do the opposite of fat loss. I need to gain fat. And I have an incredibly hard time doing so which might be something close to an ED (dunno?).

@Tomseas This isn't the section for someone to talk about gaining fat. Maybe you have body image issues regarding your size? If that's the case then maybe you should focus on seeking help for that.

fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fldhkybnva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    @Tomseas

Because people can be jerks.

@Tomseas

You might consult your doctor or a nutritionist. Also search this site for bulking threads or "gaining fat" and that might lead you in the right direction for information.

@ fldhkybnva
    Thanks I'll do that

@Stanpt
    I'll just point out again, that I came into this thread because someone said I should have a look after he saw what I look like. Also I'm not sure I agree about your statement saying this isn't the thread for gaining weight

@Tomseas - it can trigger off many emotions about fat gains, etc. I've mentioned them myself at group meetings and it has upset others. I didn't really understand why people got upset until I started binge eating. I'm not having a ago at you by the way

DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm currently in recovery from restrictive eating for about 10 months, i have been consistently eating, and some days overeating for about 4 weeks now, what i want to know is I get really bad stomach distention/bloating especially after eating and by the evening im so bloated its sometimes painfull, will this pass? is this normal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Dan
    Dan, []------[] []--[] []--[] 💪 🙌

walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DanM95 View Post
    I'm currently in recovery from restrictive eating for about 10 months, i have been consistently eating, and some days overeating for about 4 weeks now, what i want to know is I get really bad stomach distention/bloating especially after eating and by the evening im so bloated its sometimes painfull, will this pass? is this normal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Dan
    I'm still having this problem as well! Have you ever been bulimic/had bulimic tendencies? Sometimes I used to throw up after meals and that kind of behavior (even if it isn't excessive) is very damaging to the intestinal system. Right now your digestive system is likely just trying to repair itself. It could take up to 6 months or more of normal eating to fully recover. Also, since you are attempting to eat normal amount of food, your stomach might not be big enough to hold this food. I suggest taking some probiotics! They have these really good gummy bear probiotics

Good luck!!!

DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanM95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by walruses View Post
    I'm still having this problem as well! Have you ever been bulimic/had bulimic tendencies? Sometimes I used to throw up after meals and that kind of behavior (even if it isn't excessive) is very damaging to the intestinal system. Right now your digestive system is likely just trying to repair itself. It could take up to 6 months or more of normal eating to fully recover. Also, since you are attempting to eat normal amount of food, your stomach might not be big enough to hold this food. I suggest taking some probiotics! They have these really good gummy bear probiotics

Good luck!!!
    No i have never been bulimic
    Dan, []------[] []--[] []--[] 💪 🙌

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Dan
    your body is accustomed to consuming proper amounts and types of foods.
    After longer term incorporation of a regular diet, your body will adjust.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So yea I'm back... I made a post here about a two weeks ago about how my binging had become more frequent... Everything was going well till this weekend. I've overeaten (5000+ calories for 4 days) I was reading up on eat fast eat about how fasting can help with binge eating and even that didn't help. The issue is now when I eat it has become difficult for me to stop I can go days without eating but once I start its hard for me to stop. I've talked to my family about this and they feel that its ok and that I'm "growing" not fully grasping the situation... I mean since my binge eating has become more frequent I feel as though my Bf% has increased. before the binges I was at 9.4% now I'm 12% or so I believe I have no real way of checking now that I'm back home... My weight on the scale hasn't really changed much and in the gym my lifts haven't gotten worse... could they be right??? Idk my abs are no where near as clear... The worst part is I actually enjoy fasting it so relaxing not having to think about food maybe thats why I binge... Idk I think the whole macros thing has made my relationship with food so much worse. Its like an obsession... I'm trying not to see a psychiatrist since I've gonna for anxiety and depression in the past and they tend to make things worst I've seen multiple people... Idk is my family right should I just eat how I feel... meaning 5000 calories a day... I eat clean but thats because that was how I was raised... I don't mean to ramble and I'm not trying to be an attention whore this has just gotten to a point where I really don't know what to do anymore. I probably need real help honestly... Idk I just wanted to know if anyone has gone through something similar and has any advice on how to eat normal portions etc...

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @231109 I would stop fasting, prolonged fasting is most likely contributing to your binges which leads to fasting and its a perpetual cycle.

231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 231109 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    @231109 I would stop fasting, prolonged fasting is most likely contributing to your binges which leads to fasting and its a perpetual cycle.
    Superhippo@ I was binging before I tried fasting... In fact this four day binge was a product of trying to eat at 2000 calories of clean food... Idk I think I've messed up my biological eating cycles pretty badly

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    @231109
    a result of "clean" eating + too little food= you were being too restrictive and your body couldn't take it so you binged.
    Eat more. Allow yourself more options and you wont binge.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Posting this again..

http://paynowlivelater.blogspot.com/...ng-become.html

INTERMITTENT FASTING IS NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM!
    You will only prolong your ED, make your stomach and appetite CRAVE more food, and it will become almost impossible to become satiated.

SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SM15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @JKM1979 -

I do not/did not use medication. I did not get to the point where I believed that was necessary. My preference is to fight an ED with mind over matter. It's about fighting one step at a time, making small gain after small gain. My suggestion, if the situation worsens, is to seek assistance from a professional. Therapy is a good idea. I went to see my primary care physician, and that snapped me into it.

@Danm95 - eating little and then eating a lot could be down to acid. Your belly is taking in little and then consuming lots. I use to get the same too. I had a big breakfast and couldn't cope with it.

If I ate the same amounts during the day then I believe my body would deal with it better. Some foods can also cause these symptoms. I've just bought a book on healing foods. It's none restrictive and helps build a bigger picture on foods to heal rather than avoid. It even allows the ''bad foods'' which is not classified as being bad. It allows you to eat freely and feel good.

I'm far from recovered but I'm trying out things that may work.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, adding to the 'pain from eating more' crew--I was never bulimic but I did develop a serious stomach issue (partly genetic) from years of overly restrictive eating (got a perforated ulcer). As StanPT points out, it's often related to stomach acid and the foods your stomach is used to digesting. It was very hard for me, because I restricting types of food as well as amounts, and my body 'forgot' how to digest it--i.e. I didn't have the right bacteria and enzymes in my gut. Probiotics helped, as did consistently introducing new foods in small quantities and gradually increasing serving size. Also, DO NOT be afraid of things like white bread, rice potatoes, and bananas; anything low in fiber and high in starch is usualy a good choice for digestion.

It's also a wise thing to do to stop any condiment habits you might have that hold over from restrictive days. A lot of us restrictive types wind up developing the habit of overusing mustard, soy sauce, salt, hot spices, etc.--all irritating to the gut. The very worst may be artificial sweeteners, which really mess with digestion. I STRONGLY recommend quitting artificial sweeteners (including gum and mints) cold-turkey. Doing so--and eating REAL sugar, which is very easy on the stomach and quickly absorbed--seriously helps with bloating and other stomach issues.

Also, in my case avoiding excessive protein (which I did due to fear of carbs and fat) helped with bloating a lot, too. Not saying avoid protein, but if you're eating significantly more than normal portions or adding protein powders to things, I would consider stopping that too.

Any of this advice help/ring true?
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10) walruses is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @SHESPRINTS

You articulated a huge aspect of what I had once went through! I was a cross country/track runner logging an average of 8 miles a day and lifting 4 times a week on top of that. I was the type of girl who was super lean, super skinny yet pretty strong. I just wanted to be all muscle and super thin ALL the time. I *tried* to eat *only* protein and was scared to eat too many carbs or fat and get this...sometimes I eat plain mustard since I was so hungry and didn't know what to do. When you restrict restrict restrict...it'll lead to digestive issues, binges (even though no one wants to admit it) and terrible terrible moods. I feel like so many of the nutrition articles on this website are complete BS and can be triggering to MANY people (creating an illusion that all you should have is protein and should feel guilty when eating too many carbs, etc). Don't get me wrong, there is so much valuable information here but take it all with a grain of salt.

@walruses - These sites who promote Low carbs have scared most of us. We can restrict 2 slices of bread ''200 calories'' and eat ''300 calories'' worth of protein meal. So we're afraid of carbs but eat more calories from something else. I find myself contradicting.

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by walruses View Post
    Don't get me wrong, there is so much valuable information here but take it all with a grain of salt.
    or, more aptly, a grain of wheat.

(I know, no quoting, but I just wanted to reference that line).

And yes, I fell into exactly the same trap--running, doing well, but then totally self-sabotaged myself by continually cutting carbs and baffling coaches when my performance kept getting worse and worse. Low carbs are the WORST for most runners, and I hate that so many people are falling into that trap these days. Cutting down on carbohydrate is appropriate for a segment of the population--like maybe obese sedentary diabetics--but lean athletes? I.e. the people in this thread? NO.

ETA: oh, and if that's not bad enough, carbs help elevate MOOD. In other words, they're the "antidepressants" most of us need!
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Thanks for the responses... I think ur definitely right. Also is possible that my metabolism is at all damaged?

@231

I haven't read your story, but it's really not possible for any of us to make that assumption. If you feel like your metabollic/thyroud functions are down or possibly damaged. See your doctor.

@Shesprints - Even sedate people need carbohydrates. Obviously in grains, wholemeal rice, bread, etc. I too cut them and still do. Some people here may think ''Hold on, what an hypocrite'' but that's not what I want to do, that's the ED who I give in to.
    Last edited by StanPT; 05-31-2014 at 12:10 AM.

231109, I would definitely see a doctor and get a full blood workup. It's not just 'metabolism' that can be damaged by restriction (decrease in RMR is transient and snaps back quickly with refeeding in most people); it's hormones of all kinds, including testosterone, estrogen, etc. In the wake of my ED my body essentially stopped producing estrogen altogether and I actually did find out I was hypothyroid, as well, so these things are possible. And, of course, hormones can affect energy levels, mood, and digestion.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Closed Thread
Page 162 of 274 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast