Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

My Training With "Only" Dumbells and My Question About Height

Hello guys...

I have been working out since November 2013. But I could not stick up my routine %100, so I had to quit several months sometimes due to illness, etc.

My program is this ;

http://www.newgamex.com/f133/evde-du...-programi-251/

This program includes only dumbell, because I cant go to Gym right now.

So far I have made process, but its little.

My stats,

Chest : 39"

Arms : 12.25" ( Worst part )

Calves : 15.5"

Weight : 165 Lbs - %20 Bodyfat

Shoulder : 48"

Waist : 36"

I am planning to buy benchpress table and bar to my home and work with it, but my cousin insists me to join a gym, he thinks only bench bar will not enough for me, I would need another equipments. ( There are weight machines in gyms, you know )

Also my other question is,

My height is 5 Ft 9" barefoot. I am 23 years old. My biggest fear is to lose several inches. Is it possible to lose height at age of 23, due to heavy training? ( I have never done squat or deadlift, but I am planinng to do, I heard that they are very important ).

My goal is to reach 190 Lbs at %12 Bodyfat. I dont want to be huge or giant.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no you will not lose height, that's impossible.

Right now you're 165 with 20% BF so you have a LBM(lean body mass, weight with no fat) of 132 lbs

For you to be 190 @12% you'll have a LBM of 167 lbs. You'll have to add 35 lbs of pure muscle ONLY...That's going to take a few years, TBH. Because as you gain weight you also gain fat, so you're going to have to run a few bulk and cut cycles and more than leikly have to bulk to around 200, 215 before you cut down.

Personally the worst part is not your arms, it's the 36'' waist at 165 lbs. When I was 165 I was a 32'', I'm 193 today and only a 34''

There's nothing WRONG with doing a DB based program, just that DBs are harder to progress on than barbells and most gyms are limited on the weight of a DB,
    OG

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its impossible to get shorter as said, actually if you workout and fix your posture , you appear to be even taller. and your goal 190 lbs at 12 % bodyfat is huge and giant for natural standards lol

Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Wector is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    no you will not lose height, that's impossible.

Right now you're 165 with 20% BF so you have a LBM(lean body mass, weight with no fat) of 132 lbs

For you to be 190 @12% you'll have a LBM of 167 lbs. You'll have to add 35 lbs of pure muscle ONLY...That's going to take a few years, TBH. Because as you gain weight you also gain fat, so you're going to have to run a few bulk and cut cycles and more than leikly have to bulk to around 200, 215 before you cut down.

Personally the worst part is not your arms, it's the 36'' waist at 165 lbs. When I was 165 I was a 32'', I'm 193 today and only a 34''

There's nothing WRONG with doing a DB based program, just that DBs are harder to progress on than barbells and most gyms are limited on the weight of a DB,
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes my waist is quite bad. My Db's is not fixed, their weights are removable so I can increase or decrease the weight when I want.

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    its impossible to get shorter as said, actually if you workout and fix your posture , you appear to be even taller. and your goal 190 lbs at 12 % bodyfat is huge and giant for natural standards lol
    Thanks. Even I do very heavy deadlifts or squats, do you still think that its impossible to lose height? If so, thats wonderful. Because at 5 Ft 9", I am concerned about my height already, I dont want to lose even one tenth of an inch. Lol

By the way, yes , 190 Lbs at %12 Bodyfat is my kind of lifetime goal or near that. I know thats huge without steroids at 5 Ft 9" . But still, smaller than 250-300 Lbs giants

Actually, I like my body right now, I have got belly yes, but its managable , but I want get bigger.

I know, even at 165 Lbs -%10-12 Bodyfat, a male can look amazing at 5 Ft 9", but I find that small. I want to be bigger . I dont want to look fat, or buff, but still , in public, I want to look big. 190 Lbs is enough for me I think, both lean and that size is good. I think beyond this point, I would look buff and kind of fat, and I dont like that kind of apperance. Some people prefer, but I dont.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Wector View Post
    Thanks. Even I do very heavy deadlifts or squats, do you still think that its impossible to lose height? If so, thats wonderful. Because at 5 Ft 9", I am concerned about my height already, I dont want to lose even one tenth of an inch. Lol

By the way, yes , 190 Lbs at %12 Bodyfat is my kind of lifetime goal or near that. I know thats huge without steroids at 5 Ft 9" . But still, smaller than 250-300 Lbs giants

Actually, I like my body right now, I have got belly yes, but its managable , but I want get bigger.

I know, even at 165 Lbs -%10-12 Bodyfat, a male can look amazing at 5 Ft 9", but I find that small. I want to be bigger . I dont want to look fat, or buff, but still , in public, I want to look big. 190 Lbs is enough for me I think, both lean and that size is good. I think beyond this point, I would look buff and kind of fat, and I dont like that kind of apperance. Some people prefer, but I dont.
    do your squats and deadlifts, exercise doesnt shorten anybody. all my friends said i appear taller once i started working out at age 24 or so which im not sure if true can be better posture like i said

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I've been deadlifting and squatting for 3 years...still only 5'9"

You don't want to look fat or buff...but you want to be big? This is confusing.

BTW..my profile pic is what 5'9" 190is looks like, though I'm not even close to 10-12% Bf...nor do I care to be
    OG

I've been deadlifting and squatting for 3 years...still only 5'9"

You don't want to look fat or buff...but you want to be big? This is confusing.

BTW..my profile pic is what 5'9" 190is looks like, though I'm not even close to 10-12% Bf...nor do I care to be
    Well for example this guy;

http://www.isteroids.com/bodybuildin...rank_zane1.jpg

He looks great in my opinion.

As I know he is 5 Ft 9", 200 Lbs and about %5 Body Fat.

Of course I know I cant reach this naturally, or I can look like this, but still in my book this guy has decent size and he still looks kind of lean/skinny type.

I mean, I know some bodybuilders look fat while their clothes on, I dont want to look like that. I want to be lean and big as possible at the same time.

Of course I know I cant reach this naturally, or I can look like this, but still in my book this guy has decent size and he still looks kind of lean/skinny type.

I mean, I know some bodybuilders look fat while their clothes on, I dont want to look like that. I want to be lean and big as possible at the same time.
    Good luck with that.
    OG

you can never reach that kind of mass that will make you look fat with clothes as natural lifter. if you are not fat , you wont look fat

you can never reach that kind of mass that will make you look fat with clothes as natural lifter. if you are not fat , you wont look fat
    Hmm thank you very much.

Than I should work hard.

Do you advice me to use Whey Protein or something like that?

Hmm thank you very much.

Than I should work hard.

Do you advice me to use Whey Protein or something like that?
    real food > supplements. If you can get all your macros in with real food then no need for supps.

I've not tracked a macros and/or a calories since Nov '13 and have not taken supplements either. I've gained 10 lbs and put an inch on my chest and legs. 40 to a 41'' chest and 24 to 25'' thighs
    OG

real food > supplements. If you can get all your macros in with real food then no need for supps.

I've not tracked a macros and/or a calories since Nov '13 and have not taken supplements either. I've gained 10 lbs and put an inch on my chest and legs. 40 to a 41'' chest and 24 to 25'' thighs
    This is my body.

Do you think 39" chest is good for my size?
    Attached Images

Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kellybeans1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have learned a lot with this thread. thank you guys who have replied. I can't go to the gym except for once/twice a week till my kids get offof school. I appreciate the info.

...ok, back to lurking. ;0
    check out my supp log for HIT!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161653513&p=1239391403#post1239391403

This is my body.

Do you think 39" chest is good for my size?
    Honestly...you need to gain some muscle...you;re what we call skinny fat
    OG

Honestly...you need to gain some muscle...you;re what we call skinny fat
    Yes you are right, I really need muscle, especially for my arms. Unfortunately they are tiny.

Also, when I do Dumbell French Press, my right elbow hurts if I exceed 8 Lb. ( Sometimes even with 8 Lb it happens ).

Yes you are right, I really need muscle, especially for my arms. Unfortunately they are tiny.

Also, when I do Dumbell French Press, my right elbow hurts if I exceed 8 Lb. ( Sometimes even with 8 Lb it happens ).
    gain weight, lift heavy, eat heavy and you gain strength and muscle. it's really that simple.
    OG

gain weight, lift heavy, eat heavy and you gain strength and muscle. it's really that simple.
    This is my training program, ( Kilo=Kg )

1. Gün ( 1. Day )

Dumbell Bench Press 3x10 – 6.7 Kilo
    Close Grip Dumbell Bench Press 3x10 – 6.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Fly 3x10- 4.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Pull over 3x10 – 9.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Biceps Alternative Curls 3x10 – 6.7 Kg
    Dumbell Preacher Curls 3x10 7.7 Kg
    Dumbell Hammer Curls 3x10 6.7 Kg

2. Gün ( 2. Day )

Dumbell Shoulder Press – 3x10 6.7 Kilo
    Lateral Raise 3x10 4.7 Kilo
    Arnold Press 3x10 6.7 Kilo
    Frontal Raise 3x10 6.7 Kilo
    Dumbell French Press 3x10 3.7 Kilo ( Sağ dirseğimde tuhaf bi ağrı oluyor )
    Triceps Overhead 3x10 4.7 Kilo
    Triceps Kick Back 3x10 4.7 Kilo

3. Gün (3 . Day )

Dumbell Row 3x10 – 10.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Squat – 3x10 – 3.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Sumo Squat 3x10- 3.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Lunge 3x10 – 3.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Deadlift 3x10 – 3.7 Kilo
    Dumbell Calf Raise 3x20 3.7 Kilo

are you turkish ? so i am first of all you should be lifting as heavy as possible in those rep ranges to build muscle. if you can shoulder press and front raise same weight , that means you are not lifting as heavy as possible for that movement. weights you are using are too light , maybe ok for a first day starter but if you dont up the weight every single week, then you wont gain any muscle. (if you are living in turkey , dont take any supplements, they are sold by twice the price as they are in USA ,they dont make too much difference anyway although everyone there will tell you otherwise tell sell them to you).

are you turkish ? so i am first of all you should be lifting as heavy as possible in those rep ranges to build muscle. if you can shoulder press and front raise same weight , that means you are not lifting as heavy as possible for that movement. weights you are using are too light , maybe ok for a first day starter but if you dont up the weight every single week, then you wont gain any muscle. (if you are living in turkey , dont take any supplements, they are sold by twice the price as they are in USA ,they dont make too much difference anyway although everyone there will tell you otherwise tell sell them to you).
    Yes I am Turkish Selamın Aleyküm! But I prefer write English so other people can also read.

Anyway, yes I agree with you, I feel I can do frontal raise with more weight than I do. But current I dont have any more barbells , I am planning to buy bigger barbells to attach . ( Maximum I can do is 6.7 kg for each dumbell )

But, you say its too light, yes I agree with in some weights, but for example Dumbell Fly and Lateral Raise, even with 4.7 Kg, its very hard to do with them. So I think I cant increase weight on those exercises. Or should I?

Yes I am Turkish Selamın Aleyküm! But I prefer write English so other people can also read.

Anyway, yes I agree with you, I feel I can do frontal raise with more weight than I do. But current I dont have any more barbells , I am planning to buy bigger barbells to attach . ( Maximum I can do is 6.7 kg for each dumbell )

But, you say its too light, yes I agree with in some weights, but for example Dumbell Fly and Lateral Raise, even with 4.7 Kg, its very hard to do with them. So I think I cant increase weight on those exercises. Or should I?
    isolation exercises like front raise lateral raise, dumbell flys you cant use very heavy weights but for compounds like dumbell bench press, shoulder press, dumbell rows etc. you need to go as heavy as possible , thats why compounds build more muscle. to build muscle you need to put body into extreme stress which light weights cant do it for you. i wouldnt use anything lighter than my 10 rep max (weight you can do max 10 reps to absolute failure)for compounds. and you should aim to up the weight by smallest increment every week in order to progress, which should be easy to do for first 6-8 months.

isolation exercises like front raise lateral raise, dumbell flys you cant use very heavy weights but for compounds like dumbell bench press, shoulder press, dumbell rows etc. you need to go as heavy as possible , thats why compounds build more muscle. to build muscle you need to put body into extreme stress which light weights cant do it for you. i wouldnt use anything lighter than my 10 rep max (weight you can do max 10 reps to absolute failure)for compounds. and you should aim to up the weight by smallest increment every week in order to progress, which should be easy to do for first 6-8 months.
    Hmm I see what you mean.

For isolations yes, I am already struggling when I am at 9th rep, so it means I am going for failure.

But for Dumbell Preacher Curl and Dumbell Row, today I tried them with more weight and I think I can increase them 1 or 2 kilos.

So what about my program generally? Should I add different training to my program, or just increase weights?

And also for 3x10 , am I doing right? I mean some people are doing 8 Reps and some people do 12 reps, which one is right?