ericisspicy99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to treat bicep tendonitis?

My doctor told me I have tendonitis on my shoulder aka bicep tendonitis. Iv been taking ibuprofen for a few months n hasn't helped. I ice it and use max freeze but these haven't been helping either. Iv obviously been resting it. Is there anything else I can try? Like another sort of cream for my shoulder or different pills?

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you looking for a cure? Or just pain relief? Only ways to cure it is to wait it out, or you could try a cortisone shot. Other than that, you could buy a tens unit.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you know if any exercises in particular cause it to flare up?

You could always alter your routine around those or sub in different ones. I get elbow tendonitis from doing skull crushers, so I have to rotate those in and out of my routine.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    focus on mobility, you may be tight and do some stretching and MFR, see if anything improves.

tricep tendonitis crew
    ++ F1 Crew ++

Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One day I hope to be rich enough to afford an aquarium coffee table
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R7ITUO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000R7ITUO&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwgiftsfor04-20

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tounx View Post
    No, don't.

OP, it's extremely rare to get isolated biceps tendonitis. I would go and see a sports/physical/physio therapist who works with sporting individuals.

JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    No, don't.

OP, it's extremely rare to get isolated biceps tendonitis. I would go and see a sports/physical/physio therapist who works with sporting individuals.
    Agreed. Starret's book is great for improving mobility and prevention of injury, but if you truly have biceps tendonitis then you should see a manual medical therapist to get it evaluated and treated properly. It can be a nagging injury if left alone.

OP, if you internally rotate your arm and press into the area near the front of the shoulder does it still reproduce your pain?
    Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again. - W. Clement Stone

BTK: It's Mind Over Matter

Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Guardian14 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile Wait it out

Originally Posted by ericisspicy99 View Post
    My doctor told me I have tendonitis on my shoulder aka bicep tendonitis. Iv been taking ibuprofen for a few months n hasn't helped. I ice it and use max freeze but these haven't been helping either. Iv obviously been resting it. Is there anything else I can try? Like another sort of cream for my shoulder or different pills?

I'd not directly utilize the bicep in exercises like curls
    Wait It out and let it heal or you'll be stuffed for life .
    Barbell rows or pulldowns work the biceps And presses work the triceps so work around it

Cheers

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JHarden View Post
    Agreed. Starret's book is great for improving mobility and prevention of injury
    No, it really isn't. Some good sources of information are:

American journal of sports medicine
    British Journal of sports medicine
    Sports Medicine

JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HealingHands8 View Post
    No, it really isn't. Some good sources of information are:

American journal of sports medicine
    British Journal of sports medicine
    Sports Medicine
    They're different types of publications. Starret's book is geared more towards the average person looking to improve mobility for themselves. The others are journal articles geared more towards therapists who will be treating injuries. That's not to say that the others can't be read by the lay person but on average they aren't going to bust out a research journal for an afternoon read.

The mobility drills he gives are good, and the progressions and regressions of movements help to teach proper technique which is important for anyone who is going to weightlift. So I'm gonna have to disagree and say that it's actually a pretty good book.
    Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again. - W. Clement Stone

BTK: It's Mind Over Matter

Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tounx will become famous soon enough. (+50)