Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Lauren! Read what you've been going through with the bad weather. I can totally identify. Here in Chicago we've gone through the worst winter I can remember. We had highs of 55 and 50 respectively, yesterday and today. However, it's going to snow again! I couldn't even crack a smile for a while let alone go about life with a cheerful disposition. But since yesterday and that first burst of warm air, my mood is slowly getting back to normal. It's really amazing how much climate affects our moods. It'll be summer before you know it!
    How are the workouts going? I stayed on the StS program and will be finishing up next week. Just a few hiccups along the road but I've definitely seen a good increase in strength. I'm lifting 195 for reps on bench. When I started I could only manage 135 for reps. If I ate the calories I should for the amount of effort I put in I'd be way ahead but I never eat enough. How are you looking and more importantly, feeling? Fitting in to your pants again? lol

BTW I was on the bodyspace homepage you're on the first page of most inspirational profiles... right next to Dana Lynn Bailey.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by james128 View Post
    Hey Lauren! Read what you've been going through with the bad weather. I can totally identify. Here in Chicago we've gone through the worst winter I can remember. We had highs of 55 and 50 respectively, yesterday and today. However, it's going to snow again! I couldn't even crack a smile for a while let alone go about life with a cheerful disposition. But since yesterday and that first burst of warm air, my mood is slowly getting back to normal. It's really amazing how much climate affects our moods. It'll be summer before you know it!
    How are the workouts going? I stayed on the StS program and will be finishing up next week. Just a few hiccups along the road but I've definitely seen a good increase in strength. I'm lifting 195 for reps on bench. When I started I could only manage 135 for reps. If I ate the calories I should for the amount of effort I put in I'd be way ahead but I never eat enough. How are you looking and more importantly, feeling? Fitting in to your pants again? lol

BTW I was on the bodyspace homepage you're on the first page of most inspirational profiles... right next to Dana Lynn Bailey.
    Oh I know, it truly can affect our moods. It was gorgeous here today, hit 77 degrees. I stayed outside with Astrid for 3 hours. We went to the park and hadn't intended on being out that long---we both got a little burnt, totally unexpected. A huge cold from is moving through and temps will drop throughout the day tomorrow with rain changing to snow (but won't really accumulate since the ground is so warm here). Still, a huge drop and then won't get out of the 30's on Thursday (lows in teens). However, it is going to go back up to the 50's by the weekend and I can deal with that.

Good for you for seeing through the program and that is fantastic that you've increased strength so much! I'm doing my own thing and loving it. I'm feeling good and apparently looking great, or so I've been told. I will post progress pictures soon. I fought a pair of jeans a few weeks ago in a size 3 and they are too big, but the size 1's are still a bit tight. A size 2 actually is a misses size and is too big (it runs bigger than a size 3). So I'm in between sizes, but opting for larger for comfort.

That's awesome! I think they rotate profiles on the main page, but I'm still super flattered to be on there at all!
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So recently I've switched from straight-legged deadlifts to Romanian ones and so far I'm liking them better. I'm using more weight---with SLDLs my back would sometimes round when I'd get in those last few reps, but my form for Romanians is better so I can keep it straight throughout, even with more weight on the bar. The drawback? My grip fails before my list does. I know my grip will strengthen, but in the meantime it doesn't do my lower body any favors because I need to my grip not to fail before I'm done. I have lifting straps, but I have know idea how to wrap them. I am looking into versa grips and they are so $$, but I've heard they are worth it.

mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I have lifting straps, but I have know idea how to wrap them. I am looking into versa grips and they are so $$, but I've heard they are worth it.

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just caught up and checked your bodyspace - You are making such awesome progress!! Damn

Originally Posted by mlandis View Post
    I'm not sure why this video wasn't showing up yesterday, it was a blank space. It finally shows up and I've tried it and can do it with one side, but not the other. I think it has to do with hand/wrist mobility. So versa grips are in the way .

Originally Posted by NutMeigh View Post
    Just caught up and checked your bodyspace - You are making such awesome progress!! Damn
    Thank you ! I'm having "fun" at the gym, enjoying the whole process.

So I've used the versa gripps on both leg and back day and I must say I love them! I was able to add weight to my Romanian deadlifts *and* increase reps. I never would have thought my grip could have impacted some of my lifts that much.

I've just been maintaining lately. I'm kind of conflicted with whether to keep gaining or cut for the summer. There really isn't that much to cut and I think I'd like to be a bit leaner for the summer. On the other hand, I do want even more size...so I want to be bigger AND leaner, but I can't do both at the same time. I'm just maintaining while I figure it out, lol. I will probably continue to lose a bit more and then maintain, before adding more in the fall. In other words, go for it as planned, but we shall see. Luckily I love working out and love the gym so I'm having fun figuring it out.

Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been wondering how things are going! I miss your posts. Glad to hear/read things are going well. How are the gym sessions going? You look fantastic and there isn't anything to cut!!

This weather is just playing with my emotions! I am so happy to see that we may hit close to 50 degrees this weekend!

mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I've used the versa gripps on both leg and back day and I must say I love them! I was able to add weight to my Romanian deadlifts *and* increase reps. I never would have thought my grip could have impacted some of my lifts that much.

I've just been maintaining lately. I'm kind of conflicted with whether to keep gaining or cut for the summer. There really isn't that much to cut and I think I'd like to be a bit leaner for the summer. On the other hand, I do want even more size...so I want to be bigger AND leaner, but I can't do both at the same time. I'm just maintaining while I figure it out, lol. I will probably continue to lose a bit more and then maintain, before adding more in the fall. In other words, go for it as planned, but we shall see. Luckily I love working out and love the gym so I'm having fun figuring it out.
    sweet about the grips working out great for you!
    I would recommend bulk, no cut.. no bulk, err maybe cut. Hell I don't know, you will look fantastic no matter what you choose to do.

Originally Posted by Run4Kiddos View Post
    I've been wondering how things are going! I miss your posts. Glad to hear/read things are going well. How are the gym sessions going? You look fantastic and there isn't anything to cut!!

This weather is just playing with my emotions! I am so happy to see that we may hit close to 50 degrees this weekend!
    The gym sessions are great, still loving it! Thank you !

Oh I totally know and feel the same! Thankfully the weather is looking so much better here and I'm super ready for it!

sweet about the grips working out great for you!
    I would recommend bulk, no cut.. no bulk, err maybe cut. Hell I don't know, you will look fantastic no matter what you choose to do.
    Oh I know, money well spent!

Thanks Mike! I have no idea, luckily I actually like working out and the goal really doesn't matter all that much at the moment. For now just doing my thing and will see what happens. I have plenty of time to decide where to go from here.

james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This picture is wonderful because it represents what's so amazing about your physique. And your bikinis are sexy as hell.

This picture is wonderful because it represents what's so amazing about your physique. And your bikinis are sexy as hell.
    Thank you so much! I would have responded sooner, but I didn't realize you had commented. I need to check more .

Okay, my day has been made. I was walking out of the gym after a hard workout and got stopped by one of the new male trainers on the way out (he was at his desk). He said that he had seen me the last 3 days and had been wanting to say something, that he couldn't believe how shredded I was. He asked if I was competing next Saturday, to which I was surprised. I mean I get asked quite a bit if I compete, but to look like I could compete next Saturday was shocking. He said he was competing in male physique next weekend and that figure would be perfect for me. He asked who my coach was and was surprised when I said I didn't have one and was doing this on my own. I told him I might compete in November and he thinks I should definitely go for it.

Okay, my day has been made. I was walking out of the gym after a hard workout and got stopped by one of the new male trainers on the way out (he was at his desk). He said that he had seen me the last 3 days and had been wanting to say something, that he couldn't believe how shredded I was. He asked if I was competing next Saturday, to which I was surprised. I mean I get asked quite a bit if I compete, but to look like I could compete next Saturday was shocking. He said he was competing in male physique next weekend and that figure would be perfect for me. He asked who my coach was and was surprised when I said I didn't have one and was doing this on my own. I told him I might compete in November and he thinks I should definitely go for it.
    That's fantastic. Compliments from people who are actually part of the industry are always more satisfying. You deserve it! I think most people on here can easily see you stepping on stage at some point. You should go to the show he mentioned to see what it's like. Would you get a coach if you decided to compete? Again congrats on the recognition. You inspire a lot of people.

That's fantastic. Compliments from people who are actually part of the industry are always more satisfying. You deserve it! I think most people on here can easily see you stepping on stage at some point. You should go to the show he mentioned to see what it's like. Would you get a coach if you decided to compete? Again congrats on the recognition. You inspire a lot of people.
    Thank you so much, I was super flattered when he was discussing competitions with me! The show was last Saturday and I didn't make it since it was short notice (I wish I'd paid attention and had found out about it sooner). I would like to watch one show before I dive into competing, but we'll see. Maybe I'll just watch the show that comes here in November and then compete in the spring. That would give me a whole year to both build more and lean out. I think I will get a coach, but probably just for comp prep/leaning out part.

Wow! Competing...you will be great up on the stage! Good luck!
    Even if all you do is watch in November it will be a good experience, you can see what works and what doesn't and get some good advice.

Wow! Competing...you will be great up on the stage! Good luck!
    Even if all you do is watch in November it will be a good experience, you can see what works and what doesn't and get some good advice.
    Thanks Mike! I still have plenty of time to decide which route to go. Part of me wants to watch a show before I get on stage, another part of me wants to just do it. I'll definitely put in a lot of thought and get feedback from others.

Full flex. I'm sitting right around 110-111, so just under my all-time high of 113. I'd like to drop just a bit more and then maintain (and hopefully recomp) through the summer. I want more size all over, but I don't want to commit to that until fall. Plus bulking isn't any fun in the summer, it's just too hot and miserable. Plus the leaner I am at the start of the next bulk, the more I can really focus on building.

BTW, I was called "muscle girl" at the gym yesterday. Not to my face, 2 guys were talking to each other and pointing in my direction, "look at that muscle girl over there". There were no other females around at that time. I was amused.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 05-08-2014 at 07:51 AM.

I am so undecided as to what to do right now. I had written up a post in the forums asking for advice, but deleted it before I got any replies (deleted because it was long-winded and might make another post that is more to the point). If I compete next spring, what should I be focusing on now? I know I need more mass, should I focus on that now or should focus on shedding fat first. I have a decent base, but I do need more and I need to focus on lagging areas (delts and legs?).

I'm pretty lean when I flex, but I still don't know what is the best route to take. If I weren't serious about competing, my goals may be a little different. As far as competing (in figure), my main goal is to get on stage and look like I belong. I don't even care if I place (though that would be even better).
    Attached Images

I am so undecided as to what to do right now. I had written up a post in the forums asking for advice, but deleted it before I got any replies (deleted because it was long-winded and might make another post that is more to the point). If I compete next spring, what should I be focusing on now? I know I need more mass, should I focus on that now or should focus on shedding fat first. I have a decent base, but I do need more and I need to focus on lagging areas (delts and legs?).

I'm pretty lean when I flex, but I still don't know what is the best route to take. If I weren't serious about competing, my goals may be a little different. As far as competing (in figure), my main goal is to get on stage and look like I belong. I don't even care if I place (though that would be even better).
    IMHO with your dedication and the pace of your current progression, you'll definitely look like you belong up there by spring. The second and third pics you just posted really help show just how muscular you have become. They're taken a little further back, are whole body and so there is a sense of scale. If you tune in your nutrition and supplement right you'll probably take a local show with your eyes closed.

When it comes to what steps to take, I think the forums are a good start. See if some people would recommend a contest trainer/coach in your area or even a legit online consultant. Just to send you in the right direction. But you've said you'd like to get cut for summer and that's logical. You have plenty of time after that to gain and cut before stepping on stage in 2015. Make no mistake, you'll rock it.

IMHO with your dedication and the pace of your current progression, you'll definitely look like you belong up there by spring. The second and third pics you just posted really help show just how muscular you have become. They're taken a little further back, are whole body and so there is a sense of scale. If you tune in your nutrition and supplement right you'll probably take a local show with your eyes closed.

When it comes to what steps to take, I think the forums are a good start. See if some people would recommend a contest trainer/coach in your area or even a legit online consultant. Just to send you in the right direction. But you've said you'd like to get cut for summer and that's logical. You have plenty of time after that to gain and cut before stepping on stage in 2015. Make no mistake, you'll rock it.
    Thank so much James, I appreciate it! I will probably ask in the forums soon. I know there are reputable coaches online, I will probably go with one of those if they're taking clients. I like the idea of cutting a bit, I just don't want to take any steps backwards or spin my wheels. Thanks again .

I'm finally below 110---I hit 109.4 this morning which is the lowest I've been since late fall or so. I think I've decided to put my heart in cutting down a bit. Not sure how low I'll go. I'm thinking 105, but I'll reevaluate as I get closer. I might want to go a bit lower, but I will have to see what I look like.

I've posted legs and abs pics for fun, taken this morning.
    Attached Images

I'm finally below 110---I hit 109.4 this morning which is the lowest I've been since late fall or so. I think I've decided to put my heart in cutting down a bit. Not sure how low I'll go. I'm thinking 105, but I'll reevaluate as I get closer. I might want to go a bit lower, but I will have to see what I look like.

I've posted legs and abs pics for fun, taken this morning.
    Looking good! Your calves are starting to really be pronounced. Have you started consulting with any trainer or are you just going to do your own thing through summer? Regardless, I'm sure you'll be turning a lot of heads with outfits like the one above. So pretty.

Looking good! Your calves are starting to really be pronounced. Have you started consulting with any trainer or are you just going to do your own thing through summer? Regardless, I'm sure you'll be turning a lot of heads with outfits like the one above. So pretty.
    Thank you, I've actually been spending more time on calves. No, not yet. I'm going to wing it through summer. I know I will need a coach for contest prep, but I cannot afford to have one all the time. Contest prep is when it will be crucial and I'm aiming for a show late next spring so there is plenty of time. Thank you 😀

Thank you, I've actually been spending more time on calves. No, not yet. I'm going to wing it through summer. I know I will need a coach for contest prep, but I cannot afford to have one all the time. Contest prep is when it will be crucial and I'm aiming for a show late next spring so there is plenty of time. Thank you ��
    So have your family and friends started calling you "the body" yet? lol. how's your summer going. getting stronger?

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi Heidismommy Haven't been in here a while! You look so fantastic! I love the fact that guys at your gym called you 'muscle girl' - totally take that as a compliment.

It's so exciting to read you are thinking of doing a show!

I hope you are having a good day!
    Bulking --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156429083

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey there!!!! Just checking in to see how things are going? !?!?!? Hopefully all good and y'all have been enjoying the summer!

Oh gosh, thanks so much for checking in guys. I've let this journal slide, I really have not been active in the forums at all lately. Things have been going awesome though, I will try to post more later. I'd like to be more active here and on the forums in general.