Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by UnaChispita View Post
    Thanks, girl.

^^^ This is sooo true.

Yep. I am certainly no expert on men. However, women who go into a relationship thinking they can "change" someone is silly. I think that's what OP's gf probably thought.

True. However, I think you've got a beautiful, smart, non-drama woman (based on your posts. This is all my opinion. )

Lots of men go for "crazy" because its fun.

So...next question OP----

DO YOU ATTRACT THE CRAZIES?
    No. I don't think so? She blames me for her insecurities. She was fine w me and my interests. She even shared her discontent toward my past gf and said she'd never be like that. I don't flirt and I'm respectful and aware of her concerns.
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    No. I don't think so? She blames me for her insecurities. She was fine w me and my interests. She even shared her discontent toward my past gf and said she'd never be like that. I don't flirt and I'm respectful and aware of her concerns.
    So...you don't attract crazies, but do you attract women who are insecure?

It seems to be a pattern.

Just a thought. Not necessarily true.

And...if they are insecure...what makes them insecure?

Is there something going on we don't know about?
    Last edited by UnaChispita; 04-07-2014 at 09:05 PM.

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    by all means...I just love it when a woman gets into a serious relationship..listens to a man, nods her head and sympathises and yes oh yes honey I think that would be a great idea and I am on board with your dreams, goals and your hobbies

and then as soon as she knows she has him...starts knocking em off one by one

"no I really think you are spending too many of your saturdays out golfing with the guys and no you certainly do not need a new putter"
    " I think you should put a pool in back yard instead...yes I do understand it will mean putting in more hours at work"
    "no one likes that kind of music but you anyhow so I sold your albums at the yard sale"
    "Ugh...that shirt is awful so I went out and bought you an entirely new wardrobe"
    "no I dont think you should go back and finish your degree...that time has come and gone"
    "why would you even think of going for that promotion when it would mean less time with me"

after all isnt that what we all really want out of a long term relationship...someone to stomp out our dreams and ambitions
    and make us feel guilty for having them in the first place
    I see you know my first wife LBM
    pick it up and put it down

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless your hours spent training means she doesn't get to see you as much as she'd like--I think she needs to check herself.

People need alone time/hobbies that don't involve their significant other. My wife likes to run/shop. I don't meddle with that. I like to bend the bar--she leaves me be.

I would say to unfriend bikini models etc on FB--just out of respect for your GF. I mean, c'mon brah. Hot chicks on FB is a no-no. One of the reasons I don't do FB. Don't even want to open up that can of worms, past relationships, etc.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jeffaus View Post
    I see you know my first wife LBM
    your first wife and my sister in law got a lot in common

I will agree with what someone else said about this being a look at me sport
    how can it not be when you are on stage in a competition
    it is unavoidable.

your friends may be other people that go to the gym or are in competitions
    or living this lifestyle

many of the people who choose this lifestyle have pictures of themselves
    showing off those hard earned gains

these pics may be in bathing suits
    if these women are talking to you all time

saying things like "ooooooo nice pecs"
    then it is understandable perhaps
    that the woman in your life may not like it

I suspect similar arguements have happened between couples
    on this site
    Last edited by latebloomingmom; 04-08-2014 at 05:22 AM.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "giving her what she needs"

this isn't about you it is about her needs( whatever those may be) and attention levels. Some women need tons while others are happy with less; it really comes down to what you are willing to sacrifice and only you have that answer. best of luck!

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Unless your hours spent training means she doesn't get to see you as much as she'd like--I think she needs to check herself.

People need alone time/hobbies that don't involve their significant other. My wife likes to run/shop. I don't meddle with that. I like to bend the bar--she leaves me be.

I would say to unfriend bikini models etc on FB--just out of respect for your GF. I mean, c'mon brah. Hot chicks on FB is a no-no. One of the reasons I don't do FB. Don't even want to open up that can of worms, past relationships, etc.
    I agree that we need personal time, but if we have an interest/occupation/hobby that become a time consuming endeavor, that isn't "personal time". There also needs to be a complete transparency, especially in regards to social networking. It's very easy to become loose in regards to how we address others, especially when we have an expectation of privacy. Sometimes what we consider innocent, isn't an innocuous as it may seem on the surface.

Personally, I am very careful how I address members of the opposite sex, be it in the open forum or in private messages. My GF has complete access to all social networking, and I am perfectly fine with that. I'm not ignorant to social networking culture, and could understand why anyone would be wary of a significant others that maintained a private internet life.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 04-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agreed, ACC.

My wife does FB and she doesn't care if I see it since most of the stuff she posts is pics of the our kids she wants to show me anyway.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    "giving her what she needs"

this isn't about you it is about her needs( whatever those may be) and attention levels. Some women need tons while others are happy with less; it really comes down to what you are willing to sacrifice and only you have that answer. best of luck!
    I agree with the first part of this post, not entirely with the second. I agree that we each have our idea of relationship, and some people need more attention and reassurance while others need less. I disagree that the solution is for one partner to give up a big part of their lives to satisfy the other's idea of relationship. I think people who need a lot of attention should seek partners that are into giving a lot of attention, and people who want personal space should seek partners that give personal space. When one person has to do all the work, when one has to turn their own idea of relationship on its head just to please the other, it doesn't bode well. I believe OP and his partner are badly matched, and rather than bending over backwards, they should look for a more suitable partner.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I believe OP and his partner are badly matched, and rather than bending over backwards, they should look for a more suitable partner.
    Dang sy, you're a straight shooter.

stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stealpulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jealousy.

She's feeling jealous and is trying to get you to feel what she is feeling.

It's a lose-lose situation.

If you quit, you will resent her for it.

If you keep going, she will resent you for it.

Time to cut ties?
    Thick. Solid. Tight.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dang sy, you're a straight shooter.
    Sorry, I have a tendency to be direct. It's not meant to be insulting (although some people take it that way).
    English not being my first language doesn't help either.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Sorry, I have a tendency to be direct. It's not meant to be insulting (although some people take it that way).
    English not being my first language doesn't help either.
    Meh, people in general should be more direct like you are.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I apologize now for making lewd comments to you on your ********.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    Hi ACSZZ. I'm single. I have made compromises where I will only keep modeling pics for her to see. Mine will be strictly competition and progress. I made this promise to her a while ago.

I'm 48. She is 39
    hmmmm, ever wonder if she is concerned of getting "older" and your fans are much younger or more fit etc? Uncovering the real stressors in a relationship can be a source of a stronger one. As I see it the age difference of your typical BB fan and you vs her own self image and self worth- she is still in school, will have to find a job, and than the fear of loosing you to someone younger or more fit etc. Yes, you may say and show that you are in love committed to your relationship but just wonder about this angle since it was not mentioned.

hope things work out.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Great info from everyone. This actually makes sense. After deep hearted discussion we narrowed it down. Many girls on my FB are just that. Not close friends or relatives. There really isn't any benefit having young little fit girls involved in my bodybuilding and training. Maybe some day when I open up my own gym this may change. But she would be much more accepting and supportive if she didn't have to see half naked girls all over my page. Tho things are kept in order and respectful and tasteful. I can understand this insecurity in her and see cleaning out my friend list to this degree not taking anything away from my goal. I'll actually be gaining her support and motivation more! Which is what I'd rather have than a thousand young little models !

I hope tips doesn't sound like a sell out.
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

Just be sure and send me all the chicks FB info before you unfriend, so I can creep/fap, brah.

J/K :-)

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think everybody who replied miss out on one other big thing. I may be wrong, but facts are solid. My two past relationships ended at around the same time as I was going hard at my training and especially during cutting phase. I though hard about it, tried to reconstruct who said what and what the arguments were. And how I dealt with the clutter of daily family businesses. One thing is certain, during those times both of my ex's were treated differently, I was focused on my training and was continually bringing my training home. I ate different foods from the rest of the family, I was all absorbed in cooking and training. Romance part wasn't there for my better halves. I thought it was, but it wasn't.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    There is a recurring theme here where women find you to be attention seeking and self absorbed. I am confident that would not be the case had your enthusiasm been tempered with humility. As far as your partner telling you she will be seeking attention from other men; she is sending you very clear message. She is "threatening" to do the very thing she feels you are doing... seeking attention from the opposite sex. Apparently you have a habit of making women think your being sexually assertive. I highly doubt this is a case of women not being supportive of your interests.

Take a step back and try and evaluate your own behavior with an impartial eye.
    When relationships fail, it's usually a collaborative effort and the blame is shared. It's all too easy to blow someone off as a crazy b*tch instead of realizing they probably have a point (even if they are a crazy b*tch).

Regardless, it's impossible to attribute anything to the party not available, as we are seeing only one perspective... his.
    I agree that we need personal time, but if we have an interest/occupation/hobby that become a time consuming endeavor, that isn't "personal time". There also needs to be a complete transparency, especially in regards to social networking. It's very easy to become loose in regards to how we address others, especially when we have an expectation of privacy. Sometimes what we consider innocent, isn't an innocuous as it may seem on the surface.

Personally, I am very careful how I address members of the opposite sex, be it in the open forum or in private messages. My GF has complete access to all social networking, and I am perfectly fine with that. I'm not ignorant to social networking culture, and could understand why anyone would be wary of a significant others that maintained a private internet life.
    Reading trough the threads and responses, I think acc pretty much nailed it here OP. At least from my perspective.
    Last edited by so-tex; 04-08-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been going through it...so can relate. Started dating a woman in 2012...and we are still together. Told her that I wanted to compete get on stage ,etc....she was supportive but said one very specific thing...if you spend more time at the gym with my I am going to be a jealous bitch about it. Long story short I started spending less time at the gym and more more time on the couch. Started to resent that. Then summer of 2013 hit...and she was at the lake every weekend with her parents. Never once was I invited. So we discussed what she once told me about the gym and how she spends every weekend at the lake...needless to say we came to an agreement.

Now I am training for the NOC which is a local NPC show, in September. She knows when I am at the gym and that I will always make time for her. I never force what I eat on her and when we go out to eat I never pick about what she is eating. In the end it came down to a lot of conversations and some comprimise on both ends. Yes she hates that I talk to women that are fit and working out but she knows I will always be hers and she is the one that I want (have to tell her this just about daily). The good thing about it all though is that we talk about it .. the good and the bad. She knows I have my gym time and she has her shopping time. If I need to work my work out schedule around to be with her I do it as best possible.

I have talked to a few guys at the gym and they have done through the same thing with girl friends and competing.

All I can say is keep your head up. Lots of open conversations with her. And if you part ways at least know you talked about it and you were open with her.

And you have to be honest with yourself and with her.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great thread. It doesnt matter what you are into. could be bodybuilding, fishing, woodworking. The result will always be the same.

This is not a slam on you, I think you are great poster and from what I can tell a great guy who goes above and beyond so please dont take this wrong.

Its not that she doesnt appreciate the effort you put in or anything like that. It really has nothing to do with your bodybuilding at all. it boils down to a very simple thing and that somehow, she does not see you as an alpha male and she is trying to tell you in her own way just that.

The tell tell signs are there. Caring for all her needs, being attentive. You would think these are nice things to do and they are but you also have to draw the line and set the record straight. She told you straiught up that she wants to see other men so she basically is telling you that she no longer sees you as the alpha and her biological needs are drawing her to another who she does see that way. Same reason the bad boys get the women.

Imagine for a second that you found a dog that was out of control. You could be nice to it all day long but it will still push you around until you look it in the eye and tel it no. Same goes with kids, They can run around all day but when you say no at the end of the fun, that should be it, no. They dont get to keep acting up as you try to be nice about it.

the alpha ape does all of this without saying a word. They fully control a complex social structure of their group and everyone knows they are the boss by the way they carry themselves.

I dont know you but this might be where you are lacking. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our day to day lives that we lose focus of simply being the man in the relationship. We feel guilty for being away at the gym or working in nutrition or recover and we forget to tend to the garden that is right in front of us at home.

Drive you car and never do maint and it will eventually cause a problem. Same with relationahips and by that I dont mean you have to lavish her with flowers or phoney apologies or anything like that. i am saying you need to address yourself and how she sees you.

It might not be too late though as there is a very simple fix to this.

Lets look at the silverback. he carries himself as the alpha. By thet he always makes eye contact and doesnt avert his gave first. When approached by betas or lower ranking apes, they will 100% of the time look down. same with us. Start looking people in the eye and watch as they instinctively look down first. This means they are deferring to you as the alpha. Good, capitalize on that.

Women are particularly keen for eye contact as the majority of their day is centered around it whether they realize it or not. If you are not making eye contact, you will never be the alpha, you will be the guy keeping her confy until the alpha comes along.

The silverback basically does not feel bad for what he does or where he goes because he is the general and his job is to protect the tribe so the others dont question him if he need to take more space. he must need it to protect the group. A way to experiment with this is to simply walk into someones space, they should instinctively get out of your way and give you room. Dont worry if you hurt their feelings, the alpha need to do what the alpha needs to do.

Next is taking up more space and being louder. The silver back needs more space because he is the boss, he takes as much as he needs. They are clearly the biggest one around just like you alreday are so you have that down.

The way to experiment with this it to notice when you are talking with someone, always have your arm against the wall or somehow be stretching out your arms tio make yourself even bigger than you are. Theis shows them you are physically bigger. Thsi worls even if you are not bigger buy the way. look at little dogs that seems to be in charge of bigger dogs.

Same goes with making more noise, the leader by nature has to make more noise to fend off predators.

The main thing sounds odd but will attract more women than anything including your gf and that is touching other females. Not groping them or being a creep but say you are at a party with friends, make sure to touch other females arms or put a fatherly hand on their shoulder, anything like this. The females will see this as the others are allowing you to actually touch them so you are clearly the alpha/ most desirable one. If they are repulsed by your touch then you got problems and have not done any of the other things discussed above.

So you see, this is the type of relationship maint that needs to be done. Do this and she will be all over you and if not her, you will have no trouble pulling any others you want.

Again, please dont take this as I am dogging you out personally, its not like that, i am just trying to help.

If you arent doing these things then there will always be another guy who is doing them, always.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My wife and I never have to make time for each other. It just seems to work out that we are together most of the time. Odd how that works out when you are with the right one.

I make time for the other sht.
    Last edited by Brackneyc; 04-08-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    To
    Too
    Two

There
    They're
    Their

Lose
    Loose

Your
    You're

As in

"you're picking bodybuilding and fitness over your relationship?"

Vs.

"your picking bodybuilding and fitness over your relationship?"

Just sayin' brah

To answer your Q, no, you're not missing a thing. Get a new GF who supports your efforts.

Good luck!

PS, I'm a terrible speller so no 'net spelling police intended.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FWIW, OP, I think you've acted like a decent guy. In my case, while my training is important, it ain't the be-all and end-all of my existence. If I were a competitive lifter, then maybe, but it isn't. Okay, that's just me. I have my writing, and that is a one-person job. No other collaborators, no others to call on for support, so I tend to focus on that a lot. My wife understands, but at the same time, I know that she and our children have to come first, so I tear my butt away from the keyboard when it is time in order to make time for her and our children. That's what's important to me.

If your lady friend cannot understand that you need to do what you need to do, and if she is so insecure about it--and it sounds like she's terribly needy--then you're better off going somewhere else. JMO...and I wish you well with it all.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Everything has pretty much been said already, so I'll just share my situation.
    My husband has a profession that puts him in front of people all the time, and he has women hitting on him constantly (even though he's old lol). Some days he spends all day in the studio with a 27-year old female singer, for instance.
    None of this has EVER mattered to me one bit, because I KNOW him. I have access to all his accounts, e-mails etc. But I never check anything, because there is no reason to.
    I am so happy that he gets to do what he loves in life. It actually gives me pleasure, even though he's away from me sometimes for months.
    I love him, and I want him to be able to do what he wants. Not many people get to do what they want in life. I work in a stupid office, and would not work at all if I didn't have to.
    So the situation that the OP is describing is very strange to me. I kind of agree with others that say that something is missing. You either have a pattern to choose certain type of women, or you give them a reason to be jealous. ..Or I'm just different.

Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I ended my relationship because of my goals.

I was tired about hearing how I never have time to spend, and going to the gym was killing quality time.

If quality time is watching you eat Dorito's on the couch, wining how out of shape you are then there is an issue.

I don't go to the gym to pick up! I go to the gym to pick myself up!

While it may sound selfish when it came down to it, I did choose the gym.
    Making skinny fat cool since 2010 :)

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crupiea, interesting post. I however canot see how is that possible for all males to be genuine alfa. Hand pick a bunch of "alfest" alfa's and put them together on one big fishboat ( I've done that eh) and some of them will become less "alfa", and they will invriably fight over little shiт all the time. Also, when somebody allow such familiarity to my GF at the party, like the things you were describing, gets my attention and it usually stops. The other thing is eye contact, I personally get tired of this sheat, when somebody is maintaining the look I let them go about doing it while I roll to other more interesting things, I mean, I know who is the boss here (ME!) so why bother with these little girly tricks like eye contact.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    Great thread. It doesnt matter what you are into. could be bodybuilding, fishing, woodworking. The result will always be the same.

This is not a slam on you, I think you are great poster and from what I can tell a great guy who goes above and beyond so please dont take this wrong.

Its not that she doesnt appreciate the effort you put in or anything like that. It really has nothing to do with your bodybuilding at all. it boils down to a very simple thing and that somehow, she does not see you as an alpha male and she is trying to tell you in her own way just that.

The tell tell signs are there. Caring for all her needs, being attentive. You would think these are nice things to do and they are but you also have to draw the line and set the record straight. She told you straiught up that she wants to see other men so she basically is telling you that she no longer sees you as the alpha and her biological needs are drawing her to another who she does see that way. Same reason the bad boys get the women.

Imagine for a second that you found a dog that was out of control. You could be nice to it all day long but it will still push you around until you look it in the eye and tel it no. Same goes with kids, They can run around all day but when you say no at the end of the fun, that should be it, no. They dont get to keep acting up as you try to be nice about it.

the alpha ape does all of this without saying a word. They fully control a complex social structure of their group and everyone knows they are the boss by the way they carry themselves.

I dont know you but this might be where you are lacking. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our day to day lives that we lose focus of simply being the man in the relationship. We feel guilty for being away at the gym or working in nutrition or recover and we forget to tend to the garden that is right in front of us at home.

Drive you car and never do maint and it will eventually cause a problem. Same with relationahips and by that I dont mean you have to lavish her with flowers or phoney apologies or anything like that. i am saying you need to address yourself and how she sees you.

It might not be too late though as there is a very simple fix to this.

Lets look at the silverback. he carries himself as the alpha. By thet he always makes eye contact and doesnt avert his gave first. When approached by betas or lower ranking apes, they will 100% of the time look down. same with us. Start looking people in the eye and watch as they instinctively look down first. This means they are deferring to you as the alpha. Good, capitalize on that.

Women are particularly keen for eye contact as the majority of their day is centered around it whether they realize it or not. If you are not making eye contact, you will never be the alpha, you will be the guy keeping her confy until the alpha comes along.

The silverback basically does not feel bad for what he does or where he goes because he is the general and his job is to protect the tribe so the others dont question him if he need to take more space. he must need it to protect the group. A way to experiment with this is to simply walk into someones space, they should instinctively get out of your way and give you room. Dont worry if you hurt their feelings, the alpha need to do what the alpha needs to do.

Next is taking up more space and being louder. The silver back needs more space because he is the boss, he takes as much as he needs. They are clearly the biggest one around just like you alreday are so you have that down.

The way to experiment with this it to notice when you are talking with someone, always have your arm against the wall or somehow be stretching out your arms tio make yourself even bigger than you are. Theis shows them you are physically bigger. Thsi worls even if you are not bigger buy the way. look at little dogs that seems to be in charge of bigger dogs.

Same goes with making more noise, the leader by nature has to make more noise to fend off predators.

The main thing sounds odd but will attract more women than anything including your gf and that is touching other females. Not groping them or being a creep but say you are at a party with friends, make sure to touch other females arms or put a fatherly hand on their shoulder, anything like this. The females will see this as the others are allowing you to actually touch them so you are clearly the alpha/ most desirable one. If they are repulsed by your touch then you got problems and have not done any of the other things discussed above.

So you see, this is the type of relationship maint that needs to be done. Do this and she will be all over you and if not her, you will have no trouble pulling any others you want.

Again, please dont take this as I am dogging you out personally, its not like that, i am just trying to help.

If you arent doing these things then there will always be another guy who is doing them, always.

There is no alpha anymore, period.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    There is no alpha anymore, period.
    And what the fukk is an "alpha" anyway?

And what the fukk is an "alpha" anyway?

It's what guys think they are until someone hurts their feelings.