~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Can I do keto while on an antidepressant/SSRI (lexapro )

Hi guys my doctor wants me to take a SSRI as I'm currently going through drug withdrawals (3rd month sober) and he says they can help with the anxiety.

I'm trying to improve my general health and get back into lifting while on a keto diet. Only issue is I've heard keto affects serotonin so I don't know the SSRI would affect that. I've done keto in the past with no real issues but I don't know if i'll react differently on the medicine.

I was wondering if anyone here is on an ssri and has done it successfully.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not a qualified doctor but from my personal experiences and from would I have read keto helps reduce anxiety so could be a good mix

Great avi btw, looking cut to shreds!

Originally Posted by ~Mase~ View Post
    Hi guys my doctor wants me to take a SSRI as I'm currently going through drug withdrawals (3rd month sober) and he says they can help with the anxiety.

I'm trying to improve my general health and get back into lifting while on a keto diet. Only issue is I've heard keto affects serotonin so I don't know the SSRI would affect that. I've done keto in the past with no real issues but I don't know if i'll react differently on the medicine.

I was wondering if anyone here is on an ssri and has done it successfully.
    It's YOU vs YOU

~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    I'm not a qualified doctor but from my personal experiences and from would I have read keto helps reduce anxiety so could be a good mix

Great avi btw, looking cut to shreds!

thanks man, I guess I'll ask my doctor about it unfortunately they usually don't know too much about keto and it's effects.

grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are in Keto odds are you could drop the SSRI. Keto makes ppl happy and stress free if you do it properly. At least it did for me.
    Get through the initial "JFC I'm gonna die" phase and you should be golden.

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am having some issues too and did read an article from a psychiatrist a few days ago who suggests keto too and argues it is better for your brain. The only thing I am not sure about yet is if SKD or CKD would be best. What do you think about this?

Originally Posted by Insilicio View Post
    I am having some issues too and did read an article from a psychiatrist a few days ago who suggests keto too and argues it is better for your brain. The only thing I am not sure about yet is if SKD or CKD would be best. What do you think about this?

TBH no one can really give you a concrete answer as mental issues vary so much between each individual person. Some might benefit greatly from keto while others may not notice a difference, or may even feel worse. The only concrete way to find out is to experiment with both types and see how you feel.

I recommend making the transition to keto slowly. First I would cut out all gluten and refined carbs. You'd be left with mostly fruit and starchy carbs and your overall intake will be lower. From there I would taper off 50 grams of carbs each week so your body gets the chance to slowly adjust.

In the past I've went from consuming 300 grams carbs to 0 in a week and I felt terrible but when I did it slowly I felt pretty good.

Personally I would recommend CKD as without the weekly carb up I notice my libido being affected negatively.

Btw could you post the link to the article you mentioned?

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    If you are in Keto odds are you could drop the SSRI. Keto makes ppl happy and stress free if you do it properly. At least it did for me.
    Get through the initial "JFC I'm gonna die" phase and you should be golden.
    Please. Please. Don't give medical advice that you are clearly unqualified for. Are you actually suggesting he drop an SSRI because of a diet? If you knew about brain chemistry, you'd realize that is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention that carbs are associated with serontonin so a lack of carbs can actually be detrimental to some mentally, especially if they already have a 5thp imbalance. Furthermore, he said he was is taking it, because he is in recovery. Most likely there has been further damage done to abuse.

Yes, you can try Keto, I suggest just getting on a well-balanced diet. Your first few months of sobriety are not a time to be playing with extreme diets. Leave that for later. Right now, just focus on getting consistent in the gym, eating better, and re-building your life. Tons of time to adjust stuff later once things are on track. Good luck

Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    Please. Please. Don't give medical advice that you are clearly unqualified for. Are you actually suggesting he drop an SSRI because of a diet? If you knew about brain chemistry, you'd realize that is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention that carbs are associated with serontonin so a lack of carbs can actually be detrimental to some mentally, especially if they already have a 5thp imbalance. Furthermore, he said he was is taking it, because he is in recovery. Most likely there has been further damage done to abuse.

Yes, you can try Keto, I suggest just getting on a well-balanced diet. Your first few months of sobriety are not a time to be playing with extreme diets. Leave that for later. Right now, just focus on getting consistent in the gym, eating better, and re-building your life. Tons of time to adjust stuff later once things are on track. Good luck

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. For now I'll stick to eating a decent amount of carbs while I recover and I probably won't attempt keto until my doc says I can drop the SSRI