Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile Opinions on diet plan for clean/lean bulk?

Hey all

Currently sitting around 86kg and want to clean bulk it up to around 90kg + within 10 months. Obviously I want to do this without a gut and a minimal amount of fat.

This is my diet so far I am hoping to consume around 3250 - 3500 cals per day. Going to pre make the meals when I have to.

Also any advice on cardio - currently doing 10-15 mins 3x per week after weights session.

8:30 Meal 1- 30 grams protein from whey isolate, 1 egg, 1 cup oats 400 *edit ~ 6-8 almonds + Fish oil.

10:30 Meal 2 - 240g ground beef 1 cup brown rice 450

Train

1:00 Meal 3 - 30 grams protein 1 banana

2:30 Meal 4 - 200g ground beef 1 cup white rice

5:30 Meal 5 - 200g chicken breast 200g sweet potato

8:30 Meal 6 - 200g chicken breast or fish 200grams broccoli

Can have vegetables with any meal

The time I am able to train will very likely alter so any certain meals I should take before/after the actual workout?

Cheers
    Last edited by Hearto; 01-17-2014 at 09:16 AM.

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) Clean bulking has nothing to do with the types of foods you eat, because, as you should know, there are no "clean" foods.

If you want to clean bulk, add a 10-20% surplus to your TDEE. (Go here to calculate your TDEE and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183). Bulking at a small surplus will let you gain muscle while putting on little fat.

2) You don't need to eat 6 meals a day (unless you enjoy eating that frequently and it works with your schedule).

3) Yes, you can have vegetables with any meal. But your diet looks bland and deficient in dietary fat. I suggest varying it for enjoyment and to prevent developing deficiencies.

4) If you want to cardio, that's fine. It's great for overall cardiovascular health, but just make sure to account for it when calculating your TDEE.

5) Eat your meals when you're hungry and when your schedule allows.

6) Read through the 'stickies' at the top of the Nutrition section because you seem a little misinformed.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmann123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No offense, but your "meal plans" seem more based on broscience then actual nutritional information.
    1) You do not have to eat directly after your workout, as the anabolic window is a myth. Do this only if you prefer.
    2) You do not have to eat 6 meals a day at certain times, as meal frequency is completely independent of body composition. Do this only if you prefer.
    3) You do not have to eat beef/chicken breast/fish at every meal. Read the stickies at the top of this forum to get a better understanding of nutrition. Estimate your TDEE, find your protein and fat minimums, and then come back with more questions.

Plus, I didn't actually calculate your macros for you, but it looks like you might be low in dietary fats...
    If you're spinning your wheels you are really moving backwards. Everyone is passing you by.

Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100) Hearto is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by beastlymandude View Post
    1) Clean bulking has nothing to do with the types of foods you eat, because, as you should know, there are no "clean" foods.

If you want to clean bulk, add a 10-20% surplus to your TDEE. (Go here to calculate your TDEE and macros: . Bulking at a small surplus will let you gain muscle while putting on little fat.

2) You don't need to eat 6 meals a day (unless you enjoy eating that frequently and it works with your schedule).

3) Yes, you can have vegetables with any meal. But your diet looks bland and deficient in dietary fat. I suggest varying it for enjoyment and to prevent developing deficiencies.

4) If you want to cardio, that's fine. It's great for overall cardiovascular health, but just make sure to account for it when calculating your TDEE.

5) Eat your meals when you're hungry and when your schedule allows.

6) Read through the 'stickies' at the top of the Nutrition section because you seem a little misinformed.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks a lot buddy, I started this yesterday and I only did around 5 meals. I will vary the rice up with potato and occasionally pasta.. A friend who does take it pretty seriously/competition wise, wrote this diet plan for me which is why I was a bit skeptic and decided to get some advice on here.. roughly how many calories would you say I am consuming?

My main goal is to just keep the stomach off while gaining weight and the cardio is for cardiovascular health.

I agree there are not enough dietary fats, any recommendations?

Cheers Hearto

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you're going to follow a plan without any idea of the amount of calories, protein/carbs/fat you are consuming?
    Because someone who competes wrote it for you?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    So you're going to follow a plan without any idea of the amount of calories, protein/carbs/fat you are consuming?
    Because someone who competes wrote it for you?
    He did it to produce 3300 cals (knowing I'm not training to compete). He won the teenage IFBB over here so obviously I do trust what he says. It does state the amounts in grams he has given and I will be consuming. He said he knew all the percentages he was giving me, however I just wanted some advice from others on here, you know.. the reason I made this thread. With advice I will go back to him and ask for him to alter/question him on my diet.

Thanks for the advice

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hearto View Post
    He did it to produce 3300 cals (knowing I'm not training to compete). He won the teenage IFBB over here so obviously I do trust what he says. It does state the amounts in grams he has given and I will be consuming. He said he knew all the percentages he was giving me, however I just wanted some advice from others on here, you know.. the reason I made this thread. With advice I will go back to him and ask for him to alter/question him on my diet.

Thanks for the advice
    If he's used ratio's or percentages, drop the whole plan and come back here.
    Ratio's generally over-estimate protein needs and under-estimate fat and it looks like your consuming a lot of protein.

If you want to follow this I would recommend using myfitnesspal to work out the specific macro's + fibre, that way you can tweak it if needed.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks for the advice
    That doesn't mean he knows what he's talkinh about lol
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Ratio's generally over-estimate protein needs and under-estimate fat and it looks like your consuming a lot of protein.

If you want to follow this I would recommend using myfitnesspal to work out the specific macro's + fibre, that way you can tweak it if needed.
    Yea, I mean because he isnt competing 3300 is a fine number right!?

Op, I suggest you drop this and figure out a rational diet before starting something not tailored for yourself personally.
    Eat the damn yolk.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Awww come on, look at all that fat he's consuming! 1 egg worth!
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post

-.-

That doesn't mean he knows what he's talkinh about lol
    He must know something tho... right?

Forgot to mention almonds with my oats and fish oils.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Yea, I mean because he isnt competing 3300 is a fine number right!?

Op, I suggest you drop this and figure out a rational diet before starting something not tailored for yourself personally.
    I need around 3300-3500 to gain weight, 2900-3000 to maintain? I would rather keep it around the 3300 mark to avoid excess fat however on cardio days will up it. Doesn't that seem pretty rational?

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not really.

Especially if it was TEEN IFBB, no offense to teenagers, but they are usually following the most bro-tastic dietary advice available and often are very confused about proper nutrition.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Not necessarily

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Not really.

Especially if it was TEEN IFBB, no offense to teenagers, but they are usually following the most bro-tastic dietary advice available and often are very confused about proper nutrition.
    Yeh tru tru, I know what you mean, and IFBB isn't the most legitimate. He did have a nutritionist/pt helping him out with the plan tho and deserved to win. He was at 85kg ~4.2% bf, for an 18 year old (hes now 19).

Nothing I hate more then Bro-science, I study a medical degree and you get a lot of that from others.

Tbh haven't really researched into my own diet, simply because I have only been lifting on and off for around a year but now want to start taking it seriously, which is why I asked him for help. I usually just tried to eat healthy, avoided fast food and cooked my own meals - but defiantly did not calorie-macro count. Obviously I still gained muscle because I eat quite a lot but added an amount of fat around my stomach and hips.

Any advice on how I should go about creating my own diet plan? I don't want to jump into anything wasting my time, therefore I want to do it right. However no problem with experimenting diet plans, whether they work or not, it's a form of learning.

Cheers Hearto

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeh tru tru, I know what you mean, and IFBB isn't the most legitimate. He did have a nutritionist/pt helping him out with the plan tho and deserved to win. He was at 85kg ~4.2% bf, for an 18 year old (hes now 19).

Nothing I hate more then Bro-science, I study a medical degree and you get a lot of that from others.

Tbh haven't really researched into my own diet, simply because I have only been lifting on and off for around a year but now want to start taking it seriously, which is why I asked him for help. I usually just tried to eat healthy, avoided fast food and cooked my own meals - but defiantly did not calorie-macro count. Obviously I still gained muscle because I eat quite a lot but added an amount of fat around my stomach and hips.

Any advice on how I should go about creating my own diet plan? I don't want to jump into anything wasting my time, therefore I want to do it right. However no problem with experimenting diet plans, whether they work or not, it's a form of learning.

Cheers Hearto
    Fulfill your calorie/macro/micro requirements with foods you enjoy (use common sense and practice moderation), while comprising the majority of your diet from whole or minimally processed foods. This'll give you a realistic and sustainable eating plan that will support your physical and mental health.

Originally Posted by beastlymandude View Post
    Fulfill your calorie/macro/micro requirements with foods you enjoy (use common sense and practice moderation), while comprising the majority of your diet from whole or minimally processed foods. This'll give you a realistic and sustainable eating plan that will support your physical and mental health.
    Cheers beast, will rep.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He's edited it to add 6 almonds in there too. Looks on track now.

notsrs

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    He's edited it to add 6 almonds in there too. Looks on track now.

notsrs

Not sure why commenting on lean bulk diet plan when bf = 44%

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Because he obviously knows more about nutrition than yourself.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Because he obviously knows more about nutrition than yourself.
    He may have been around longer, yet his input was scarce of helpful. Nutrition you reckon? You mean lifting weights and then eating everything in sight? His mind set is clearly not on doing a lean bulk as opposed to mine. Lol negative reps... ouch
    Last edited by Hearto; 01-18-2014 at 06:12 PM.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He may have been around longer, yet his input was scarce of helpful. Nutrition you reckon? You mean lifting weights and then eating everything in sight? His mind set is clearly not on doing a lean bulk as opposed to mine. Lol negative reps... ouch
    Just because someone may not have the physique of someone who is knowledgeable on the subject, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Often these guys know a lot more than your "bros" from the gym (your friend for example).

It'd do you well to remember that.

He's been a member of these forums for a while, and is a regular, knowledgeable poster in this section. He knows what he is talking about and his advice is solid.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Is that the same as saying you shouldn't be commenting on any bulking plan or muscle gaining at all?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    . . . and then he tried to neg me from way deep in the red . . .

OP: Not sure why you thought 3g of fat from 6 almonds was going to make any significant change in your lean bulk.

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Just because someone may not have the physique of someone who is knowledgeable on the subject, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Often these guys know a lot more than your "bros" from the gym (your friend for example).

It'd do you well to remember that.

He's been a member of these forums for a while, and is a regular, knowledgeable poster in this section. He knows what he is talking about and his advice is solid.
    Never said he wasn't knowledgeable. I simply stated that his input was un-helpfull. Instead of giving some advice he decided to take the piss.. Maybe when he started lifting he just knew everything.. or maybe elders helped him out.

Is that the same as saying you shouldn't be commenting on any bulking plan or muscle gaining at all?

Negative. In my description I state I want to gain minimal fat. He is welcome to comment, however his comment was simply taking the piss which is all well and good, but if your going to do that at least give some advice.

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    . . . and then he tried to neg me from way deep in the red . . .

OP: Not sure why you thought 3g of fat from 6 almonds was going to make any significant change in your lean bulk.
    You and your buddy negged me, so I thought I would return the favor. I knew it wouldn't have any effect but knew you would see it.

And yes I know that, which is why I said it was an edit... what fats should I be consuming then? more eggs or wholefoods?

You and your buddy negged me, so I thought I would return the favor. I knew it wouldn't have any effect but knew you would see it.

And yes I know that, which is why I said it was an edit... what fats should I be consuming then? more egg whites?
    I didn't neg you at all, so thanks for the favor.

I'll try not to joke at all, since you seem unable to handle it.

There is no fat in egg whites.

There is fat in (whole) eggs, dairy, meat, fish, nuts, nut butters, avocados. Surely you know of foods with fat in them ?
    Stay away from (man made/industrial) trans fats
    Last edited by MetilHed; 01-18-2014 at 11:14 PM.