Ericschoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BCAA and creatine

Hi guys.
    I'm just wondering what BCAA does to your body? I know it increases strength and work out duration. But is it beneficial to you guys too? I don't see much difference before and after. I take BCAA during work out usually after warm up cardio, before lifting. But I don't drink it one shot. Maybe three or four times through out the work out. Is it OK to do that? I also take creatine right after work out which is supposed to increase strength. Am I wasting it since BCAA increases strength anyway.
    Oh I take a caffeine tablet as a pre-work out. It seems that it works with a little bit of side effect( feeling down the day after if you skip to take the tablet)
    But in general, are caffeine, BCAA and creatine followed by whey protein good combination?

aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    BCAA's won't do much for strength. I'm only a fan of them pre-fasted training or just plain leucine between meals.

Creatine - take 3-5g whenever.

socrates6666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ericschoi View Post
    Hi guys.
    I'm just wondering what BCAA does to your body? I know it increases strength and work out duration. But is it beneficial to you guys too? I don't see much difference before and after. I take BCAA during work out usually after warm up cardio, before lifting. But I don't drink it one shot. Maybe three or four times through out the work out. Is it OK to do that? I also take creatine right after work out which is supposed to increase strength. Am I wasting it since BCAA increases strength anyway.
    Oh I take a caffeine tablet as a pre-work out. It seems that it works with a little bit of side effect( feeling down the day after if you skip to take the tablet)
    But in general, are caffeine, BCAA and creatine followed by whey protein good combination?
    I tend to take BCAA in the morning when I wake up, then again right before my workout, post workout I mix 10g I creatine with my protein, by not altering my diet and I been doing this for the last 2 weeks I have significantly increased m lifts by approx 5 to 10%

terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are some interesting studies done that show a positive connection between liver function and BCAA's.

"RECENT FINDINGS: There has been continued interest in the potential of oral BCAA supplements in improving energy metabolism, nitrogen metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism, insulin resistance, severity of liver disease, serum albumin levels, quality of serum albumin, or postoperative complication rates. Unfortunately, many trials suffer from lacking or inadequate controls or small sample size. In a fine example of scientific perseverance, Dutch researchers uncovered the long-known phenomenon of ingested blood being highly comagenic in patients with cirrhosis to be due to the low biologic value of blood protein. The absence of isoleucine and the abundance of leucine in the hemoglobin molecule by way of BCAA antagonism leads to impaired protein synthesis and azotemia paving the way for hepatic encephalopathy."

chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by terryo79 View Post
    There are some interesting studies done that show a positive connection between liver function and BCAA's.

"RECENT FINDINGS: There has been continued interest in the potential of oral BCAA supplements in improving energy metabolism, nitrogen metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism, insulin resistance, severity of liver disease, serum albumin levels, quality of serum albumin, or postoperative complication rates. Unfortunately, many trials suffer from lacking or inadequate controls or small sample size. In a fine example of scientific perseverance, Dutch researchers uncovered the long-known phenomenon of ingested blood being highly comagenic in patients with cirrhosis to be due to the low biologic value of blood protein. The absence of isoleucine and the abundance of leucine in the hemoglobin molecule by way of BCAA antagonism leads to impaired protein synthesis and azotemia paving the way for hepatic encephalopathy."
    You know in what you presented it seems BCAA's are beneficial but here's 2 problems
    1. Who funded the study? Likely supplement companies because lets be honest, who really want's to know the effect BCAA's have on the body. So if a Supplement company funded it then disregard all the findings because that is clear bias.
    2. Who was tested and were all variables scientifically sound? Did they give extra of many things to those who received BCAA's? Etc, etc.
    Scientific studies on supplements should also be read with caution because supplement companies fund a majority of the research which creates favorable results for the companies. You have to read the whole study and see for yourself.
    Chasing the pump

Barbell Squat- 470 1rm
    Barbell Bench- 325 1rm
    Weighted pullups- 100lbs 4-reps

178lbs, 12% body fat

chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    BCAA's aren't very useful. Just eat food, take protein if you desire, and take creatine.
    Chasing the pump

Barbell Squat- 470 1rm
    Barbell Bench- 325 1rm

178lbs, 12% body fat

terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terryo79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chadwr85 View Post
    You know in what you presented it seems BCAA's are beneficial but here's 2 problems
    1. Who funded the study? Likely supplement companies because lets be honest, who really want's to know the effect BCAA's have on the body. So if a Supplement company funded it then disregard all the findings because that is clear bias.
    2. Who was tested and were all variables scientifically sound? Did they give extra of many things to those who received BCAA's? Etc, etc.
    Scientific studies on supplements should also be read with caution because supplement companies fund a majority of the research which creates favorable results for the companies. You have to read the whole study and see for yourself.
    About to hit the lights for the night. Tomorrow I will dredge up the rest of the articles info I found. I had enzymes in the 1000's from undiagnosed hep c and heavy drinking so I've been doing lots of research on supplements and liver effects, so far it seems that BCAA's are a plus for a hepatic liver from all I've found. Glutamine from what I can find is a no-no for a hepatic liver. And creatine doesn't seem to really have any impact on the liver at least not in my case.

Broser Built/AAEFX Fueled hercules455's Avatar
    hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BCAAs are good for recovery and assisting with protein synthesis. I always use them during a cut.
    All American EFX Rep
    Drug Free Natural Freak for Life
    Broser Built by PRRS and FDFS training systems
    www.prrsdvd.com
    www.x-reps.com
    www.aaefx.com

For a FREE sample of Karbolyn
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/karbolyn.html
    For a FREE sample of K-OTIC
    http://www.aaefx.com/secret/k-otic.html?....campaign=k-otic

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/aap.htm

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there are a TOOOOOOON of studies on BCAA's, do some research and decide on your own if you think you need them
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Yeah I'm not saying BCAA's aren't beneficial, I'm just saying beware of the things I mentioned in a study.
    Chasing the pump

Barbell Squat- 470 1rm
    Barbell Bench- 325 1rm

178lbs, 12% body fat

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can always look into something like CREmTOR, which will have creatine and BCAA with HICA added to the mix
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"