IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hows this upper/lower routine?

Hi, title says it all.

Day 1: A
    Day 2: B
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: C
    Day 5: D

Workout A:

Squats: 4 sets of 5 reps
    Lunges: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Leg Press/Leg Extension: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 reps

Workout B:

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Military Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Reverse Flyes: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Side Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Bench Dips: 2 sets of 15 reps

Workout C:

Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 reps
    Dumbbell Step-Ups: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets of 15 reps

Workout D:

Close grip Pushups: 2 sets of 15 reps or until fatigue
    Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Rows: 2 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps

what do u think?
    Last edited by IvanKoay; 07-29-2013 at 02:12 AM.

JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeffreeSeeThoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not bad i think gonna follow

IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IvanKoay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

bump

GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Replace the leg press in C for more squats, or do both and take out the dumbbell step ups, and I recommend weighting your push ups. And, maybe add pull ups to B.

Originally Posted by GgGTrex View Post
    Replace the leg press in C for more squats, or do both and take out the dumbbell step ups, and I recommend weighting your push ups. And, maybe add pull ups to B.
    i'll add squats to C since it has only 4 exercises. And A squat will go for a average one and C will go for a heavy ones. I'm worrying about my DOMs. last friday did legs until tday, still have doms.

GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GgGTrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IvanKoay View Post
    i'll add squats to C since it has only 4 exercises. And A squat will go for a average one and C will go for a heavy ones. I'm worrying about my DOMs. last friday did legs until tday, still have doms.
    Thats fairly common for beginners, and since you're still asking for help on a routine, i take it you're fairly new to lifting. I've actually had squats cure the doms in my legs before. the third time i hit the gym, my legs were wrecked, i thought about not even trying to squat, but I decided to man up and squat. I finish my sets, and all of a sudden i realize that I'm no longer in pain. never felt doms after that.

but yeah, that sounds fine, but like I said i'd add pull ups to the day that doesn't have lat pull down. pulls or chins. great for bicep and lats.

datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hmm

Originally Posted by datshiz View Post
    Hmm
    +1?

datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) datshiz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Sounds fine to me. Pyramid push up is a good choice of building tricep. Don't see shrugs but that's fine since there's deadlifts. Good luck OP. seems fine,

Originally Posted by datshiz View Post
    Sounds fine to me. Pyramid push up is a good choice of building tricep. Don't see shrugs but that's fine since there's deadlifts. Good luck OP. seems fine,
    Okie dokie.

Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't need to have 4 totally different days.
    Number 1 goal: consistency.

Originally Posted by Joshyb90 View Post
    You don't need to have 4 totally different days.
    But all in 1 is like, too high volume IMO.

Haven't tried a upper/lower routine but yeh, explain why. I'm also looking forward to u/l.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IvanKoay View Post
    Hi, title says it all.

Day 1: A
    Day 2: B
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: C
    Day 5: D

Workout A:

Squats: 4 sets of 5 reps
    Lunges: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Leg Press/Leg Extension: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 reps

You're most likely a novice. 2 quad exercises should be enough at this stage. And if you discover you need more volume, then at least you've learned something about your body. Also, do a few sets of leg curls.

Workout B:

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 5 reps
    Military Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Reverse Flyes: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Side Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 10 reps
    Bench Dips: 2 sets of 15 reps

Turn one of those flat presses into an incline press. Perhaps opt out of bench dips for a tricep isolation exercise, considering you're pressing quite a lot already. Dumbbell OHP is better on the side delts.

Add a vertical pull.

Workout C:

Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 reps
    Dumbbell Step-Ups: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets of 15 reps
    Just make sure the Step Ups have a decent Range Of Motion. Add some leg curls at the end. Possibly core work too. Nothing fancy. Just some weighted leg raises & some weighted hypers.

Workout D:

Close grip Pushups: 2 sets of 15 reps or until fatigue
    Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Rows: 2 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Turn one of the incline movements into a flat/decline movement. Do shoulder isolation on this day too. Consider that you should be doing similar volume for triceps and biceps.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    You're most likely a novice. 2 quad exercises should be enough at this stage. And if you discover you need more volume, then at least you've learned something about your body. Also, do a few sets of leg curls.

Turn one of those flat presses into an incline press. Perhaps opt out of bench dips for a tricep isolation exercise, considering you're pressing quite a lot already. Dumbbell OHP is better on the side delts.

Add a vertical pull.

Just make sure the Step Ups have a decent Range Of Motion. Add some leg curls at the end. Possibly core work too. Nothing fancy. Just some weighted leg raises & some weighted hypers.

Turn one of the incline movements into a flat/decline movement. Do shoulder isolation on this day too. Consider that you should be doing similar volume for triceps and biceps.
    My gym doesn't have leg curl machine. It's hard to do with DB. On workout d can I add incline shoulder barbell press seated

Bump