Registered User BikiniCladKilla's Avatar
    BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you other moms squeeze in workouts during summer vacation?

I am just starting trying to get back in shape and I feel like its impossible in the summer to get to the gym. I have been trying to get creative with workings and fitting them into my day. My gym closes at 8pm so by the time the kids are tucked in I have less then an hr to get to the gym and workout. it sucks. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does your gym have babysitting hours? That's how most do it.

I leave my 9.5 year old in the house alone for the hour - hour and a half, it takes....when he isn't in wilderness day camp. He is very responsible and thoughtful. We just started doing that a month ago and it's been working well. My two year old goes to a part-time mother's day out program MWF mornings, so that is my only gym time. I wish my gym had babysitting hours, but no such luck.

BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniCladKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    Does your gym have babysitting hours? That's how most do it.

I leave my 9.5 year old in the house alone for the hour - hour and a half, it takes....when he isn't in wilderness day camp. He is very responsible and thoughtful. We just started doing that a month ago and it's been working well. My two year old goes to a part-time mother's day out program MWF mornings, so that is my only gym time. I wish my gym had babysitting hours, but no such luck.
    They don't. My old gym offered it which is why I joined, however I took my daughter once and she begged me to never make her go back. I felt pretty awful so I never did. My daughters 5 and she takes a lot of classes during the week so trying to find time to go is seeming impossible. I was wondering if anyone had things they do at the playground or whatever to at least sneak in a semi workout. Like when my daughter has swim class twice a week we go an hr or 2 early and I do laps of the pond towing her on her boogie board. Not ideal but anything I guess to get it in.

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do you have a mother,father, in-law, aunt, uncle they can stay wife?

or just have him play at a friends house for a few hours.

BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000) BritLin is just really nice. (+1000)
    What about swapping with another mom? You watch her kid(s) for 1-2 hours so she can workout or run errands & then she watches yours while you go to the gym??

NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can you get a workout in before they get up in the AM?

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I work out at home, either before they get up or (more likely) when I can distract them with a movie. It's not as good as getting into the gym but I'd rather relax at night (my brain needs a wind down, the youngest is only 8 months). I don't do night gym anymore!

kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    I work out at home, either before they get up or (more likely) when I can distract them with a movie. It's not as good as getting into the gym but I'd rather relax at night (my brain needs a wind down, the youngest is only 8 months). I don't do night gym anymore!
    Yup. When my kids were small, I worked out at home. It wasn't perfect but I made it work. My old house was so small, I had to have a fold up bench and used DB. I did have a treadmill, too. You had to step on it to get into my bed! LOL. Those were the days.

What about your neighbors? Any other moms you can start a gym swap? I'm sure there is someone out there that would love an hour at the gym while their kids are playing with yours? Ask the person who runs the gym....maybe they can give you some names?

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Having a home set up is the best thing. I've had lots of 15 minute/ truncated sessions when kids were young and not on a sleep schedule yet, but it truly is the consistency that matters the most. Now I train at night after bed or morning before the get up, it never interferes with family life and I can usually complete my sessions without interruption. I did have 3 other moms for a period who would come over 3x week, 2 would stay upstairs and do crafts with the kids while the other 2 trained for 40 minutes, then switch. It was total chaos haha but fun for all.
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yep, about to say the same thing: workout at home.
    Hey, you guise.

pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I workout from home as well and use dumbbells... I set my alarm an hour early and try to get my workout in before the rest of the house wakes. If my daughter wakes she gets to workout "with" me: I put on Nickelodeon dance or something like that on the Wii for her. She is 5 years old. Haven't found a way yet to distract my 20 month old son enough to finish my workout without him "helping".

I was going in the am but she started getting up at 6 so its just impossible now, no way the hubby is getting up that early b4 work. I had a nice home gym setup but we are trying to sell and it "shows" better as a home office blah. I might try to do a swap with another mom, I don't have a whole lot of friends with kids though which makes it tough. Thanks for the suggestions though ladies.

solosservant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Benign neglect....:P

Actually, this was one of the many reasons I waited years before working on myself. I had kids, I homeschooled, I couldn't afford a gym membership/dumbbells, people needed me to do other things with my time that were "more important"

I basically put myself last, and I am regretting it, so make sure that you don't let everything else keep you from your goals.

If you can't work out at home, find a gym that stays open late, even my town has 24 hour fitness centers, and I am in the middle of nowhere.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think I would just get up at 5-530 and get in a hardcore kettlebell workout before 6. When my youngest was 3 weeks and I barely had any time to myself without the toddler, that's what I did. I would rather do that then worry about meeting up with other moms, I've tried that and found them to be late, take too long, just take up too much chunk of my day. The kettlebell can just be kept in a closet during showings.

Progress not perfection PunkyCindy's Avatar
    PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I go at 3:30 in the morning when kiddo and hubby are asleep and I'm back before I have to get hubby up for work.
    Hi, I'm Crystal :)
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253
    11/18/2022 - Starting to fight again. - 275 lbs (highest was 279 lbs)

Originally Posted by PunkyCindy View Post
    I go at 3:30 in the morning when kiddo and hubby are asleep and I'm back before I have to get hubby up for work.
    Maybe I will give the Kettle-bell a sot...

I would love to go late at night, I am such a night owl. Most gyms where I live close at 8 and open at 5 or 6. I tried a 24hr gym but it was really weird. Every member had a key card to get in and staff was never there after 8pm or so. I went a few times and got creeped out by some random guy who was always there in the middle of the night. It just felt unsafe :-(

Progress not perfection PunkyCindy's Avatar
    PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PunkyCindy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BikiniCladKilla View Post
    Maybe I will give the Kettle-bell a sot...

I would love to go late at night, I am such a night owl. Most gyms where I live close at 8 and open at 5 or 6. I tried a 24hr gym but it was really weird. Every member had a key card to get in and staff was never there after 8pm or so. I went a few times and got creeped out by some random guy who was always there in the middle of the night. It just felt unsafe :-(
    The one I go to is staffed when they're open and it's 24 hours monday-friday. Weekends they close at 10 I think. I'd be creeped out too in that situation. I have gone to one of those before but they had a surveillance company that monitored it after hours. (I was still chicken going to and from the car though) lol
    Hi, I'm Crystal :)
    Fat Loss Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180898713&p=1652556253#post1652556253
    11/18/2022 - Starting to fight again. - 275 lbs (highest was 279 lbs)

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PunkyCindy View Post
    I workout at 5 am, so my alarm clock goes off at 4:30 am. I will hereafter think of you working out at the ungodly hour of 3:30 am, and kick my own butt out of bed! Woman, you're good!
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BikiniCladKilla View Post
    I was going in the am but she started getting up at 6 so its just impossible now, no way the hubby is getting up that early b4 work. I had a nice home gym setup but we are trying to sell and it "shows" better as a home office blah. I might try to do a swap with another mom, I don't have a whole lot of friends with kids though which makes it tough. Thanks for the suggestions though ladies.
    If there is a hubby in the picture, why can't he watch the kids when you hit the gym? You can get a solid workout done in 45-60 min. Both myself and my husband train and when the kids were young, we took turns going to the gym.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    im not a mom. but this is still relevant to my interests.

also. how hard is it to break 4chan?
    I'm not saying its aliens but......it's aliens

toon z