pirulete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pullovers for back or chest day?

title.
    it works chest, lats, serratus and some more i dont remember
    where do you include it?

Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Burtonization is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Back day since it works more of the things that back day does. Like serratus gets stimulated more during back day. You could do it on either day though, I feel it is more effective on back day though.

Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Danthesaxman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vote #2 for back day. I feel it most in lats.

That said, it'd probably be best if you had a Chest/Back day split... :-)
    Whatever you choose to do, do it decisively and with conviction.
    -------------------
    Squat: 405x1
    DL: 515x1
    Bench: 355x1

BW: 220

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    incline pullovers for chest, decline for lats, just my opinion

Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pirulete View Post
    title.
    where do you include it?
    Well it also hits your triceps. Try it out. Which ever one is more sore is the day you should put it on. If your lats are more sore than your chest, back day. I feel it really hard in my chest and triceps more then anything.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mbinda View Post
    incline pullovers for chest, decline for lats, just my opinion
    I agree^^

I love pull overs to warm the chest up.

I find I can really squeeze my chest with it.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pirulete View Post
    title.
    where do you include it?

Pull overs use mostly your back, i would throw them in at the end of your back workout.

MKattenberg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you're doing a 3 day split then Back days, If you're doing a FB Routine then it does not matter,

I do Chin ups every oher 5 days, 5x5 (or anthing that i can pull up against).

If you have a Push/Pull/Leg routine, then put them on the Pull day. Biceps+Back.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well depending on which version you do, thats what muscle group will be worked. i do an actually pullover machine and that works my back. now if i lay across a bench holding a db behind me, stretch it out to where it's lined up to my head then bring it back up but STOP at chest level then i'm hitting chest. so you can actually do them both two different days.

EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50) EgyptosAmon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO : def lats

but you should look out for your shoulders

The most common cause of hesitancy before incorporating pullovers into one's routine is a fear of shoulder injuries. There's something justifiably nerve-wracking about lying down while holding a heavy weight at the end of fully extended arms and then moving that weight precariously over your face.

Fortunately, there are a few simple steps we can take to make sure you get the most benefit while still abiding by the Personal Trainer's Golden Rule of "Do no harm."

First things first: Mobility check. Can you overhead press with a full range of motion (knuckles touching, your shoulders to arms locked straight overhead)? Can you do pull-ups or chin-ups with a full range of motion (dead-hang, arms locked straight to full contraction)?

If either of those are a "no," we need to work on your shoulder and upper back mobility, particularly the upper body drills in this great piece from Tony Gentilcore.

Once your body can function the way it's supposed to, it's time to take the exercise itself for a spin. Lie on a flat bench (the "usual" way, not with only the upper back across the bench and your body perpendicular. There's no major benefit, and the "hip drop" everyone uses as they lower the weight is more of a counterbalance than actual improvement in the ROM).

Grab a light dumbbell, as if you were going to do a triceps extension, palms against the plates and the handle positioned between your thumbs and index fingers.

This should be as easy as squatting with an empty bar because we're basically learning the movement and testing range of motion, so around 25 pounds should be plenty. Start with the weight even with your chest and both arms straight, and slowly lower the weight towards your head, paying attention to the muscles you feel stretching throughout the upper body.

Go as far back as is comfortable, while maintaining almost-locked arms, before pulling back in to the start position. As you're going through the reps (12-15 for now), try lowering a bit further until, ideally, your hands are at least level with the bench, if not slightly below.

Once you've done an easy set or two with the dumbbell, take a self-inventory and see how your shoulders, chest, and lats are feeling – what's tight, what's loose, what's getting pumped – and then repeat the test with a short barbell or EZ-curl bar using a pronated (palms-down) grip, again with a weight that has you thinking, "This is way too light for me."

If you're still feeling any shoulder funkiness after trying pullovers with light-ish weight, higher reps, and different hand positions (a little wider, a little closer, neutral-grip with a "triceps bar"), then, to paraphrase something Old Ben once said on a dusty road on Tatooine, "These are not the exercises you're looking for."

Sometimes exercises can be contraindicated for some people. That's fancy trainer-speak for, "You just shouldn't do this, and if you do, you'll probably hurt something and blame me."