jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

3 Day Split? Mind=****ed.

Have done:

-Chest/Bis/Abs
    -Shoulders/Tris
    -Back/Legs/Abs
    -Rest

Then I learned I shouldn't be doing chest-tris, shoulders-chest, back-bis in consecutive days. My delts are lacking so I think this information is true, I hit delts on chest day, so I can not go balls out in delts day & I won't give them enough time to rest. Aware me if that info is wrong lol.

I'm considering to do:

-Shoulders/Bis/Abs
    -Legs
    -Chest/Back/Tris
    -Rest

Third day is a pain in the ass. Any suggestions?

dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    put a day of rest in between them that should work

Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jayjaycampbell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Looks similar to mine kind of.

I do a 4 day:

Chest/bi/abs
    Quads/Traps
    rest
    Back/tri/abs
    Hamstrings/shoulders

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jnbrk View Post
    Have done:

-Chest/Bis/Abs
    -Shoulders/Tris
    -Back/Legs/Abs
    -Rest

Then I learned I shouldn't be doing chest-tris, shoulders-chest, back-bis in consecutive days. My delts are lacking so I think this information is true, I hit delts on chest day, so I can not go balls out in delts day & I won't give them enough time to rest. Aware me if that info is wrong lol.

I'm considering to do:

-Shoulders/Bis/Abs
    -Legs
    -Chest/Back/Tris
    -Rest

Third day is a pain in the ass. Any suggestions?
    How about

Chest/Tris/Shoulders
    Back/Bis
    Legs/Abs
    Rest

Repeat. It's a common PPL (push, pull, legs) split that tons of people do. Some (myself included) like to put the rest day between back/bis and leg day to rest up for heavy squats.
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dhimaan997 View Post
    put a day of rest in between them that should work
    I don't want to workout that rare.

Originally Posted by Jayjaycampbell View Post
    Looks similar to mine kind of.

I do a 4 day:

Chest/bi/abs
    Quads/Traps
    Back/tri/abs
    Hamstrings/shoulders
    Looks good. Will consider. 3 day split would be better tho.

Originally Posted by HY314 View Post
    How about

Chest/Tris/Shoulders
    Back/Bis
    Legs/Abs
    Rest

Repeat. It's a common PPL (push, pull, legs) split that tons of people do. Some (myself included) like to put the rest day between back/bis and leg day to rest up for heavy squats.
    Delts are big muscle groups, so doing chest and delts in the same day would phuck me up? My delts are lagging, would like to see them get huge... Looks nice tho.

SolidKeith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been pretty happy with doing

Mon-Chest/Back
    Wed-Shoulder/Legs
    Fri-Triceps/Biceps

using all free weights you work other muscles without even knowing it. I also do a push-up challenge workout mon/wed/fri and a short ab workout tue/thur

Originally Posted by SolidKeith View Post
    I've been pretty happy with doing

Mon-Chest/Back
    Wed-Shoulder/Legs
    Fri-Triceps/Biceps

using all free weights you work other muscles without even knowing it. I also do a push-up challenge workout mon/wed/fri and a short ab workout tue/thur
    Shouldn't be training chest and shoulders in consecutive days.

I'm thinking:

-Delts/Tris/Abs
    -Back/Bis
    -Chest/Legs/Abs
    -Rest

weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shouldn't be training chest and shoulders in consecutive days.

I'm thinking:

-Delts/Tris/Abs
    -Back/Bis
    -Chest/Legs/Abs
    -Rest
    Looks good
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBZCr0EuhY

Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juniorhv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont see how people manage to train other body parts on a full blown leg day.
    Current / Goal
    Squat: 160x5 / 190kgx1
    Bench: 100x8 / 120kgx1
    Dead: 190x5 / 220kgx1

Originally Posted by Juniorhv View Post
    I dont see how people manage to train other body parts on a full blown leg day.
    It's not that hard. What's your workout routine like?

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are alot of options. Here are few:
    Chest/bi
    Legs
    Rest
    Shoulders/tris
    Back
    Rest
    Rest
    Repeat
    Or
    Shoulders/Arms
    Legs
    Rest
    Chest
    Back
    Rest
    Rest

NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NickThePLer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Delts are big muscle groups, so doing chest and delts in the same day would phuck me up? My delts are lagging, would like to see them get huge... Looks nice tho.
    You were doing a routine where legs and back were trained in the same day. Those are the two largest muscles in the body yet you're concerned with training chest and delts in the same day? Delts are a relatively small muscle. No need to neglect back and legs for something as small as shoulders.

Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As I have limited time for workouts so I do a 3 day split like this:

Week 1

Monday-Shoulder/Chest
    Wed - Legs/back
    Friday - Chest/Tris/Abs

Week 2

Monday - Legs/Back/Abs
    Wed - Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Fri - Legs/Back

repeat Week 1 and Week 2

What you guys think of this?

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fade2Blue View Post

Week 1

Monday-Shoulder/Chest
    Wed - Legs/back
    Friday - Chest/Tris/Abs

Week 2

Monday - Legs/Back/Abs
    Fri - Legs/Back

repeat Week 1 and Week 2

If you're only working out three days a week do a full body routine each day. Focus on compounds, eat, rest, grow

OP, if you're looking for 3 on, 1 off I'd highly recommend Push/Pull/Legs. I know you are weary of working chest and shoulders in the same day, but it isn't going to hurt--I promise. What are you currently doing for shoulders?
    Another excellent suggestion is an Upper/Lower split
    I know shoulders are a weak point but they'll still grow with either of these suggestions. Focus on increasing your bench, squat, deadlift, and OHP (most importantly OHP and bench, but don't forsake or detriment the other two) and eat enough calories and you'll force your entire body to grow (including your shoulders)
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fade2Blue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ODoyle99 View Post
    If you're only working out three days a week do a full body routine each day. Focus on compounds, eat, rest, grow

OP, if you're looking for 3 on, 1 off I'd highly recommend Push/Pull/Legs. I know you are weary of working chest and shoulders in the same day, but it isn't going to hurt--I promise. What are you currently doing for shoulders?
    I know shoulders are a weak point but they'll still grow with either of these suggestions. Focus on increasing your bench, squat, deadlift, and OHP (most importantly OHP and bench, but don't forsake or detriment the other two) and eat enough calories and you'll force your entire body to grow (including your shoulders)
    Thanks for the tip will do just that so I'll see if I can add some extra time to allow for the added volume

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1. delts are not a big muscle group...you chest, back and legs are.
    2. If they are lagging then up the frequency on them.
    3. They'll only get as huge as you get. at 168 lbs you're not going to be having cannonballs.

Chest/shoulder/tri
    back/bi
    Legs/shoulders
    rest

On chest day keep the delt work lighter with higher reps as they will be in a slightly fatigued state from chest exercises. On leg day hit them hard and heavy and they will be fresh from 2 days of rest and not be used on leg day.
    OG

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    3. They'll only get as huge as you get. at 168 lbs you're not going to be having cannonballs.

Chest/shoulder/tri
    back/bi
    Legs/shoulders
    rest

On chest day keep the delt work lighter with higher reps as they will be in a slightly fatigued state from chest exercises. On leg day hit them hard and heavy and they will be fresh from 2 days of rest and not be used on leg day.
    aaaaaand /thread
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

Originally Posted by Fade2Blue View Post

Week 1

Monday-Shoulder/Chest
    Wed - Legs/back
    Friday - Chest/Tris/Abs

Week 2

Monday - Legs/Back/Abs
    Fri - Legs/Back

repeat Week 1 and Week 2

Where's biceps :S

Originally Posted by ODoyle99 View Post
    My shoulder routine is like:

-Dumbbell Shoulder Press (4x10, 50's)
    -Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    -Dumbbell Seated Front Raise
    -Dumbbell Seated Rear Raise

Chest/shoulder/tri
    back/bi
    Legs/shoulders
    rest

Some people told me training my lagging body parts more than the others won't bring them up.

Where's biceps :S

My shoulder routine is like:

-Dumbbell Shoulder Press (4x10, 50's)
    -Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    -Dumbbell Seated Front Raise
    -Dumbbell Seated Rear Raise

Some people told me training my lagging body parts more than the others won't bring them up.
    Oops left that out and I do hammer and db curls as part of arms training

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Well that's the dumbest thing ever. The more often you hit something you more it is able to grow as long as you have enough rest between days.

Why do you think people get bigger legs from squatting 3x a week?
    OG

Well that's the dumbest thing ever. The more often you hit something you more it is able to grow as long as you have enough rest between days.

Why do you think people get bigger legs from squatting 3x a week?
    Dat dude told me dat:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post997986683

So you're saying that if I train them 3-4 times a week as long as I let them rest for 48 hours, they will grow more than hitting them 2 times a week? Can I trust you :P

Dat dude told me dat:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post997986683

So you're saying that if I train them 3-4 times a week as long as I let them rest for 48 hours, they will grow more than hitting them 2 times a week? Can I trust you :P
    No, I said train them 2 times as week, just like he did, and I gave you a weekly layout how to do it. If you want to train them more, then you need to reduce the volume and intensity at least one of those days. However with doing them 2 times a week you can have a heavy day where you focus on strength and a volume day where you focus on size.

2x a week set up

day 1 chest/tri/shoulder(volume)
    day2 back/bi
    day 3 legs/shoulders(strength)
    off

3x a week set up

off
    day 2 back/bi/shoulder(recovery, light weight)
    off

Now, which ever one you pick is up to you. But you need at least one day off with the 3x a week set up.

day 1 chest
    OG

Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valeurvaleur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a common problem. Best solution is;

Chest + Arms (triceps and Bi's - use supersets)
    Legs + Abs
    Back + Shoulders

Rest

Repeat

rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000)
    A:
    Mon - Chest and back
    Wed - Shldrs and arms (tris & bis)
    Fri - Back and Legs

Then the next week do
    B:
    Mon - Chest, shldrs & triceps
    Wed - Biceps & back
    Fri - Legs & back

repeat ABA

No, I said train them 2 times as week, just like he did, and I gave you a weekly layout how to do it. If you want to train them more, then you need to reduce the volume and intensity at least one of those days. However with doing them 2 times a week you can have a heavy day where you focus on strength and a volume day where you focus on size.

2x a week set up

day2 back/bi
    off

3x a week set up

off
    day 2 back/bi/shoulder(recovery, light weight)
    off

Now, which ever one you pick is up to you. But you need at least one day off with the 3x a week set up.

day 1 chest
    I do 3 day split 2 times a week. I think your program relies on doing it a single time a week. So if I apply your first program, I'll work delts 4 times a week, lol. I don't want to workout that often, I mean I'm not a fan of 3 days a week, 6 days a week is far better for me.

Plus, if you didn't say hitting more than 2 times a week will grow them more, why did you say doing squats 3 times a week gives people huge legs?

legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do 3 day split 2 times a week. I think your program relies on doing it a single time a week. So if I apply your first program, I'll work delts 4 times a week, lol. I don't want to workout that often, I mean I'm not a fan of 3 days a week, 6 days a week is far better for me.

Plus, if you didn't say hitting more than 2 times a week will grow them more, why did you say doing squats 3 times a week gives people huge legs?
    People who train another muscle group within their leg routine either a) aren't doing enough volume within the leg routine or b) are at the gym way too ****ing long.
    I'm a rugby player who enjoys picking things up and putting them back down. hua

legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10) legdaybestday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was a fan of

legs
    chest/back
    shoulders/arms

Just choose when you want to throw in core. You can do a good arm workout in 30 minutes and shoulders in another 30.
    I'm a rugby player who enjoys picking things up and putting them back down. hua

Then dial back the should work or space it out further in the week...it's not that complicated.

chest/shoulder/tri(shoulder volume)
    back/bi
    legs/abs/shoulders(light)
    off
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    legs/shoulder/abs(heavy shoulders)
    off

I said it because squatting 3x a week gives people bigger legs, this is proven. I never gave you, at first, a specific number of days. Just to up the frequency.
    OG

DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started running the upper/lower workout.

Works pretty well, and goes like this:

Day 1: Chest - Back - Shoulders - Bis - Tris (For strength so 3-4 sets of each at low reps and heavy weight)
    Day 2: Legs - Calfs - Abbs
    Day 3: rest
    Day 4: Chest - Back - Shoulders - Bis - Tris ( for hypertrophy @ 3-4 sets and around 8-12 reps )
    Day 5: Legs - Calfs - Abbs
    Day 6 & 7: rest

On rest days I may throw in some type of cardio workout for about 30 minutes to an hour.

I always ran 4-5 day splits and just went real hard on each muscle. However I am really enjoying being able to hit each muscle group twice a week.