tamadan93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cut or Bulk first? seeking diet and overall advice

Hey everyone,

Been trying to get some gains just like everyone else..been lifting for about 3 months. I have a basic knowledge of nutrition/macros/dieting. Just wanted to see what you guys recommend. I don't want to waste time trying out different things. I am new to bodybuilding..and want some advice on what my diet should look like and if I should be in a caloric surplus before I cut or go in a deficit to lose fat. I have a pic of what I look like right now. Shame on me for looking like this at this age. I weigh 168. 19 years old.

Link to pic: http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/ta...ibrary/me%2019

phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BULK. You need to add massive amounts of lean body mass before cutting so you have something to cut TO. I'm an inch shorter than you and i CUT to 185 pounds from 200. You need to LIFT and EAT. Go for a nice bulk.
    ---
    This Machine Kills Fascists.
    ---
    BULKING LOG : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137967093&pagenumber=
    ---
    BTK - Bleed Time Krew
    ---
    "He runs, an activity that we defeated eons ago when humans discovered we are slower than every other animal on earth and can ride horses" - joelash302

patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) patrickyounes is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bulk. Cut now and you'll end up skinny and with no power. Make a proper bulk and when you gain decent mass and size you can start thinking of cutting.
    Start with a calorific surplus of 200 then jump to 500 after your first week. I would stay at 500 since its your first bulk. Be sure to add complex carbs. Don't consume too many sugars or fats. Just get your macros in check.(stickies)

Anw good luck OP

I'm sure its not the first or last time you have heard this, but gaining weight automatically just sends thoughts of being a fat ****. If I stay primarily with lean wholesome foods like chicken, etc., will it be very noticeable? And how much of a surplus did you eat with or did you not really keep track?

Thanks

phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doesn't change anything. We all feel gross sometimes when bulking, but you need to get stronger and thicker before cutting. If you prefer, create a very small surplus so you're gaining about a pound to .5 a week. You're going to get a teeny bit of belly fat, but with the additional muscle mass, you'll still look lean and mean. You can't be cutting at 170 pounds, dude. What are you going to do, be a 5'11" 160 pounder? Talk about looking foolish.
    ---
    This Machine Kills Fascists.
    ---
    BULKING LOG : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137967093&pagenumber=
    ---
    BTK - Bleed Time Krew
    ---
    "He runs, an activity that we defeated eons ago when humans discovered we are slower than every other animal on earth and can ride horses" - joelash302

You're right. It would be easier to bulk if I was skinny but as you saw I have belly and chest fat haha. It all does make sense though.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tamadan93 View Post
    I'm sure its not the first or last time you have heard this, but gaining weight automatically just sends thoughts of being a fat ****. If I stay primarily with lean wholesome foods like chicken, etc., will it be very noticeable? And how much of a surplus did you eat with or did you not really keep track?

Thanks
    Two things:
    - whether you eat chicken or Big Macs doesn't directly affect the amount of fat you gain. The size of your caloric surplus (among other things) does.

- if you find it extremely important to not get any fatter you should not bulk. However, if you want to get stronger and grow muscles you should bulk. In that case you would have to live with gaining a little fat.