micklad1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding supplement!!

Hey guys just joined the forums and would like some advice. Ive been the gym a couple of times now but i wanna get serious about putting on weight, muscle and getting more fit, quite a slim guy you see. I was wondering if anyone can recommend or tell me if a pre workout supplement is better than a post workout supplement or are they both the same? Does it matter? What's the difference? Can anyone recommend any particular type or brand of supplement, i'm a bit concerned as I've heard they can damage your kidneys and liver is that true? I'm from the U.K. and a leading brand which they sell over heard is 'maximuscle progein' can anyone recommend it? If anyone can give me any advice or answers to this post i'd be very grateful. Thanks guys

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You've been to the gym a few times and so you think it's time to dump a bunch of money in to supplements. Not a good idea.

First, you need to get your diet in check. If you're serious about putting on muscle and changing your body, it starts and ends with diet. Not training, not supplements, not jerking off.... DIET. I would recommend going to the nutrition forum, reading the threads at the top of the page which will tell you how to calculate your caloric needs, and how to plan a diet that will put you in to a caloric surplus which will allow your body to gain weight/muscle. You don't need to be super precise, you just need to find the value of your caloric surplus, meet minimum fat and protein requirements, then fill in the rest. Good luck.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It sounds to me that you are still in the very beginning stages of the health and fitness world. Which at this stage your focus needs to solely be on learning proper diet and macro intake for your bodies needs as well as figuring out your training style that works best for you as well. Once you get a solid diet established and some good solid training under your belt then I would recommend venturing into the world of supplements. Because no supplement is going to help you if you lack a good diet and training program. But to answer some of your questions, no pre-workouts and post workouts do not affect your organs and are safe on your body, being you are a healthy individual with no heart issues, blood pressure issues..etc..this being focused towards the pre-workouts being most of them do contain stimulants.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You've been to the gym a few times and so you think it's time to dump a bunch of money in to supplements. Not a good idea.

First, you need to get your diet in check. If you're serious about putting on muscle and changing your body, it starts and ends with diet. Not training, not supplements, not jerking off.... DIET. I would recommend going to the nutrition forum, reading the threads at the top of the page which will tell you how to calculate your caloric needs, and how to plan a diet that will put you in to a caloric surplus which will allow your body to gain weight/muscle. You don't need to be super precise, you just need to find the value of your caloric surplus, meet minimum fat and protein requirements, then fill in the rest. Good luck.
    This ^

Originally Posted by bodybuilder03 View Post
    It sounds to me that you are still in the very beginning stages of the health and fitness world. Which at this stage your focus needs to solely be on learning proper diet and macro intake for your bodies needs as well as figuring out your training style that works best for you as well. Once you get a solid diet established and some good solid training under your belt then I would recommend venturing into the world of supplements. Because no supplement is going to help you if you lack a good diet and training program. But to answer some of your questions, no pre-workouts and post workouts do not affect your organs and are safe on your body, being you are a healthy individual with no heart issues, blood pressure issues..etc..this being focused towards the pre-workouts being most of them do contain stimulants.
    and this ^
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com

MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by micklad1 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can recommend or tell me if a pre workout supplement is better than a post workout supplement or are they both the same? Does it matter? What's the difference?
    Welcome to the world of attempting to better your body and health . The advice from the posters above is very solid. When you're just getting started it's important to learn the basics of proper nutrition, and gaining strength in the gym. As mentioned above, if you want to put on weight and muscle you need to be at a caloric surplus - if you're having difficulty reaching a caloric surplus through your natural diet there are "gainer" and "meal replacement" type supplements you can buy that are packed with protein and tons of calories, to help you get over your hump. However, supplements in general should always take a back seat to what you can accomplish with your natural diet. They are to "supplement" whatever you're missing. They should never be the foundation of your diet.

Most people benefit from things like a solid multi-vitamin, a vitamin with a good omega profile, etc. because their diet is deficient in these areas. Then a lot of people turn to protein powders to make sure they're hitting their daily protein requirements. Other than that, very few people are in agreement as to what the best supplements are to add from there to your training program. Most will be in agreement that creatine is probably the next supplement you should have on your list.

Pre-workout? Post-workout? Well, pre-workouts generally contain nutrients that are designed to either give you a ton of energy, prolong your endurance at the gym, or provide some necessary pre-workout nutrition for people who are lacking or dieting. Post-workout supplements are designed to help you recover quicker/better from your workout, but for most people can almost always be replaced by simply eating a proper post-workout meal.

But again, step 1 is learning the basics. Make sure you're eating right. Find out where you're deficient. Supplement deficiencies that you are unable to correct through your diet.
    Just trying to be helpful. You want something? Go get it.

bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbenKC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post

First, you need to get your diet in check.
    The best advice right there....