angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down Working out while on period.

Is it possible? I have mine now but I'm dying to work out! And I don't use tampons because I am scared to (it just feels weird trying to put one in) I think I'm too tight lol omg sorry for TMI but I wanted to be specific so you'd understand. Are there other options or is a tampon the only safe one?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depends on how heavy your flow is. A pad works fine for me - I use an large, yet very thin one. I have actually popped tampons out during squat/deadlift, so I don't know if that's very unusual or not! I try not to let my period stop me, unless I'm feeling very yucky.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I workout while its the time of the month, I find it actually helps reduce cramps and makes me less grouchy. I don't see why working out with a pad would be an issue at all. At the start if you have a heavy flow maybe switch your routine up so it's upper body and while its lighter do leg day etc. That's what I generally try to do.

elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elitost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only thing that I don't like to do while wearing a pad is running long distances; the pads always chafe me and I get really sore. You don't need to be worried about working out during your time of the month, though. From my experience, my period is almost non-existent during my workout and I have a rather heavy flow. As long as you start with a fresh one, I doubt you'd need to worry about leaking. I bring extra just in case and have never had to use them.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always work out with my period, I use tampons though. I can't imagine wearing a pad to work out in, although wearing a pad any time skeeves me out.

angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) angelickitty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Thank you girls so much for your responses. I won't let it stop me anymore.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by angelickitty View Post
    Is it possible? I have mine now but I'm dying to work out! And I don't use tampons because I am scared to (it just feels weird trying to put one in) I think I'm too tight lol omg sorry for TMI but I wanted to be specific so you'd understand. Are there other options or is a tampon the only safe one?
    Tampons "slender fit"

/thread
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Tampons "slender fit"

/thread

Oh! I had no idea. Thanks! I'll try it!

FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitUserName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use pads- longer, ultra-thin. Works for me I work out when I'm on my period, unless I'm bleeding like its no one's business lol. Oh, some days I go easier on myself if it happens to be leg day...
    “To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.” - Gichin Funakoshi

LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I still train when I have my period. In fact, it often helps to reduce the cramps. The only thing is sometimes, as all us ladies know, it drains the life out of you and the weight feels 10 times heavier. On those days I do what I can.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LadyIgnite View Post
    I still train when I have my period. In fact, it often helps to reduce the cramps. The only thing is sometimes, as all us ladies know, it drains the life out of you and the weight feels 10 times heavier. On those days I do what I can.
    Totally agree!! My workouts suck during my period, but I do them anyway (even if they are half-@ssed). I have no energy during that week.

I do use tampons, but then again I haven't used a pad since I gave birth 10 years ago. I have noticed they do start to 'slip' if I do real intense stuff like squat jumps, sprinting, jumping jacks, etc..
    Karen

vianon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use the always infinity pads, super thin but absorb really well. I think they are the most comfortable option if you'd rather avoid tampons.

meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) meimonsta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like U by kotex tampons because they are thin and compact. Really discreet and fit into a small purse.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I vote tampons for the best invention in the history of mankind.

Brb can do errthang wearing them. I used to wear pads in my teens, but I stopped because I could always smell it, feel it on my skin, and had to plan my underwear for the day around them.

OP, like Kim mentioned...get the Slim Fits or Teen ones.

Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sas6709 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Umm...no. BUT I have pain that seriously feel like contractions, so I don't encourage them. Lol T least the first few days I don't work out.

When it comes to leaking, try a diva cup. Soft cups are a good disposable version, but they leak easier with activity.

ambushf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know it sucks but it's true, working out will make the cramps feel much better. Probably would stay away from squatting but running and doing some core/ upper would be perfect

Originally Posted by angelickitty View Post

sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sunetha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I take a break when I have mine, feels annoying

ChrisTeki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My experience was my motivation stayed the same, but my strength seemed almost 70% gone. I worked out anyway, just gave it 100% of whatever I have at that time. I did cardio at home just in case things happens when running in the gym, and weight lifted in the gym since it did not require that much movement on the lower body if you don't do legs. Hope it helps!

MayM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tried to work out during a period before and it didn't pay off. I ended up feeling my head spinning, with cold sweat on my forehead... So I drank up soda to relieve me. Bad experience for me and never did it again. I always wait for my period to be over before I hit the gym again.

coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We can work out, even though we have a period. But we have to lessen it. It is not advisable to lift heavy things while you have a period. And also if I have a period I don't think I will be able to do the same workouts that I've been doing if I don't have it.

EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You guys are tougher than me then. I don't even entertain the thought of working out for the first, and maybe even second, day on. Completely exhausted, cranky, and convinced that I'm going to die of blood loss.

LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sas6709 View Post
    Umm...no. BUT I have pain that seriously feel like contractions, so I don't encourage them. Lol T least the first few days I don't work out.

When it comes to leaking, try a diva cup. Soft cups are a good disposable version, but they leak easier with activity.
    I never tried a diva cup. Do they really work well?

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I must be lucky? I get one day of pain (the first day). I just crack on and train.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've never even considered letting a period stop me from training. I do find that I'm usually a bit more tired and weaker during my period or a few days prior to it.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I never let it stop my training but I have to be careful because it gives me an extremely sore lower back. I have to skip dead lifts and squats. Last time I did dead lifts anyway I crippled myself for 3 days and I couldn't even walk lol never making that mistake again!

tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinnsla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find that working out helps with my cramps. I just take a painkiller beforehand and then I'm good to go

Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amyrosie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always used tampons, but pads work too. I tried the diva cup but I hated it

catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) catm566 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love my moon cup, which I guess is the same as a diva cup. I usually work out when on my period, the only thing that stops me is if I have a really heavy flow and bad cramps.
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    I always work out with my period, I use tampons though. I can't imagine wearing a pad to work out in, although wearing a pad any time skeeves me out.
    Ditto. In fact, I don't use pads at all---EVER. I am a very "small" girl too (TMI moment: going to the gyn once a year requires me taking a *****!!). And as someone else said, going to the gym helps with cramps, irritability and also makes me lighter I think. When I am training hard, my cycle is only 3 days and pretty light the entire time. I definitely don't let that time of the month get in my way. I may notice I am a little more tired, etc.-but there are things you can do to combat that. I had it down to a science at one time so the only biological difference I was feeling with my body was..well...you know--just the fact of what was physically going on.

don't let it get in your way and I encourage you to try to use tampons. It took me some time to get use to it, but once you are you completely forget it is there. Honestly. It is much better than a bulky pad between your thighs.

myjade84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try both tampons and pads and find out which of them makes you more comfortable. Everyone is different.