Rawlingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Macros too low/high

Hi guys,

I've worked my macros out and as I want to bulk a little I've added a few hundred calories on top of the maintain amount so that I now have the following:

Protein = 240g
    Carbs = 285g
    Fat = 100g

Now I only use machine weights (please don't tell me to use free weights as this isn't possible) and I was wondering if I should lower the carbs due to the fact that the effort used for free weights is more and free weights are generally seen as being the best way to increase muscle size.

I do have a slight gut that I would like to be rid of, so didn't know if it was worth a cut first.

Also, its taking me a while to understand that clean vs dirty bulking doesn't exist, its just a case of hitting your macros but it still feels wrong eating korma sauces and reeces cups to hit my limits for the day.

Thanks in advance guys

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    you know, generally, we need to, or you need to in fact, know your stats.....
    Eat the damn yolk.

OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    you know, generally, we need to, or you need to in fact, know your stats.....
    I happen to be a mind reader.
    OP is 5'10" to 5'11, age early 20's and he weighs 160 to 170. He should definitely bulk.

OK, newbie mistake. Sorry for that

I'm 5'9" and weight 13 St 6 pounds and aged 26

I workout 6 times a week on an upper/lower split

My calories for maintain are around 2700.

I know I'm not going to get huge using machines but it was whether the use of machines would mean that I should be eating less.

And also just a little reassurance on the food to reach Carb macro

Cheers guys

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Rawlingo View Post

I know I'm not going to get huge using machines but it was whether the use of machines would mean that I should be eating less.

Cheers guys
    what difference does the machines make in terms of calorie consumption?
    Eat the damn yolk.

In theory none. But isn't it the general view that machines are inferior and less energy consumption due to most machines only working one muscle group.

I know that for muscle gains, you need to eat in a calories surplus, but I don't want my stomach to get much bigget

In theory none. But isn't it the general view that machines are inferior and less energy consumption due to most machines only working one muscle group.

I know that for muscle gains, you need to eat in a calories surplus, but I don't want my stomach to get much bigget
    lift heavier on the machines? Do more reps?

Also your protein would be fine at 200, carbs can be increased.
    Eat the damn yolk.

jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonny8852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why is it impossible for you to use free weights?

Gxp23 - so keep protein at 200, fat at 100 and maybe up carbs to 450? Puts me at 3500 calories.

I'm using a heavily modified version of allpros routine with an upper/lower split but using the 8-12 range with the increase if I hit 12 reps for my weight that week

Jonny - there aren't any gyms in my are with free weights

why are you in a 800 calorie surplus again?
    Eat the damn yolk.

800 surplus again??? I don't follow.

I am currently eating a 300 calorie surplus.

Cheers guys
    Gxp23 - so keep protein at 200, fat at 100 and maybe up carbs to 450? Puts me at 3500 calories.

I'm using a heavily modified version of allpros routine with an upper/lower split but using the 8-12 range with the increase if I hit 12 reps for my weight that week

Jonny - there aren't any gyms in my are with free weights
    explain the 300 surplus?

edit: Also why did you take the 40 off the protein and not just at the 40 grams to carbs instead you added 165 grams? carbs at 450?

Typo?
    Eat the damn yolk.

Apologies, I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting staying at 3000 Cal's and just taking the extra from protein and adding it onto the carbs.

So as follows:

Protein 200
    Carbs 325
    fat 100

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Apologies, I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting staying at 3000 Cal's and just taking the extra from protein and adding it onto the carbs.

So as follows:

Protein 200
    Carbs 325
    fat 100

Sorry for the misunderstanding
    thats the jist of it yes, 3000 cals, monitor weight and adjust as you see fit.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Thanks

This is much appreciated