cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

add 5-12 inches of vertical

After years of not playing, Im just now getting into basketball. Right now I can touch around ten inches above the rim and have a standing reach of 7' 10. Ive always been a natural jumper. So i figure I have about 3 feet of running vertical. I really want to be able to dunk in games at ease so Im hoping I can add anywhere from 5-12 inches on my current vertical. I have never trained legs and Im just now starting a plyometrics and strength training routine for my legs. Ive customized a routine from the vertical jump bible that I feel better suits me. I do plyometrics twice a week and leg strength once a week. Is a goal of 5-12 inches attainable in the near future? I have no idea what kind of results I should expect as a beginner.

cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cword3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

Niallbg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your standing reach is 94 inches and the hoop is 120 inches, if you getting 10 inches above that (130) then you rough vertical would be 36 inches.

If you can tough around 10 inches above the rim you should be able to dunk in game, have you dunked in any practice games?

I would say that 5-12 inches in not unattainable, I would assume not knowing you physical limitations that's another 5 inches should be possible if you haven't trained legs before and there's many videos on the internet of people with 40 inch verticals.

how many reps are you doing per exercise? as i'm using the a software based program and the rep are around 6-8 with 4-5 sets with the emphasis on explosiveness. i would say over the year along with playing allot of basketball I've seen results of 5 inches and my vert is now about 28 inches

I dont play on a team but I can dunk when Im just shooting around. But I feel as if I need another few inches to be able to dunk in games well. I have trouble dunking one handed so generally I just go for two handers which means I need to jump a bit higher. I started doing strength training for my legs that includes squats, deadlifts, calf raises, and leg press all at 4-8 reps with emphasis on moving the weight explosively. I do plyometrics 2 other days of the week as well as lift upper body 5 days a week. Im going to substitute a day of plyometrics for 100 m sprints every once in a while too. Assuming that my routine is good and that I stick to it, could I gain 5-6 inches of vertical in 12 weeks? Keep in mind that I have no prior training.

Niallbg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say you could do it. Only one way to find out anyway. I find that one footed dunks are easier as you can change the movement from horizontal to vertical much quicker where as two footed jump require allot more explosive strength.

dunking in game you also need to factor in much more that just you vertical, obviously being able to get to those heights is a must, but spacing of the other team and the position you play, footwork, is another man open with a better opportunity, like if you an outside shooter 10 out of 10 times is going to want you to be spotting up as that you role in the team. I play centre not dunked in game yet as posting up if far more important and due to my size and strength compared to the other centre i can abuse him down there.

mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Read up on
    ''accomodating resistance''
    ''Work capacity'', by louie simmons. THEORY IS ILLUSTRATED ON A PDF TOO. google ''extra workouts louie simmons''
    Explains how one can alter prelepins chart of optimal stimuli....
    SIMPLE

mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    FOR BONUS -read his book or articles even on this site on scheduling traing. Make a post also to get people to explain conjugate method. Make it contextual to what you need

keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone has different body types and structures. It would be hard for someone to tell you exactly for sure how much you can gain cause that is all depended upon how hard you train, your diet, your genetics, etc. Ive seen people get 10 inches in 6 months and people with about the same body only get about 3-6 inch gain. Not trying to sell ya to the book, but the jump manual is a really good read about jumping. It explains all the factors to you such as fiber types, weight/height ratio and even has a couple of different workouts. The author went from a 16 to a 40.

Anything is possible, best way to find out is research and work hard for a couple months and see cause no one can truly predict your body but you.

P.S PLYOMETRICS ARE A MUST!!
    "When your pushed killing is as easy as breathing" - Rambo

"Killin is my business ladies and business is goood" - Major Pain

"The only limit your body has is what you tell it" - No idea

"Live for Nothing or Fight for something" - Rambo

odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Vertical jump bible is not a good book you should try something better like Special Strength Training: Manual for Coaches

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BS.

VJB is very good.

OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by odininagym View Post
    Vertical jump bible is not a good book you should try something better like Special Strength Training: Manual for Coaches
    Kelly Bagget is a genius when it comes to athletic performance. Have you even read the book?
    People say all of this crap about genetics this, genetics that. I will never let genetics tell me what I can and cannot do..

odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes It don't match Yuri stuff and Its use a lot of exercice for nothing the best exercice for jumps force is vertical jump with barbel or kettle bell or depth jump nothing more maybe box jump or with jump with no weigth. Kelly Bagget Is not a true expert He just says what the other say and use funny routine who dont fellow what he says.

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    VJB is a proven routine that can add 10 inches in a couple months to a genetically favored person.

How it not good?

For true so thats why you only jump 24.5 inch?

I'm 14 years old, have never done VJB or jump training before, so you can't jump VJB by my crappy vertical lol.

So, why is it exactly a bad program?
    Last edited by LegitSalsa; 05-03-2013 at 08:12 PM.

ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by cword3 View Post
    After years of not playing, Im just now getting into basketball. Right now I can touch around ten inches above the rim and have a standing reach of 7' 10. Ive always been a natural jumper. So i figure I have about 3 feet of running vertical. I really want to be able to dunk in games at ease so Im hoping I can add anywhere from 5-12 inches on my current vertical. I have never trained legs and Im just now starting a plyometrics and strength training routine for my legs. Ive customized a routine from the vertical jump bible that I feel better suits me. I do plyometrics twice a week and leg strength once a week. Is a goal of 5-12 inches attainable in the near future? I have no idea what kind of results I should expect as a beginner.
    adam linkenauger is good, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKPlC8QaTo

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5-12 inches is possible as long as you're consistent with your training and you don't start and stop. What I mean is you have to stay committed to reaching 5-12 inches even if you don't see great results right away. There is no possible way to know exactly how many inches you can add to your vertical jump in a certain amount of time because most of it is theory. When I follow a program consistently for a month I always see an improvement and if I want more results, I keep it up for another month or so until I'm happy with my results.
    Do you want to improve your jumping ability and add inches to your vertical jump?
    Go here to check out this FREE ebook that will show you how!

=> http://www.verticaljumpprime.com