dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0osh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

increasing my vertical

cliffs
    - 18 years old
    - 6'4", 160lbs
    - can't dunk
    - can touch rim

need straightforward tips on how to improve my vertical so i can dunk properly, cbf looking thru all the online bullsh!t

JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gotta work on your fast twitch muscles bro gotta do explosive exceries like cleans squats and plyos

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This will NOT happen overnight but I can help. To inspire, I've gone from 6'0 (14), not touching the rim in gradeschool to 6'3 and dunking as a sophomore (17). 30" standing vertical at late age of 17. Who knows how high my vertical was with a running start. I could touch 3/4 up a back board though and hit my head on the rim at 19.

The best way to increase your vertical is practicing jumping or dunking on a 9'0 rim or 9'6 if you can. Practice that 3-4 times a week for hours, that's what I did. You'll build the fast twitch muscles by exploding over and over again and you'll increase stability and jumping.

You need to figure out if you are a one foot jumper or a controlled "two foot gather" jumper. I was the two foot gather, which it's way harder to dunk in competition, but you can do some amazing dunks this way.

I'm guessing you want to do this in a short amount of time? Practice jumping like I said and dunking on a shorter rim if possible, then for strength training, jump up 1 or 2ft on a box of some kind. Add weight if needed. Do 3 sets of 10. Rest a day because you will be sore. Rest a day between jumping and working those legs. Increase weight and sets, PUSH yourself. You will gain inches in your vertical in a matter of a couple weeks. Keep at it to gain 6-8" or more, depends on you. It's pretty simple. When you hit a plateau, either increase weight or try new jumping exercises.

Last month I could barely touch the rim, but I started on leg presses and playing ball regularly again, got my vert back somewhat. I bet i increased 4" in a month, can almost dunk again, just needed to build a little muscle in the legs and wake up the fast twitch muscles. You can do it too!

jwagers0023 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Jump Manual

Originally Posted by dab0osh View Post
    cliffs
    - 18 years old
    - 6'4", 160lbs
    - can't dunk
    - can touch rim

need straightforward tips on how to improve my vertical so i can dunk properly, cbf looking thru all the online bullsh!t

Check out this ebook bro. vapor-head.com

mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would recommend
    clean pulls ; builds rate of force off the ground and teaches proper firing sequence
    Banded squats; rate of force, stretch shortening cycle, hip strength
    Box squats
    Kneeling Jumps; Hip speed, rate of force , speed strength
    -----------------------
    Best thing you can do is follow these principals
    1.increase work capacity to allow your body to handle more wrk without fatigue---google ''louie simmons extra workouts''. READ THEORY
    2.Increase strength- SQUAT HEAVY AS FUQ. Squat regular and off a box. Strength is necessarY because fore equals strength times speed
    3. Increase Rate of force- Doing plyos and doing banded squats as taught by louie simmons helps
    4.Do jumping exercises google'' hoops u'' - alsoo... Dr. Yessis explains the diff between jumps and plyos on youtube--YOU NEED BOTH--
    5. Eat right- selfexplanatory
    6. READ
    7. Work on speed-strength, strength-speed, and absolute strength
    8. INCREASE WORK CAPACITY

odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For dunk you just need to squat heavier(1-3rep max) and jump more .So use depth jump or stim méthode and not box squat because this exercice Its for the glute not the quad .

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're 6'4 and you can't touch the rim then you have a lot of potential and room to grow. At 6'4 you should by the very least be able to grab the rim. Personally, I would do little things daily to help and if you have access to a gym you can do some more serious workouts. At home I would do calf raises, squats, and lunges. I would also practice jumping as high as I can. In the weight room I would do weighted squats and deadlifts. Michael Jordan said he didn't do much to work on his vertical jump but he played basketball everyday. So, you should play as much high intensity basketball as you can. Also if you have strong legs and you're able to squat heavy weight you could try some plyometrics. Depth Jumps are very effective and there are other plyometric workouts you can find all over the internet.
    Do you want to improve your jumping ability and add inches to your vertical jump?
    Go here to check out this FREE ebook that will show you how!

=> http://www.verticaljumpprime.com