Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chest/shoulder/triceps

Bench press
    12x22.5
    12x20
    10x20kg

Db side laterals
    10x8
    10x4
    12x4kg

Incline flye
    8x16
    10x12
    14x12kg*really struggling now

Seated db press
    10x12
    10x12
    10x12kg

Tri extensions
    10x8
    10x8
    10x8kg

Bench dips

Food to be updated later, it's Friday and only one small glass of wine. Uh oh!

I don't know why I always forget this...after such a long time away from a structured routine my muscles are all sore and I still have 2 upper body workouts this week. I will be sensible and not finish the week. I'll restart on Monday. I can't help but feel disappointed but at least I have 'warmed up' and also taken time to monitor my calories and tweak my intake of calories.

Next week it really begins! 2-2.5 lbs weight loss a month is my aim
    Dont reward ur self with food, ur not a dog

Insanity: doing the same thing over again and expecting different results...
    (So change it up)

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Food yesterday

Cals:1567 carbs: 209 prot: 92 fat: 28

Exercises today

45 minute walk on 8d incline

Food today

Cals: 2060 carbs: 271 prot: 64 fat: 58
    Bad day, typical of a Saturday and consuming alcohol. Dwnloaded some inspirational utube videos and just hoping that watching them over and over doing cardio the messages will sink in!
    Trudged through the snow and raided the market for fresh veggies and fish so I can get on with eating the right food at the right time ie eating a sensible meal after my evening workout.
    I don't just want to lose loads of lbs (although I would love that) I want to look good in my bikini whilst I'm on honeymoon!

(So change it up)

food yesterday

cals; 1576 carbs; 163 prot; 65 fat; 50

exercise yesterday

35 minute walk on varying inclines
    working harder from today! cutting the cals down (my plan is for 1350 per day) but i cant remember if that includes tea?? hmmm. well, its quite a big drop from an average of...1600 or so. if its too big a drop then i will have to add 50-100 more cals as drastically changing calorie intake does NOT work for me and i'm so glad i learnt that!
    although i have eaten too little today my macros were good, little low on fat so i had a small bag Maltesers, not that its what i wanted to do but they hand out easter eggs in my office...and the bag was all read and shiny and right in front of me!
    will update food/macros and any exercise later (food to be delivered today so might not get to the gym)
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 03-25-2013 at 12:54 PM.

(So change it up)

foods yesterday

cals; 1311 carbs; 177 prot; 85 fat; 27

potentially a little low on fats and too high on carbs, i didnt need that much energy oh well, it can only get better. Looks like I need to bring in more tea and coffee...more milk...more fat. Such a shame

(So change it up)

Food yesterday

Cals: 1564 carbs: 167 prot: 114 fat: 41

Exercise yesterday

Back and biceps

Bent over 2db row
    10x20
    10x20
    10x20kg

Alternate db curl
    10x6
    10x6
    10x6kg

Lat pull down
    10x27
    10x27.5
    10x27.5kg

Db curls (in place of bb curl so both arms together)
    12x10
    10x8
    10x8kg

Cardio
    Xtrainer 26 mins alternating levels.

It may be...not really that good but I'm very proud of really happy I pushed myself so hard and managed the full cardio prescribed by Lee Labrada. Work was really tiring and left me feeling bleurgh,, but I got to the gym!
    It was probably helped by 2 massive guys working out so I didn't want to look like a 'girl' in front of them
    Food wasn't that bad for a Tuesday, I'm not working today so Tuesday is usually a night for a couple of drinks but I drank less than half I normally would. I did mostly stick to my alcohol replacement of low cal hot choc and low fat squirty cream but I put a drop of Baileys in and then had a very small glass of wine. Oh well, can't do miracles!

Cardio session and then chest/shoulders/tri's later today...

(So change it up)

Today

Exercise

AM: chest, shoulders and triceps
    Bench press
    12x20
    12x22.5
    10x22.5kg

Incline flyes
    12x12
    12x12
    12x12kg

Seated db press
    12x12
    10x12
    12x8kg

DB bent over laterals
    15x8
    12x12
    8x12kg

Tri extensions
    10x10
    10x10
    10x10kg*totally worn out by now. Wanted to use a lower weight but some stick man kid thing was using the 8kg, it's a good thing though really cos it made me push myself

Seated dips
    9xbw+20kg

PM: cardio, stat bike varying levels 26 minutes

Very happy I got to the gym twice in a day. It's not always a good thing but from next week I shldnt need to do 2 sessions in one day. I was so tired after my weights this morning, really tempted to nap but needed to go to town and pick up more food!

(So change it up)

Food yesterday

Cals: 1721 carbs: 139 prot: 80 fat: 59

Bleurghhh!

Food/macros wont be great today, got so carried away with everything yesterday I didnt prepare any food (that and the fact that I misjudged how much i had) so i've been out and bought some meals from Boots which will probably leave me under my cals but because it's the day before bank holiday I will probably go over with some extra's at home.
    I just need to think positive and think about how the calories wont be from alcohol but will be from hot chocolate and squirty cream, not brill but they dont prevent fat burning!

Exercise today

Legs and abs

Squat
    12x50
    12x52.5
    12x52.5kg

Stiff legged deads
    12x42.5
    10x50
    10x50kg

DB lunges
    10x16
    10x16
    10x16kg

Calf raises

Leg curls
    10x30
    10x30
    15x25kg

Hanging leg raises
    10*couldnt 'hang' so struggled with this as I needed to hold myself up on the arms of a treadmill and I was wobbling all over the place.

Good, strong workout for me. Pushing myself again, to go harder and go higher and prove that I can do it! Ended up in the gym on my own so felt that I could go ahead and try the leg raises as if I looked stupid and my arms collapsed and I fell...it wouldn't be some epic tragedy in front of sum big buff men

Tired again now, nibbled on some dinner, watching some tv then burying myself in my bedsheets!
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 03-28-2013 at 03:15 PM.

(So change it up)

Friday, felt fine but edgy, like I should be doing something. I didn't want to go to the gym early so I could do it in the eve and not be tempted to have a drink...wat an idiot. I went to check out the new shopping centre and ended up going for a drink...then 2 and because I had only had a small breakfast (for me anyway) it went straight to my head and my OH and I went out for dinner, more drinks and it just got messy.

Woke up with a hangover and I think this was to much for my body to manage and it resulted in me catching my OH's chest infection I figured if I just managed my cals I wouldn't have to feel like I should be in the gym...only today I'm practically drinking honey, sugary cough medicine and eating (my all time cure for alllllll ailments) Jaffa Cakes. I'm hoping this will be enough to get me back in the gym for Wednesday.

Disappointed, but I brought it on myself.
    This has been a year of coughing and sleepless nights so far, really can't wait for it to finish considering I'm normally very healthy

Ah well...I'll be back....

(So change it up)

KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey there...

Feel better soon! Chest infections are naaaaaaaasty!!

Glad your back on it, don't beat yourself too much about the calories, getting to the gym and pushing yourself is a massive achievement in itself IMO .. I had a massive blow out yesterday it's just normal to be human and wanting to eat CHOCOLATE !! Yum !!
    "Be true to the best you know. This is your high ideal. If you do your best, you cannot do more."
    Dresses, H. W.

My Log :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148491933

Thanks Kelly, and hello again

Yeh, I feel pretty rubbish at the mo, feels like a wasted bank holiday. What can you do...I'll at least feel a little better if I don't have any booze though, then I won't be so sad about the cals. I do love biscuits though! Jaffa cake's and biscuits yum!

(So change it up)

food yesterday

Cals: 1504 carbs: 209 prot: 83 fat: 37

exercise yesterday

bench press
    3xvery poor attempts

cardio
    26 min walk on incline 10

So, I was fed up of sitting around at night wondering when I would feel better so I decided to go to the gym. Which was a mistake as I hadnt eaten enough to do a weights session and when I decided to do cardio I felt tired after 20 minutes so didnt do as much as I wanted.
    Boo.

This gave my OH so much satisfaction as he could say 'told you so'. I have learnt my lesson though and will go back to the gym to finish what I started tonight. Whilst I'm waiting for my food shopping to arrive I will have a protein shake and throw myself into the gym for...either back and biceps or chest, tris and cardio. Or something like that.

(So change it up)

Really hoping to get to the gym and back on my plan tonight. My gym session the other day seemed to almost knock me out, and almost everytime I started to gee myself up I started coughing

I've eaten more carbs over the day, instead of just in the morning/early afternoon so I should have the energy I need. I'll take a protein shake and then just see how I get on. It's all a learning curve anyway!

Food

Cals: 1323 carbs: 178 prot: 100 fat: 19

Workout
    Chest/Shoulder/Tricep

Incline BB press
    10x18
    10x20
    10x20kg

Lateral raise
    10x2.5
    7x2.5
    10x2kg* really poor

DB press
    12x4
    10x4
    10x4kg

Pec dec
    10x25
    10x25
    15x20kg

Tri pushdown
    10x11.5
    10x11.5
    12x10kg

Lying tri extension
    10x8
    10x8
    10x8kg

Good workout, still feel a little ill but I am determined to go to the gym and this monday was as good a time as any to get going. If anything it means that I sleep better and thats really important to me

Food is going well, fat is a little low so I might need to do swap some carbs for fat. Now that i'm spreading my carbs over all my meals I think I can throw an egg yolk into my breakfast.
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 04-09-2013 at 08:03 AM.

(So change it up)

Food today

Cals: 1463 prot: 107 carb: 178 fat: 30

Back/biceps/cardio

Lat pull down
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30kg

Back extension
    10x6
    10x10kg
    Good morning*thought I would see how it felt compared to the back extension. Feels harder so will stick with this instead of extension

Bent over DB row
    12x16
    14x16
    12x16kg

Concentration curl
    10x6
    10x6
    10x4

Preacher curls
    5x8
    8x8
    7x8kg

Cardio: 26 minutes varying levels on stat bike.

Don't really know what I did different today to add another 10g of fat...ok so looking at yesterday fat it was 24 not 19 and the extra today is explained by the egg yolk and 2 Mikado today. Tada! And thats why we need food diaries!
    Happy with the gym, I should have gone lower on the curls but I just didn't want to! Had to give myself help on the concentration curls and didn't feel like going to 4kg on preacher curls. My biceps look pretty good so less work on them really.

Legs and abs tomorrow...Wednesday...always a tricky day as I have the day off and if it's cold I don't want to take my pj's off

12x20kg
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 04-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.

(So change it up)

Workouts today

AM
    Cardio 45mins varied incline

PM
    Legs/abs
    Squat
    12x50
    10x50
    12x50kg

Stiff leg dead
    10x42.5
    10x50
    10x50kg

Leg extension
    15x20
    12x25
    12x25kg

Leg curls
    10x30
    10x30
    12x30kg

Calf raises

Leg curls
    10x30
    10x30
    12x30

Hanging leg raises
    3x10

Very happy with my workout today! Considering I was feeling pretty stretched on my deadlift warm ups I'm kinda surprised I got to the end, had to cheat a little with rest/pause but it was worth it!

Cardio wasn't planned but I was feeling fidgety and wasn't sure what else to do with myself...need to update my food but haven't finished yet, might end up a little over but after a legs day its worth it/necessary.

Food today

Cals: 1694 prot: 82 carbs: 197 fat: 38
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 04-11-2013 at 01:44 PM.

(So change it up)

Thurs: cardio only
    Fri: day off
    Sat: cardio only

Today

AM:40min cardio, walking on incline
    PM:Upper body

DB bench press
    20x16
    15x20
    12x20kg

Superset
    Incline fly. Bent over DB row
    10x16. 10x20
    12x16. 10x20
    20x16kg. 10x20kg

Superset
    Lat pull down. DB bent over lat raises
    15x20. 15x8
    15x20. 15x8
    15x20. 15x4

Superset
    Seated DB press. Cable tri extension
    15x8. 10x10
    15x8. 15x7.5
    15x8. 15x7.5kg

Cardio: 26 mins stat bike

Was feeling a bit mentally drained so thought I would take a few days 'off' and just do cardio. I need to dial in my food a bit more this week, my OH and I will be getting up earlier in the mornings to do some cardio too.
    Can't wait to stop feeling flabby, fluffy and dowdy!!

Will also increase my rep range and tweak my routine to make it more like a circuit, or supersetting if the gym is busy.

I've been saving utube vids all day to continue inspiring me, I'm really loving the vids by Jodi Boam, she's so smiley and seems really nice. She has a little more muscle than I want but I love to watch her workout

(So change it up)

Sundays Food

Cals: 1631 carbs: 177 prot: 72 fat: 40

Not really good enough, although not horrific for a Sunday. From tomorrow I will be aiming for 12-1400 cals, 150 carbs and 100 prot. Still trying to find an alternative to wine or rum and coke in the evenings and weekends...my biggest downfall.
    I'll be trying milkshakes next, gotta remember if i'll be going over on calories I at least don't want to prevent fat burning.

(So change it up)

Workouts
    AM: 35 mins cardio, walk on an incline
    Pm: legs/back

Asg squat/bent over db row
    15/15x16
    15/15x16
    15/15x16
    15/12x16kg

Split squat/lat pull down
    8x12/15x20
    15x8/15x20
    15x8/15x15
    20xbw/25x15kg

Bent leg dead
    10x40kg

Broken nails: 2

Shorter workout than planned, really very tired; first am cardio session before a 10 hour workday so struggled to feel incentivised but I got there and worked hard!
    Will look forward to a half day at work tomorrow...looking forward to climbing into bed...

Food;

Cals: 1553 prot: 112 carbs: 176 fat: 37

today was going really well, then i couldnt sleep so had to get up and have hard liquer, then because of an itchy throat i had to have a glass of milk.
    waaaaaah! oh well, i can do better tomorrow.
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 04-16-2013 at 04:20 AM.

(So change it up)

AM: 30 cardio, varying incline walk
    PM: chest/shoulders/cardio

DB bench press
    15x16
    15x16
    15x16
    15x12kg

Superset
    Front lat raise/incline bench
    15x4/4x12/7x8
    15x4/15x8
    15x4/15x8
    12x4kg/15x8kg

Superset
    Arnold press/flyes
    15x4/12x12
    15x4/15x8
    15x4/15x8
    15x4/15x8

Cardio
    26min alternating speeds on the bike

Well, chest and shoulders is not a good mix. Good for tiring the muscles but not good for feeling strong. Oh well, I can tweak that for next week.
    Really tempted to have a little sleep now.

Food: cals 1584 prot 111 carbs 186 fat 39

Not bad, 1290 cals net is a bit low. Too low I realise but prot and carbs are good and now I know why I'm so ruddy hungry!

Cardio and arms tomorrow then off to the cinema for Oblivion
    Last edited by twinklebeef; 04-16-2013 at 10:19 PM.

(So change it up)

Yesterday
    AM; cardio 43 min walk on incline
    PM; sleep!

Food: cals 1451 prot 93 carbs 151 fat 40
    Thanks to a 4AM start (for no reason i might add) I couldnt resist some of the sweet treats lying about, I let my judgement be clouded
    Could have been worse, went to the cinema and the bar next door had 241 cocktails and mains...which I thankfully forgot when the film ended. Phew!

Will update todays work/eats later.

(So change it up)

Thursday
    AM: cardio
    PM: cardio

Friday
    AM: cardio
    PM: none. Call from my dad to tell me he wanted to pay for my honeymoon! Yessssss! On the phone for over an hour so wld've had about 15 mins to work and the risk of being locked in the gym overnight...so gave it a miss

Saturday
    AM: arms/abs/cardio

Preacher curls
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8
    20x4kg* wrist gave up before my biceps

Circuit
    Cable curl
    15x2.5
    15x2.5
    15x2.5
    15x1.25kg

Cable tri kickback
    15x2.5
    15x2.5
    15x2.5
    15x2.5
    15x1.25kg

Ball crunch
    4 sets 15

Tri push down
    15x7.5
    15x7.5
    15x7.5
    15x5kg

Cardio: 30 min steady cycle

PM: sleep

I did want to do a small evening workout but I just felt so tired..and content I wanted to doze. Then my OH came home and made an amazing steak, cooked an amazing steak anyway!
    Yummy yummy yummy

(So change it up)

Sun: cardio
    Mon: day off as TOM

Today: lower body

BB lunges
    15x20
    15X20
    15x10
    15x10kg

Superset
    Box squats/1 leg dead
    15x20/15x15
    15x20/15x12
    15x20/15x8
    15x20/15x8

Leg curls
    15x20
    15x20
    15x20
    15x15kg

Glute kickback
    3x20

So, I need to eat a lot for these circuit style workouts! I was knackered and shaking and looking at my food diary I haven't made the best food choices today...it's all about learning and making changes.
    Yeh.

Meh.
    Really worn out and looking forward to going to bed and resting. I will be food shopping tomorrow so at the very least I'll have some fresh food

(So change it up)

Yesterday;
    AM; cardio 26 min incline walk
    PM; Upper body circuit

Incline DB press
    Lying tricep extension
    DB squat shoulder press
    DB bicep curl
    Wide grip pulldown
    DB curl and press
    Ball crunch
    Ball pull in

4 sets for the lot, varied weights and reps between 12-20.

Cardio 10 min cooldown

So happy with that workout! Miracle of Miracles all the equipment was free as everyone else was on the cardio machines! I have broken the workout down to circuits/supersets in case the equipment isnt always available.
    I was dripping with sweat half way through and my muscles alll ached but it felt so worth it when I had finished

Either today or tomorrow I will be working on shoulders as they are my biggest weakness. Considering how much I can do with the rest of my body my shoulders are just completely pants!

Made some solid food choices yesterday, not perfect but def fueled my workout a little over fats and carbs but 100g of protein which is the best ever result for a day off work
    I feel like i'm getting there.

(So change it up)

Thursday
    AM: lie in
    PM: cardio 26 min stat bike varied levels

Yesterday
    AM: 25 min walk on incline
    PM: Shoulers/cardio

Circuit
    Db shoulder press
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Side lat raise
    15x4
    12x4
    12x4

Bent over lat raise
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Arnold press
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Cable Front lat raise/front raise
    15x1.25/12x2/12x2
    Cable lat raise
    12x1.25

Cardio: 30min stat bike, varied speeds

Plus, I might have had my first Friday in forever without any alcohol! Hooray!
    And stuck within a decent amount of calories, yeh!!

(So change it up)

Saturday
    AM; Cardio, walking
    PM; (killer) full body circuit

Push ups
    10/10/10
    Mountain climbers
    30/30/30
    Goblet squat
    3x15x17.5kg
    Kneeling squat
    20/15/15
    Bench dips
    15/15/15
    Jump squat
    15/15/15
    Bent over row
    3x15x16kg
    Lunges
    15x20kg bb/15x10kg/15xbw
    Db step ups
    3x15x8
    Underhand lat pull down
    15x20/2x15x25kg
    Jump squat
    3x15

10 min cardio cool down.

Don't. Ask. How. I. Did. That. I have no idea!! It was exhausting but I was so very very happy to do it! I think my OH almost forcing me to drink No Xplode really helped. Tbh I'll probably have some this week when I do it all over again.

I'm getting much better at my nutrition too...till Sunday when I ruined it all anyway...

Sunday: day off

Monday
    AM: lie in as I barely got any sleep last night
    PM: 30 min run/walk

Updated progress pics last night and I'm hoping for some (impressive) progress in 4 weeks time..

(So change it up)