donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with chest and shoulder workout

I'm not a noob

So I workout at home and I have just moved on to a 4day split legs/chest,triceps/back/shoulders,biceps.
    My goal is asthetics but I also want to gain some strength in the lower rep ranges for the big exercises.

Now at home I have a barbell power rack,bench,and one thick handled db

I also have a shoulder impingement problem and I cant do barbell ohp or incline bench.

So heres my workout for the 2
    what do you think

chest/triceps
    barbell bench press- 5REP MAX then 4x12
    body weight dips-5x10 increase reps until I can do 5x20 then add sets.
    pullovers 4x12
    skull crushers5x20

Shoulders

1 arm db press -5-8 rep max then 4x12
    barbell punch 2x12 fast 2x8 heavy-experimenting with this as I do kickboxing so I want to see if this will help at all with the power of my punches)
    Side raise 4x12
    rear delt raise 4x12
    ez curls 4x12
    hammer curls4x12

Heres the Original program I got given of someone when asking for help but I cant do it.
    Shoulders/biceps
    Shoulder press: up to 1-5RM
    Dumbbell press: 4x12
    Side/rear delts: 4x12
    Barbell curls: 4x12
    Preacher curls: 4x10

Chest/Triceps
    Bench press: 1-5RM
    Dips: 4x12
    Flies: 4x12
    Pushdowns: 5x20

EDIT MAY AS WELL SHOW THE OTEHR 2 WORKOUTS

back
    deadlift 5 rep max
    barbell rows 4x12
    pullups 4x10
    shrugs 2x20 1x10
    back extensions 4x10-20

legs
    squat 5 rep max
    lunge 4x8
    stiff deads 4x8
    calf raise 4x25
    Last edited by donce2013; 04-16-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I used to train for MMA (Kyokushin and BJJ) and my striking power went way up when I added simple ass plyo pushups, and rotation exercises for the abs. Idk what theyre called but I used a cable and did kind of a standing russian twist and it DEFO added power to my hooks

donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donce2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seemedsafe View Post
    I used to train for MMA (Kyokushin and BJJ) and my striking power went way up when I added simple ass plyo pushups, and rotation exercises for the abs. Idk what theyre called but I used a cable and did kind of a standing russian twist and it DEFO added power to my hooks
    Thanks ill look into them plyo pushups

Any advice on my workout set up though ? I'm I going to be at a big disadvantage not being able to do things like the ohp and incline bench ?

Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Seemedsafe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Whats the order of your split along with rest days? Thats the most important aspect of any routine in my humble opinion, anything will work to a certain degree given enough food and rest.

The only disadvantages you have are the ones you let become a disadvantage. You can do 1 arm DB press right? Some will argue that's even better. Otherwise for your purposes not being able to incline and OHP will absolutely not have a drastic effect on you reaching your goals given that you work around them smartly.

I'm no authority on programming but what are your lifts at? If your current goal is to gain size and you're in a beginner stage i'd ditch the exercises like the laterals and rear raises and just work on increasing the numbers on the big lifts.

But at the end of the day if you're doing what you need to do to recover properly any program will work. Remember though that greater strength means a greater potential for size, and just puts you in a better place for any sort of program.
    MOTHAFUKKAS IMPINGED

**white guy living in a brown country crew
    **lived in the ****tiest cities crew

"You have to become a beast when you're trapped under that iron. Dig deep down into that fury, that rage, cuz the only way to come back is to stand up." Walt Disney

The order is like this

MONDAY LEGS
    TUESDAY CHEST/TRICEPS
    THURSDAY BACK
    FRIDAY SHOULDERS BICEPS

I'VE just finished a cut and had to let my arm/shoulder heal once again for 3 weeks so I have lost a bit of strnegth but it is all coming back very quickly

my stats,5'8 around 75kg
    5 rep max
    bench press 75kg(need to lower this and work back up slow to let my arm/shoulder get used to heavy weight again)
    squat 107kg-this is going back up quick
    deadlift 125kg this is also going up quick

HAvent done the one arm db press yet for 5-8 rep max but i think I will be able to get 30kg out on it.

before the cut at 82kg-
    bench press 82kg
    squat 120kg
    deadlift 130kg
    ohp 60kg but I kept on getting a pain for days after it so I dont want to do it any more.

Maybe once i have fixed my shoulder problem I will be able to go back to the ohp and incline bench but that wont be for a long while.

Also once I have gotten some extra money together (about 3 months or so) im going to buy 2 adjustable dbs and a load of weights so I can do incline db press,I can do them fine,last time I had ago of doing them when I was in one of the gyms I done 3x10 35kgcould of done 40kg(for like 3x8-10) but I wasn't strong enough to "clean" them up

Any way do you think I should just stick to that program ? or would there be a better way for me to set it up or what ?

so do you think jsut do what I have wrote out as planned ?