Closed Thread
Page 45 of 209 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 6267
    Bobert91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know that meal timing is irrelevant and to lose and gain weight = cals in vs cals out at the end of the day or within 24 hours. Now...on rest days, your body is repairing itself and you need about 8 hours of sleep HOWEVER, let's say that I was only able to sleep for 2 hours since I wasn't able to sleep or i'm having troubles sleeping. I ate breakfast, browsed the internet for couple of hours THEN fell asleep later within the day for the rest of the 6 hours. Would this be "okay" since I am getting a total of 8 hours of sleep within 24 hours? Does it kind of act like cals in vs cals out at the end of the day, just make sure to have enough sleep by the end of the day?

jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bobert91 View Post
    I know that meal timing is irrelevant and to lose and gain weight = cals in vs cals out at the end of the day or within 24 hours. Now...on rest days, your body is repairing itself and you need about 8 hours of sleep HOWEVER, let's say that I was only able to sleep for 2 hours since I wasn't able to sleep or i'm having troubles sleeping. I ate breakfast, browsed the internet for couple of hours THEN fell asleep later within the day for the rest of the 6 hours. Would this be "okay" since I am getting a total of 8 hours of sleep within 24 hours? Does it kind of act like cals in vs cals out at the end of the day, just make sure to have enough sleep by the end of the day?
    Don't think it really matters. Just calories in vs calories out on the day.
    You’ve put blood sweat and tears into this, after all these years, every set and rep that you pushed your hardest. Don’t give up now.

Location: Aberdeen, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) livingforlean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does having a wider back increase your shoulder measurements by pushing them apart?
    Brb, bulking to 185.

5'11/6' Crew.

mankilla09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Sleepy after workout

How can avoid getting sleepy after working out? It's hurting my grades and I don't want to stop working out

Weslee123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Kre-alkalyn

I've been taking mono hydrate for about 5 months no cycling off it I heard about alkalyn and about how it is more easily absorbed in your body not sure if I should make the switch when I get back on thanks guys

JackyWhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackyWhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Every time before I start my workout I step on the scale. Last week it was 82kg, today it was 81,5kg. Could this mean I'm already loosing body fat?

Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cortese01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing modified SS for about 7 months now with a little modification:

A
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x10
    Chins 15-20 total reps, add weight or use assisted.
    Rows 3x10 SUPER STRICT.
    Biceps 3x10
    Cable chest flys 3x10 - Usually on tuesdays.
    - I often do both preacher curls and hammer curls.
    - Mix between high row and low row.

B
    Front squat 3x5
    MP 3x10
    Deadlifts 1x5
    15-20 reps of dips
    3x10 tricep work
    3x10 rear delt flyes
    - 2 exercises or more for triceps, often one arm dumbell extension, overhead dumbbell extension, and lately been starting to do kickbacks.
    - Lately been starting to do upright barbell row as well.

What do people think about this program? I feel like I can push myself and hit all the major muscle groups often.
    I hit the gym 4 days a week btw.

notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mankilla09 View Post
    How can avoid getting sleepy after working out? It's hurting my grades and I don't want to stop working out
    Dude I'm having the same issue on JasonDB's 5x5, I'm very curious to this answer, it's ****ing me up.

notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50) notpuayet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JackyWhite View Post
    Every time before I start my workout I step on the scale. Last week it was 82kg, today it was 81,5kg. Could this mean I'm already loosing body fat?
    Measure yourself in the morning to be sure and average it out over the week since sodium/water retention can **** you up with the measurement, also the amount you eat pre-workout

JackyWhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackyWhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I measure myself at 6am. Don't eat anything and take a piss before the workout. I'm gonna check next week again and hope for 81kg straight.

greg1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do ectomorphs find getting a sixpack the easiest?

Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Lukasz4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Help!!!

Hi everyone. I have a major issue. First let me explain my story. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa at height 1.65cm and weight 41kg... Now I'm 18 and in recovery stage at weight 52.2kg height 1.71 cm.

The problem is that for the past 5 weeks I've been doing combination of maximum overload training which is 5 day split fbw and leangainer intermediate fasting, and I am just tired of weighting food and counting all the macros and everything related to it as it takes a lot of my time during the day . I enjoy the gym and the workouts, my goal is to get fit and look good and not to be a bodybuilder, but it seems I am following a pro bodybuilders regime. I just want to enjoy my life and enjoy the gym... Any suggestions? I know some of it might be down to my illness especially the fact that during those 5 weeks I haven't gained any weight just lost body fat

Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Lukasz4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by greg1996 View Post
    Do ectomorphs find getting a sixpack the easiest?
    It all depends on the body fat percentage...

thoujustin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 16 and I've been bulking for a few months. I'm looking for a new protein shake for post workout, something that will help me gain fat and muscle, a bulking or gaining shake. I'm a mesomorph and I want to gain as much mass as I can before the end of this year.

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thoujustin View Post
    I'm 16 and I've been bulking for a few months. I'm looking for a new protein shake for post workout, something that will help me gain fat and muscle, a bulking or gaining shake. I'm a mesomorph and I want to gain as much mass as I can before the end of this year.
    The main purpose of a bulk is to gain MUSCLE mass. You will inevitably gain fat too. And just eat at a caloric surplus. There is no magic supplement.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    115 lbs at 5'7.5"
    i'm trying to bulk.
    Peanut Butter- 500 calories everyday
    1 tablespoon:
    Calories: 100
    Fat: 8g
    Sodium: 65mg
    Carbs: 4g
    Protein: 3g

Ingredients: Select roasted peanuts, soybean oil, corn dextrin, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil and salt

Is it healthy? Rest of my meal throughout the day are clean. Running BLSS

j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000) j0hn117 is just really nice. (+1000)
    is 225 possible for nov time if i'm benching 178 3x5 now

dumbell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I want to reduce my bf % but i also want to increase muscle mass. Is it possible to do both? if not which one should i focus on first?

tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuck815 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dumbell13 View Post
    I want to reduce my bf % but i also want to increase muscle mass. Is it possible to do both? if not which one should i focus on first?
    you can do both, lift and do cardio

bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500) bwillems is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by j0hn117 View Post
    is 225 possible for nov time if i'm benching 178 3x5 now
    Maybe, depends. Are you gradually going up on youre weight or are you at a plateau? Also supplementing Creatine majorly improves your maxes. It's all about the intensity and work when it comes down to it though.

connorox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is the optimal amount of meals and what time should my last meal be at

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by connorox View Post
    What is the optimal amount of meals and what time should my last meal be at
    Meal timing is irrelevant. Aslong as you eat enough it doesnt matter when you eat
    "The guy who works harder than anyone else will always have an advantage over the science geek who worries about and plans his training to the T." - fred hatfield (dr.squat)

goonsquadforums.com

Koann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've made a thread about this, but no reply's, so i'm gonna try here since i am new to this forum.

I'm 16 years old. I'm an ectomorph, been eating ~4000 calories everyday. I gained 10 kg's since i began working out in December, but i just recently started to eat this much. Here is my diet:

Meal 1: Oatmeal- 100 grams, protein shake
    At school i eat a sandwich or 2, so i don't count that as a meal since that's not much.
    Meal 2: Lunch- Whatever my mom makes, i eat a lot of it, and don't count it at the end of the day.
    Meal 3: Pasta with tuna, 300 grams(before cooked)
    Meal 4: Brown rice, mixed with vegetable, 400 grams
    Meal 5: I only eat this meal at workout days, it's cottage cheese.

I'd like to know if this diet is okay and what should i change if it's not. And if you can give me some general tips on everything. I just feel like this diet isn't very good and it won't take me far.

Thanks for the help!

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    @ Koann
    That's a lot to gain since December. You may want to slow it down a tiny bit.
    Diet looks decent. Just make sure you're getting enough protein. More fruits and veggies are always good

Hakfu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hakfu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hakfu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hakfu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bent-over Barbell Rows.

I'm having wrist pain when doing these. I've noticed that if I use a pronated grip on both hands (as if I were doing bicep curls), the pain goes away.

Is it okay to use pronated grip? Or do you guys have tips on how to relief the pain while doing it with a supinated grip?

Thanks!

Koann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OmegaMurray View Post
    @ Koann
    That's a lot to gain since December. You may want to slow it down a tiny bit.
    Diet looks decent. Just make sure you're getting enough protein. More fruits and veggies are always good
    Thanks for the reply. I actually started going to the gym in October, but i was doing a small training just so i can get familiar with the gym, started with 12/10/8 system in december so i count that as my starting point.

zedlav7asile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New girl

should I cut or bulk first? I'm about 136 lbs my bf is 20% I think and I'm 18 and a female. My waist is about 26 inches.
    Last edited by zedlav7asile; 03-17-2013 at 10:17 AM.

SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50) SlayerEnraged will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So guys my question is pretty dumb but I just really don't know what to do. So I was following baby lovers SS for probably 2 or 3 months and things went pretty well but then college homework/busy life happened. I managed to workout occasionally and such but I just didn't have time to workout nearly as much as you should and it was just so much easier to do whatever for lifts instead of having to do specific lifts and planning when I'd be able to increase and that type of thing. Anyway so yeah I pretty much was on Baby lovers SS for 2 or 3 onths and I've fallen off of it for th last probably 3 or more months. I'm still in college and won't be done with it untill late May. I'm not sure if it's realistic to be able to be able to fully follow baby lovers ss and do it several times per week. So my question is what should I be doing for the next 2 or so months? Baby lovers SS but not very often, or should I just lift randomly and not really follow a program for the next 2 or 3 months?

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hakfu View Post
    Bent-over Barbell Rows.

I'm having wrist pain when doing these. I've noticed that if I use a pronated grip on both hands (as if I were doing bicep curls), the pain goes away.

Is it okay to use pronated grip? Or do you guys have tips on how to relief the pain while doing it with a supinated grip?

Thanks!
    If it hurts you're doing wrong or you shouldn't be doing it. I'd say use the group that doesn't hurt.

Originally Posted by zedlav7asile View Post
    should I cut or bulk first? I'm about 136 lbs my bf is 20% I think and I'm 18 and a female. My waist is about 26 inches.
    Really depends on your goals.

Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged View Post
    So guys my question is pretty dumb but I just really don't know what to do. So I was following baby lovers SS for probably 2 or 3 months and things went pretty well but then college homework/busy life happened. I managed to workout occasionally and such but I just didn't have time to workout nearly as much as you should and it was just so much easier to do whatever for lifts instead of having to do specific lifts and planning when I'd be able to increase and that type of thing. Anyway so yeah I pretty much was on Baby lovers SS for 2 or 3 onths and I've fallen off of it for th last probably 3 or more months. I'm still in college and won't be done with it untill late May. I'm not sure if it's realistic to be able to be able to fully follow baby lovers ss and do it several times per week. So my question is what should I be doing for the next 2 or so months? Baby lovers SS but not very often, or should I just lift randomly and not really follow a program for the next 2 or 3 months?
    If you can only lift randomly i'd say stick with with BLSS. It's a great program and would be better than doing random workouts every time

naipe21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whats better doing a full set of 10 reps with a lower weight, or doing a total of 10 reps add up but with brief pauses eache 5 or so reps to grab air with a higher weight.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 209 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast