areece21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some healthy foods for college students to eat?

Being in college, most of us do not always eat the best or take in the right amount of carbs, protein, etc. The places to eat here in town are the cafeteria (buffet style), but normally does not have healthy food choices outside of cereal, salad, creating your own omelette on random days and that's about it. Other than that we have about 12+ fast food/restaurants here in town, along with a Wal-Mart. My question is, what are some healthy foods I can get at Wal-Mart that doesn't cost too much and can help keep me lean? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

*Also, I know tuna has a lot of protein and is good for you, but I can't stand it..otherwise I'd be all over that!*

I usually go for:
    -Blackberries (fresh ones)
    -Oranges
    -Recently started buying bags of salad
    -Rice cakes
    -Peanut butter
    -Everything bagels with low fat cream cheese
    -Healthy Choice frozen pasta meals
    -Green Tea (tea bags)
    -Beef Jerky (low sodium)
    -Cinnamon Life cereal w/ 2% milk
    -Kellogg's Breakfast To Go shakes for the weekends
    Choose greatness or fail to achieve

packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Beans, rice, precooked chicken w/ hot sauce is my staple poor meal.

Originally Posted by packattack87 View Post
    Beans, rice, precooked chicken w/ hot sauce is my staple poor meal.
    lol I was thinking about buying a George Foreman Grill and buying packs of chicken to cook for the week to eat with rice and beans...and you always gotta have the hot sauce!!

rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100) rolandszi is not very well liked. (-100)
    sausage.

Originally Posted by rolandszi View Post
    sausage.
    why would I eat sausage? That's so bad for you.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by areece21 View Post
    why would I eat sausage? That's so bad for you.
    whaaaaa?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Food can't be healthy/unhealthy, clean/dirty, good/bad, etc... You have to look at your overall diet to use those terms. What I would do in your situation is focus on getting a few servings of fruits/veggies daily, getting enough fiber, and try and get a decent amount of high quality protein/fats. Not sure on your cooking situation or what options you have there, maybe stock up on oats or another high fiber food, get your fruits/veggies daily when you can, then if you have a freezer/fridge get some eggs/chicken/meat, or whatever, EVOO is good if your low on fat for the day. A multi and fish oil may also help for insurance and I'd also stock on whey, it's a great source of protein and cheap. I use a lot of instant rice to fill in carbs since it's cheap and easy. That should pretty much cover you, then you can fill the rest in with whatever you want. Don't go crazy on tuna simply because of the mercury content.

ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10) ObiJuanK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should kick out the beef jerky and buy real protein. You can buy enough chicken for like a week at walmart for about $10
    and 20% of your calories should come from fat. Don't fall into that whole fat is the enemy scheme lol
    “I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.” - Machiavelli

“If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things" - Sun Tzu

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    canned tuna.

and i disagree. Food can be unhealthy. Recently we had doughnuts go through this house with 420 calories each. There was nothing but refined sugar and unnatural fats in it. no place in a healthy diet really. same goes for cheetos, hostess "oatmeal" creme cookies, oreos, soda.
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄