ChronicC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Tips- 16 year old

I am seeking advice on what I could do to achieve a toner stomach and have a 6 pack.
    Currently I stand 6'2 185 male, I have the look of the packs coming in but the fat I have over it is in the way.
    Anyways, I am not here to get people telling me to go to the gym and ****, thats just not me.
    Could I do, say 100 sit-ups/crunches/leg raises a day and achieve abs? I could get myself to do little workouts like these compared to a gym or workout routine.

Thanks in advance.

Tj

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ChronicC3 View Post
    go to the gym
    Great idea!

You can do a million sit-ups if you want, it won't make a difference if you don't eat properly, and really, what do abs matter if the rest of you is scrawny?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout.

Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    Great idea!

You can do a million sit-ups if you want, it won't make a difference if you don't eat properly, and really, what do abs matter if the rest of you is scrawny?
    Im not scrawny? I just dont have defined abs. I eat fine.. I should have specified in the original post.

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We'll be very unlikely to want to help you if you're just trying to get abs and not work any other part of your body. If you want that scrawny body, skinny man with only abs look, then yeah, just do sit ups and get yourself to a low BF%. It's mostly just low BF%, but you have to have some muscle.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

Originally Posted by TheBeastTyler View Post
    We'll be very unlikely to want to help you if you're just trying to get abs and not work any other part of your body. If you want that scrawny body, skinny man with only abs look, then yeah, just do sit ups and get yourself to a low BF%. It's mostly just low BF%, but you have to have some muscle.
    Idk why you two are saying I'm scrawny. I am not the least bit scrawny, I have muscle... I just wanted to know if I can shed the layer of fat covering my abs by doing simple household ab workouts. Thank you for the reply.

houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am seeking advice on what I could do to achieve a toner stomach and have a 6 pack.
    Currently I stand 6'2 185 male, I have the look of the packs coming in but the fat I have over it is in the way.
    Anyways, I am not here to get people telling me to go to the gym and ****, thats just not me.
    Could I do, say 100 sit-ups/crunches/leg raises a day and achieve abs? I could get myself to do little workouts like these compared to a gym or workout routine.

Thanks in advance.

Tj
    if you really want eye candy for the girls (i'm assuming that's your reason for wanting abs) then i would recommend doing full body workouts, so the rest of you is AT THE VERY LEAST toned. At 6'2", it will just look odd to have abs without a solid body built around it.

If you do seize this advice, i'd recommend following this program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063
    Rockets - Texans - Real Madrid

Jaguar0603 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaguar0603 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually from what I've read, doing ab work is not effective. Having a low enough BF% is the most important thing and that comes mostly from nutrition.

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jaguar0603 View Post
    Actually from what I've read, doing ab work is not effective. Having a low enough BF% is the most important thing and that comes mostly from nutrition.
    From experience, it is effective. Who knows, maybe that's just my genetics though.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

Originally Posted by TheBeastTyler View Post
    From experience, it is effective. Who knows, maybe that's just my genetics though.
    I gain muscle very easily, I think its my genetics as well. That is why I want to do more basic workouts, pushups,pullups,situps, ect. Going to the gym just doesnt vibe with my life style. I just wanted to see if anyone out there was on the same boat as me and did the basic workouts and the results they gave.

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dunno man...
    -- wants superficial Ken doll abs
    -- gains muscle so so magically easily
    -- hates the gym
    -- asks a site of gym regulars, who know how difficult it is to gain muscle if ...... he can do situps.

Gotta go to the mountain, brah. The journey is finding an oasis of scrawny abs dudes. Email Jersey Shore. And on your organ donor card, underline something like: "liver, kidneys, eyeballs OK". Please don't let them take your brain. There's no sense endangering the rest of society for any longer than was necessary this time 'round the reincarnation cycle.
    I am seeking ... a 6 pack...
    [
    I gain muscle very easily, ...
    Going to the gym just doesnt vibe with my life style.

athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you should definitely hit the weights. 6'2" and 185...kinda small. the muscle you "gain easily" is just because youre skinny...it will show easier bc of the lower BF%. for your mirror muscles, you have to drop your BF. simple.
    -Speed Kills, Strength Punishes-

Go hard for those that can go no more.- G Diesel

The future will soon be a thing of the past- George Carlin

I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.- George Carlin

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold

Working to weigh under 200 lbs.