k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking Newb topic: finally got form of deadlifts correct

After 3 weeks of struggling I've got the hang of getting my stiff-legged deadlift form correct (Doing the AllPRo workout but havent started yet: focussing on getting my form correct on a handful of exercises at a time until I can do them all correctly).

I was struggling with the stiff-legged deadlift. I felt my back doing work more than anything and felt nothing in my hamstrings. After watching countless youtube videos I still got no joy.

Then after a couple weeks of practising I kind of focussed on flexing my hammys and everything changed. What it took was more focus on what muscles I need to use, rather than just going through the motions. I never realised that for some exercises this is what it takes.

Did 2 x10 of 20 kg and my hammys are killing me today srs and no back stiffness/pain. Super happy.

In a few weeks I'll be able to get my Bodyspace profile started and can start AllPro properly once my Squat and Bentover Row form is in check. Super excited.

Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats, and you're completely right, virtually any compound exercise is more about the mind-muscle connection than just "going through the motions", as you put it. Pullups or lat pulldowns will ignore your lats and use your biceps if you let them, bench press will ignore your pecs and use your triceps if you let it, and squats can even be done with the hamstrings.

You're lucky you managed to figure it out that quick

SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Upright rows.... this is one of the best exercises for latissimus dorsi mind-muscle connection. Literally, arch forward for starting, then tighten your lats and pull back, pinning the shoulders back (as if you were trying to touch your elbows together behind your back).

ARRRGHHHHHHHH PUMP!!!!

k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) k290 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Virucyde View Post
    Congrats, and you're completely right, virtually any compound exercise is more about the mind-muscle connection than just "going through the motions", as you put it. Pullups or lat pulldowns will ignore your lats and use your biceps if you let them, bench press will ignore your pecs and use your triceps if you let it, and squats can even be done with the hamstrings.

You're lucky you managed to figure it out that quick
    Thanks for the additional info. handy stuff.