David360 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this the correct concept for fat burn?

First i want to say that I wish I could do HIIT. Unfortunately my asthma prevents me from running full speed. I cannot find a medical product that will alow me to run without using my inhaler.. but thats besides the fact

OK so I follow a very strict diet; nearly eat the same thing everyday. I currently weight 170 lbs. I am lean; however, i have a little excess belly fat that im trying hard to get rid of. So here's what ihv been doing.... I homed in on pretty much the exact amount of calories (3300) to maintain my current weight. I lift 3 days a week and do 3 days of cardio. Since im unable to do HIIT, i jog for 60 min at 6.0 mph- which burns about 700 cals.

From my understanding of how burning fat works, this should work.... About approximately 20 mins of jogging, i will start to deplete my fat stores. So, for example say that in the first 20 min of my jog i burn 230 cals. The next 40 mins I burn 470 cals. Since my daily intake is just enough to maintain my current weight (I weight myself everyday and maintain my weight) I know for a fact that this is burning a significant amount of body fat, correct?

One other question... I kno most people on bb.com are advocates of HIIT. I kno i would be too if i could do it. Since it is my understanding that fat burn is all about net calories, is HIIT really more effective than steady cardio- or just more conveinent. I think i heard a 20 min HIIT = 45 min steady cardio. Please enlighten me. Thank you

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by David360 View Post
    First i want to say that I wish I could do HIIT. Unfortunately my asthma prevents me from running full speed. I cannot find a medical product that will alow me to run without using my inhaler.. but thats besides the fact

OK so I follow a very strict diet; nearly eat the same thing everyday. I currently weight 170 lbs. I am lean; however, i have a little excess belly fat that im trying hard to get rid of. So here's what ihv been doing.... I homed in on pretty much the exact amount of calories (3300) to maintain my current weight. I lift 3 days a week and do 3 days of cardio. Since im unable to do HIIT, i jog for 60 min at 6.0 mph- which burns about 700 cals.

From my understanding of how burning fat works, this should work.... About approximately 20 mins of jogging, i will start to deplete my fat stores. So, for example say that in the first 20 min of my jog i burn 230 cals. The next 40 mins I burn 470 cals. Since my daily intake is just enough to maintain my current weight (I weight myself everyday and maintain my weight) I know for a fact that this is burning a significant amount of body fat, correct?

One other question... I kno most people on bb.com are advocates of HIIT. I kno i would be too if i could do it. Since it is my understanding that fat burn is all about net calories, is HIIT really more effective than steady cardio- or just more conveinent. I think i heard a 20 min HIIT = 45 min steady cardio. Please enlighten me. Thank you

Burn Fat = Defecit.. That is it
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't split too many hairs. It wasn't that long ago body-builders would have been scared to do anything but low-intensity steady-state for fear of losing their muscle, and they got lean just fine.

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Walking is underrated
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

Originally Posted by nicklyne View Post
    Burn Fat = Defecit.. That is it
    If one were in maintenance, it is possible to create a deficit without losing weight, correct?

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If one were in maintenance, it is possible to create a deficit without losing weight, correct?
    I think you are confused. If you created a deficit, you would eventually realize a weight loss. If you were "in maintenance" and created a deficit, you wouldn't be in maintenance any longer.

It would be a pretty rare already lean individual that could maintain weight and lean out at the same time ("recomp" is the term) to any real noticeable degree. This century, at least.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    I think you are confused. If you created a deficit, you would eventually realize a weight loss. If you were "in maintenance" and created a deficit, you wouldn't be in maintenance any longer.

It would be a pretty rare already lean individual that could maintain weight and lean out at the same time ("recomp" is the term) to any real noticeable degree. This century, at least.
    so basically what im doing is.... making calories in=calories out. What i think should happen is this will net in fat loss bc, include in the calories out are the cardio sessions. Since the majority of the cal during cardio are coming out of my fat stores, i should slowly lose fat. But ur saying this is not the case?

If these is a more effective fat loss method please let me know

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If calories in equals calories out, you are at maintenance. You will not change significantly in weight. It is possible for your body to slowly gain muscle and burn fat at maintenance calories (recomp), but this is very slow and unreliable at best.

It doesn't matter where your calories are coming from or where they are going for the purpose of fat loss. If your maintenance level is 2500 calories, for example, your body doesn't care whether you eat 2500 calories, or eat 2700 and burn off 200 with cardio - you're "at maintenance" either way, because the end net result is that you end up at that 2500 calorie mark. To burn fat, you need to be below maintenance - it doesn't matter if you do that with cardio, or with a diet deficit.

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)

One benefit of HIIT is that you continue to burn calories for up to 24 hours after you work out due to the EPOC. With this being said, fat burning comes down to ONE thing and that is a caloric deficit.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000) marz123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks a lot for these reply s misc... Cleared up a lot of things that was Also on my mind.

Srs ty