Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000) Aynom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by notorius1 View Post
    You theists seem to blame everything on the inherent imperfection of humans but you quickly praise god for whatever blessing you think you may have received. Are there any theists who maintain some consistency by attributing some evil to god or does that type of intelligence not exist?
    Between all the stereotyping and the relegating of intelligence or a lack thereof based on your own criteria, I'm not sure your question can be answered in the wholesome manner that you want it answered in.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sargamatha View Post
    God did not come from anywhere, he always existed, how is that possible? because outside our world, time does not exist, there's no progress, Time started to exist at the big bang.

Also We all die sooner or later, yes I can't be sure that we don't live after death, but 1: the question in OP was "whats the point of believing" I gave him reason, and the fact that there's 50/50% chance that afterlife exists, I have no clue whats the point of saying there is no afterlife. Besides there are those, including the Surgeon? or something like that, that had a near to death eperience and claimed God exists after that event, whereashe was an atheist before, people that had near death experiences claimed they seen Jesus, including kids. Read on about it, sure you can ignore their confessions of what they saw, and you'll still be left with 50/50 chance, and something that is inevitable: Death

"You don't know this for certain either and assuming it is true, its not exactly perfect for everyone."

I take it you mean not everyone would like to live for eternity? fully agreed, if our lives were to be same in Heaven as on earth, life would become a bargain eventually, and people would rather die than live. But life in Heaven, will be very much different from our lives here

1 Corinthians 2
    However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
    and what no human mind has conceived”
    the things God has prepared for those who love him
    It's hard to explain but once you realize there is no afterlife it makes life that more amazing and things make a little more sense

All you are doing is making yourself feel comfortable with the thought of an afterlife and wasting this one
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The point of believing in God is because God is love, and love is what the majority of people really want deep down in their heart.

runonsentencesareawesome Indivdude's Avatar
    Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    God did not come from anywhere, he always existed, how is that possible? because outside our world, time does not exist, there's no progress, Time started to exist at the big bang.
    Doesn't explain how God simply existed and why the universe couldn't have existed on its own as well. They both have the odd question of how is that possible.

Also We all die sooner or later, yes I can't be sure that we don't live after death, but 1: the question in OP was "whats the point of believing" I gave him reason, and the fact that there's 50/50% chance that afterlife exists, I have no clue whats the point of saying there is no afterlife. Besides there are those, including the Surgeon? or something like that, that had a near to death eperience and claimed God exists after that event, whereashe was an atheist before, people that had near death experiences claimed they seen Jesus, including kids. Read on about it, sure you can ignore their confessions of what they saw, and you'll still be left with 50/50 chance, and something that is inevitable: Death
    I suppose I can see your point about a 50/50 chance with an afterlife but I think you're overestimating here. Plus there are hundreds of versions of an afterlife with different qualifiers for those different versions.

But yes death is inevitable. Like Ben Franklin said, "There's only 2 things in life that's for certain. Death and taxes."

"You don't know this for certain either and assuming it is true, its not exactly perfect for everyone."

I take it you mean not everyone would like to live for eternity? fully agreed, if our lives were to be same in Heaven as on earth, life would become a bargain eventually, and people would rather die than live. But life in Heaven, will be very much different from our lives here
    I meant hell but yes I suppose there are those that wouldn't like the idea of living forever.

1 Corinthians 2
    However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
    and what no human mind has conceived”
    the things God has prepared for those who love him
    That'd be nice. I'd like to see that though.
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

Better listen to this guy. He has the most trustworthy beard I've ever seen. -bigfor15

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

God is the All-Glorious Bahai.Lifter's Avatar
    Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pkahnman View Post
    It's hard to explain but once you realize there is no afterlife it makes life that more amazing and things make a little more sense
    How do you know life is not more amazing to the believer in God?

Also, why be amazed at this life is someone is born with major disabilities? If a child has cancer? If someone is in a prison being tortured every day, like in Iran? There are many reasons to be unamazed with this life, what about those people? What about the starving children in Africa with their bones and ribs popping out, their parents dying of aids, themselves dying from having no food? There is no hope, nothing to hold on to. If this world is an "accident," he can't place his hopes and affection on an "accident" of dust. Well, he can, but it won't amount to anything. The only true source of comfort and hope is God, Lord of all men.

All you are doing is making yourself feel comfortable with the thought of an afterlife and wasting this one
    With the love of God, one has comfort already. Even in the midst of severe tests and trials he is thankful to God and happy. Why is he happy? Because he has spiritual happiness. With spiritual happiness, nothing can bring one down. His happiness isn't dependent on the material things of this fleeting and temporary world of dust.
    "O MAN OF TWO VISIONS! Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved."

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How can something you think you realize make it so amazing? God is all about love, that's really what life is all about.... and you aren't going to get that from other humans because humans are naturally sinful and selfish. Maybe a little, but not like you will from God
    Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.

- 1 Timothy 4:8

Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WilliamBo91 View Post
    The point of believing in God is because God is love, and love is what the majority of people really want deep down in their heart.
    Excellent comment, repped!
    "O MAN OF TWO VISIONS! Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved."

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My family is Roman Chatholic and raised me as such. When I grew up and started to form my own thoughts, I decided I did not believe in god or any religion for that matter.

As I've aged I have come to realize that because I don't believe in god I appreciate things much more than I believe I would have had I stayed a chatholic. Many people want to believe in god, or something after death, because the unknown is very unsettling to the human mind; but, you just have to make due with what you have and live the best you can with the time you have.

You don't needed some beared mystical deity to tell you that.

Just as the poster above me has dodged every single question put before him because he just says, 'Oh I'll be happy in the next life. Nothing here matters."

To me that is a **** way to live, and I can't wait until religion has been breed out of this country and the world.

If you want to worship something, you should start with the Earth which gave us all ife and continues to support us millions of years later.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love without God though^

Originally Posted by Bahai.Lifter View Post

Also, why be amazed at this life is someone is born with major disabilities? If a child has cancer? If someone is in a prison being tortured every day, like in Iran? There are many reasons to be unamazed with this life, what about those people? What about the starving children in Africa with their bones and ribs popping out, their parents dying of aids, themselves dying from having no food? There is no hope, nothing to hold on to. If this world is an "accident," he can't place his hopes and affection on an "accident" of dust. Well, he can, but it won't amount to anything. The only true source of comfort and hope is God, Lord of all men.

With the love of God, one has comfort already. Even in the midst of severe tests and trials he is thankful to God and happy. Why is he happy? Because he has spiritual happiness. With spiritual happiness, nothing can bring one down. His happiness isn't dependent on the material things of this fleeting and temporary world of dust.
    You didnt answer my question

Do you think im in hell? do you think i will be closer to hell when i die?

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

I love without God

and i'm happy without this God
    Well then, that's good to hear you're happy.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

I don't know anything about you.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000) tats27 is a name known to all. (+5000)

So you're saying, starving, dying children should find joy in a god who created them as such?

Ok, well the question I have is if God is pure, unconditional love, why do you not love that? If your so full of "love", why do you not love the idea of something being pure, unconditional love? Biblically when someone rejects God they are rejecting love and choosing darkness... that's what hell is, when you reject love like that because you would rather have selfish motives.

- Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

- Colossians 2:8
    Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.

Originally Posted by tats27 View Post
    So you're saying, starving, dying children should find joy in a god who created them as such?
    Makes more sense than being happy about the suffering itself and this dark life if they are all part of one big "accident." There is no hope from this darkness, no source of solace and succor, other than God.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

All beings are in 'hell' as this existence is continuous suffering that we are stuck into until awakening to true reality. Not a perceived reality like you possess right now.

I love without God

and i'm happy without this God
    That is a choice. But remember that people who put their faith in God or Nirvana are gravitating towards something permanent in nature - infinite - timeless. As a self-proclaimed atheist, it is very likely that you put your faith in impermanent things and lack understanding to the causes of your own 'hell', or self-inflicted suffering.

all conditioned things are impermanent
    all conditioned things are unsatisfactory
    all things are not self
    when one sees this with wisdom
    one turns away from suffering
    -the Dhammapada

Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Life is amazing regardless of one's belief. I'm not sure if life is more amazing or not one way or the other. However, I still think life is amazing and great. I will admit I'm not tortured everyday though so there's that.

I've responded to one of your statements very similar to this one but you never responded back. Maybe you will this time.

The mere fact that one exists is amazing. One does not need to believe in god or any sort of one to believe that life is amazing or to be grateful that one exists at all. Plus I like the fact that I exist. I'll admit I don't have mounds of money or mansions or 21" biceps (yet) but you make it sound like people who don't believe in god act completely entitled. Some do sure but that does not extend to all and not all atheists are pissed off that we're not rich, with mansions and the hottest wife to grace the universe.

We'd like that sure but its not like we're royally pissed off that life isn't as great as possible. The mere fact that one exists is great.

Course then you get circumstances like starvation in Asia and Africa where millions do not have food to eat that day or the next. The problem is man can solve it and that's our own nature and problems there. However, man has done far more than any god in solving diseases and disabilities. We have vaccines that halt certain diseases, we have medicine to cure people of horrible afflictions, and tools and therapy to help with various disabilities.

In fact, if it were not for man, I wouldn't be able to hear anything right now. My eyesight would be halved. I do not rage at the heavens or nature or my parents or whoever/whatever people think I should rage at for my issues. Others have it far worse than I do. I understand I am in the unique position of being in the right place and time for having my issues understood and helped. If I were born 100 years ago or more in a different land, I'd be considered deaf and dumb. And I most certainly would be (because of varying issues but that's a different topic).
    I bet if that man was tortured everyday, his happiness would be quite fleeting.
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

Better listen to this guy. He has the most trustworthy beard I've ever seen. -bigfor15

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

All these atheist who want to disprove God so badly... it's not a matter of whether we can scientifically prove God or the resurrection of Jesus...

It's a matter of why are they not full of joy? And full of love? Why are the Christians the ones devoting their lives to other people, whereas the atheists are living for only themselves? What are the atheists REALLY fighting against?

Originally Posted by Indivdude View Post
    Life is amazing regardless of one's belief. I'm not sure if life is more amazing or not one way or the other. However, I still think life is amazing and great. I will admit I'm not tortured everyday though so there's that.
    Life may be "amazing," but amazing isn't something you can put your reliance on. An accident is an accident, it has no meaning, it cannot help you, it has no will or intelligence or life, it is something dead. There is no hope in something dead, no solace from something dead; it's of no consequence, it cannot help us in any way.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

All these atheist who want to disprove God so badly... it's not a matter of whether we can scientifically prove God or the resurrection of Jesus...

It's a matter of why are they not full of joy? And full of love? Why are the Christians the ones devoting their lives to other people, whereas the atheists are living for only themselves? What are the atheists REALLY fighting against?
    Are you trolling? pls go

What does you're religion teach you about people that don't believe in what you believe in?
    The Bible says to love everyone unconditionally no matter what they do or what they believe in

It seems that 'believers' will simply restate the same trite reasons / excuses over and over.

I shouldn't have gotten sucked into this thread.

What does you're religion teach you about people that don't believe in what you believe in?

You said people who dont except God will be closer to hell. Did you not?
    Hell itself is a spiritual state. It is not a physical place. Hell is being far from God, by the Bah' definition. I am not God and don't know what is in your heart and what your intentions are, or how close you are to Him. No human can tell you that, no man is omniscient.

I want better for the world and i try to be a good person but i don't believe in this God
    Then again, good to hear you're happy with what you have.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The point?

Nothing, absolutely nothing OP, don't do it...

Feel better?

Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sargamatha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    God is pure, God is not only love. God is life, and life is real, is it not?
    "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:38-39

R.I.P Zyzz, Father of Aesthetics

*Tekken Crew*
    *Gamer crew*
    *Christian brah crew*

God is pure, God is not only love. God is life, and life is real, is it not?
    God is love, and God gives us life. I wouldn't say God IS life, but the Bible does say god is ALIVE and eternal. I'm not sure what you mean?

Life may be "amazing," but amazing isn't something you can put your reliance on. An accident is an accident, it has no meaning, it cannot help you, it has no will or intelligence or life, it is something dead. There is no hope in something dead, no solace from something dead; it's of no consequence, it cannot help us in any way.
    Reliance? Who says you have to rely on something? You seems you want something to rely on rather than on yourself.

Plus what about your family, your friends? You don't find some meaning, some help there? It shouldn't be your whole life but really? You see nothing as important or meaningful in your own life if god doesn't exist?
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reliance? Who says you have to rely on something? You seems you want something to rely on rather than on yourself.
    "Therefore, be ye an island unto yourself, a refuge unto yourself, seeking no external refuge; with the Teaching as your island, the Teaching your refuge, seeking no other refuge." -Cunda Sutta

teaching = dharma = truth

Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    "Therefore, be ye an island unto yourself, a refuge unto yourself, seeking no external refuge; with the Teaching as your island, the Teaching your refuge, seeking no other refuge." -Cunda Sutta

teaching = dharma = truth
    "Let me go ahead and share alittle something special with you that i like to call Perry's perspective: one, if someone is standing in front of me in line at the coffee shop and can't decide what they want in the half hour it took to get to the register then i should be allowed to kill them; two, i am fairly sure that if they took porn off the internet, there would only be one website left and it would be called bring back the porn; three, and most importantly of all, the only way to be respected as a doctor and a man is to be an island, you are born alone, you damn sure die alone. isn't that right spike? the point is, and you might want to jot this down, only the weak need help."

-Dr. Cox

teaching = scrubs = laughter
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

So we are our own gods? Should a serial killer, a serial raper, or some other deranged person rely on himself? Should he follow what is in his heart, which is saying to him "brah, kill kill kill!"

Plus what about your family, your friends? You don't find some meaning, some help there? It shouldn't be your whole life but really? You see nothing as important or meaningful in your own life if god doesn't exist?
    Family and even friends can always change. Besides the fact that friends are seeking their own comfort and advantage, not to mention (especially these days) families—especially the abusive and dysfunctional ones. Not saying those are bad things to rely on, but ultimately the source of love and true reliance itself is God. God is entirely selfless, men are not. God is our true protector and helper.

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If belief in God is founded upon one's own experiences, then the point is that you know God exists. If belief is founded on blind faith...well, I don't think even God wants anyone to do that.

We evolved to look at reality in a particular way, one geared to our survival in the physical world. Our senses don't allow us to perceive God as being able to do so wasn't essential to our survival. So one can only hope to experience God, much as Arjuna spoke to Lord Krishna (personal experience), said knowledge being totally subjective and unprovable to any one else.
    “From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...”