LaVey6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile College certificates vs personal trainer certifications

Hi guys I just wanted to learn from your point of view about the importance and/ or value of college certificates as well as personal training certification for this profession. And of course if you consider that one is more important than the other. I will be glad if you join.

pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out the sticky 'QUESTION: Which certificates are the best?'

Ctrl+F type in college.

There's a lot of useful info in that thread m8. Good luck!
    -=The Abyss Of Humanity, Is The Abyss Of Your Own Soul=-
    -=Always rep back=-

Dirty Bulk Crew
    ROC City Crew
    Lunk Crew

PHUK PLANET FITNESS

LaVey6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks!

Thanks, I'll check

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    degree > any basic trainer cert. cscs>degree

Endorphin Addiction.... DBLBacn's Avatar
    DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000) DBLBacn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Almost all places require a cert to work, and they help you learn what you need to know to truly train people (not everything mind you but a lot). A degree in exercise science or a similar field is another great way to go and can definitely help boost your credentials, job prospects, and pay rate. The more certifications you have the more you are likely to make and the better trainer you will be.
    ACE CPT
    NASM CPT
    Personal Trainer - Lifetime Athletic, Sandy Springs, GA

weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It ultimately depends on your goals and how far you want to take your educational training. Most gym will take basic certifications like ACE, etc. But if you want to be regarded as an expert in your field that a physician would even recommend clients to you then get that degree!

I have my ACSM personal trainer certification. Man was it tough! Passed on the second try. I run my own successful business with just that and a business background. I have the eTextbook version of the ACSM personal trainer certification books and the NASM certification book. If anybody is interested just PM me or check out the link in my signature below :-)

weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DBLBacn View Post
    Almost all places require a cert to work, and they help you learn what you need to know to truly train people (not everything mind you but a lot). A degree in exercise science or a similar field is another great way to go and can definitely help boost your credentials, job prospects, and pay rate. The more certifications you have the more you are likely to make and the better trainer you will be.
    yep what he said!