Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) out2lunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my personal favorite is eating on weekends at restaurants aound friends and family, ill order water w/ lemon and a salad or chix or fish and they always have to sneer at me ... "why u always have to eat healthy" and then some other comments, meanwhile they are all slightly overweight....

its sad that its so "normal" in the USA to drink a 32oz soda and have a bucket of fried chicken and french fries and call that a meal, PUKE! id rather take their comments as jealousy and enjoy my low fat, high protein tuna steak... mmmm

pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I became a Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrionist.

People see me eating a can of tuna or coming back from the breakroom with a protein shake. Sometimes they ask how I excericise and why I eat like I do.

I give them a business card and tell them the consulation is free.

I charge $75/hr and believe I am worth every cent.
    2.Respect newbies. A lot to ask, I know, especially if they don't read the board rules. But please, do not flame them. Point out there mistake in a proper and to the point manner (the shorter the better, as stupid questions are never in short supply) and point them to the correct places to find the correct information. Rules, FAQ’s and the search button. -Board Protocol by BC

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ppl actually pay you 75 an hour? why??
    *** BMB Founder and President ***

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jehst
    ppl actually pay you 75 an hour? why??
    Because most people are not like us. They do not frequent forums or care to research nutrition and training. These same people often lack the motivation or discipline required. I provide all of those things and more for my clients.

I know people who charge double that rate.
    2.Respect newbies. A lot to ask, I know, especially if they don't read the board rules. But please, do not flame them. Point out there mistake in a proper and to the point manner (the shorter the better, as stupid questions are never in short supply) and point them to the correct places to find the correct information. Rules, FAQ’s and the search button. -Board Protocol by BC

Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris2512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

haha i know what it's like for you guys--it sucks. if i hit a road block i just mention jack lalanne, who's worked out every day for the last 74 years, is 90+ and looks in his 50s and is still cut as, and can do 100 pushups without much trouble. i say that i wouldn't being as close as possible to that at his age, and it keeps them quiet

Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KeepintheFaith
    Good day everyone! I've got a question of something that gets me a bit upset and want to see if this happens to you. Okay, I have made large strides on changing my appearance for the better and I have gleened tons of good info from this forum (and some from the other BB.com forums). Now, people who know me get curious to how I've pulled this off and probe me for health/nutrition info primarily at work. I love instructing them and advising them but in the process of dispensing thorough and proper advice, some who happen to hear me (generally the ones who don't ask for the advice) talk about my knowledge feel the need to say smart arse comments. Often the comments are based in the "he thinks he knows it all" or "that's all he talks about" category. That is NOT the case but it doesn't take much to get pegged with a template. Yes, I do speak about these things a good bit and I do apply myself to reach my goals. As anyone who goes up the fitness scale can attest, the higher you go the more dedication and effort you must put forth. Well I am here to say that I am DAMN tired of these haters! Even IF that is what I do and talk about 24 hours a day, 7 days a week what business is it of theirs? I am not about to give wrong or half-arsed information to those who want to learn and ask me for help, so the haters can basically bite me. I am wondering if the rest of you have to deal with this crap and if so, how do you go about dealing with it? Thanks for any replies!!!
    yea, alot of people don't know and don't care about following a good diet and exercise and they probably think you are being arrogant...and alot of people are overweight and are happy...and some are overweight and sad, but still don't want to hear the fitness stuff because it never works for them

after all, there is more to life than being in shape...and alot of people have so much stress and responsibility, they don't put eating good and lifting weights in the top level of importance.

But if you enjoy the lifestyle like I do, it becomes a hobby, and sometimes I shoot the breeze with one of my coworkers that also lifts weights.

Out of an office of 200 people, I think me and him and one other guy are the only ones that bodybuild...so we are in a minority, and our ideas seem like some alien culture to most people

qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    exactly new2lifting! fitness is a hobby just as much as its a lifestyle and we need like minded people to fully enjoy our hobbies. ever been around huge sports fans who talk about their favorite so and so and you have no idea what they are talking about? its just that some hobbies are more accepted than others. i think the worst is being accused of taking steroids. wether you are or not, its just not a terribly fun question.

keep in mind that not everyone here knows the difference between a bogey and a carborator. just imagine how foreign the term deadlift or acronyms like hiit and liss can be. ahwell, some people just dont get it.
    *********DISCOUNT CODES********* save money and support bodybuilding.com!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=49461171&postcount=65

*********DISCOUNT CODES********* save money and support bodybuilding.com!

"Having a long or frequent memory for mistakes and a short or infrequent memory for successes is a guaranteed way to develop fear of failure. High achievers dwell on what they do well and spend very little time evaluating themselves and their performances."

-Dr. John Eliot

adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrian312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I do enjoy talking about dieting/fitness/weight lifting with others, especially my workout partner, we spend time daily just talking about progress, goals, and various things about what we are doing. Others listening in, who do not bodybuild think that all we talk about is lifting, which I understand from their viewpoint.

I also look at this as a hobby as well as a lifestylpe, except this hobby betters yourself inside and out, you feel good, and look great.

I have come across many types of people that comment on my lifestyle.

1.) Generally positive people, saying I am doing great and ask questions on what they should do. (they never end up implementing my suggestions, simply because of laziness or lack of motivation)

2.) People who look at me , i give advice, and they dont think my advice is correct, and want to do their own thing, I only met a few like this, not many.

3) People who say I already look good enough, I dont need to do lose weight, etc...

I havent found anyone yet who is willing to give it all, and follow a progream for more than just a couple weeks...
    my cutting up thread...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=721828

2007 Cut Start Date: 1/2/07.
    Height: 5'5
    Starting weight (Feb 2006): 174 lbs. ~19% bf
    Current weight: 155 lbs. around 10-11% bf

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I run into people like that all the time. They are also major saboteurs always offering you some fat, sugar and sodium laden crap and act all offended when you turn it down. Then when you see them again they say with a smirk, "So how's your diet going?" I tell them with a big smile on my face, "It's going GREAT! I added 10 pounds to my bench presses!" That will usually shut them up. Oh and me being a woman these are the same type of people that'll go on to lecture me about how women weren't meant to have muscles and a six pack. I just tell them, "Hey I like being able to open my damn pickle jar."

Was about 300, no longer! KeepintheFaith's Avatar
    KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone, thanks for the recent comments. The advice is good.
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy - Winston Churchill...losing fat is like fighting a war!

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You know, the more I think of this thread the more pissed off I'm getting. I usually try and be as cheery as possible but sometimes one has to vent and I guess it's better that I do it here than pop the next person who puts down my lifestyle in the mouth *lol*. I am so sick of hearing, "Oh you're just seeing results because of your genetics, my genetics prevents me from losing fat and gaining muscle." as they put another candy bar/donut/burger/chips/etc in their mouth.

Some people think it's just so damn easy for me, they don't realize the nights where I am so sore that just getting up to go to the bathroom takes every bit of energy I have (and from all the water that I drink having to get up is frequent) and sometimes the pain keeps me up night. They don't see the times where the lactic acid buildup almost makes me puke during lifting, they don't realize how much I sweat and force my legs to keep moving during HIIT and that it takes every bit of determination I have not to collapse. Yet, it's just my damn genetics right? *Rolls eyes*

Also I have noticed that other women (the non fit ones, the fit ones are very friendly to me) are NASTIER to me now that I am looking really fit, not friends or relatives... I mean complete strangers, especially chubby checkout girls and customer service people. I try and be a nice person, I usually have a smile for everybody, I say please and thank you and act humble yet they are so freaking nasty to me. They go out of their way to ignore my outstretched hand and drop my change on the counter or completely screw up my order. For example if I stress that I want a plain grilled chicken on whole wheat with no mayo and a salad without dressing what they bring me will be a chicken on white with mayo, bacon and cheese and then they get really nasty when I point out the error. I have come to the conclusion that all bodybuilders and fitness freaks need to start our own exclusive community *lol*.

Was about 300, no longer! KeepintheFaith's Avatar
    KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jassdolly
    You know, the more I think of this thread the more pissed off I'm getting. I usually try and be as cheery as possible but sometimes one has to vent and I guess it's better that I do it here than pop the next person who puts down my lifestyle in the mouth *lol*. I am so sick of hearing, "Oh you're just seeing results because of your genetics, my genetics prevents me from losing fat and gaining muscle." as they put another candy bar/donut/burger/chips/etc in their mouth.

Some people think it's just so damn easy for me, they don't realize the nights where I am so sore that just getting up to go to the bathroom takes every bit of energy I have (and from all the water that I drink having to get up is frequent) and sometimes the pain keeps me up night. They don't see the times where the lactic acid buildup almost makes me puke during lifting, they don't realize how much I sweat and force my legs to keep moving during HIIT and that it takes every bit of determination I have not to collapse. Yet, it's just my damn genetics right? *Rolls eyes*

Also I have noticed that other women (the non fit ones, the fit ones are very friendly to me) are NASTIER to me now that I am looking really fit, not friends or relatives... I mean complete strangers, especially chubby checkout girls and customer service people. I try and be a nice person, I usually have a smile for everybody, I say please and thank you and act humble yet they are so freaking nasty to me. They go out of their way to ignore my outstretched hand and drop my change on the counter or completely screw up my order. For example if I stress that I want a plain grilled chicken on whole wheat with no mayo and a salad without dressing what they bring me will be a chicken on white with mayo, bacon and cheese and then they get really nasty when I point out the error. I have come to the conclusion that all bodybuilders and fitness freaks need to start our own exclusive community *lol*.
    Wow Jass, now tell us what you really think next time! I hear ya' though. If you were large you'd have mean spirited folks doing rotten things to you as well. I imagine that if you're going to have people do snide things to you anyway then you may as well be on the receiving end for all the right reasons than all the wrong reasons. It is interesting in a way to observe certain behaviors that you receive. In my case, I have had the knowledge of behaviors aimed at both sides of the equation so I guess I have an added amount of interest in this subject. Keep up the good work though!
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy - Winston Churchill...losing fat is like fighting a war!

Thanks Keepinthefaith. I plan on keeping this up till I'm dead and buried, even then I hope to God that heaven has a gym. A really good one with a free unlimited juice bar where the Myoplex runs like water hahahaha. People definitely are strange creatures and it just boggles my mind that some of them like to project their negativity onto others over something they can change if they were willing to put in the effort. Ah, such is life though.