Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Please critique my pics

Let me know what you all think and what things I need to do.
    Attached Images
    I will not stop until I conquer the mountian and if I shall fall I will climb my ass back up! This is my destiny!

Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Byrd_13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    another
    Attached Images
    I will not stop until I conquer the mountian and if I shall fall I will climb my ass back up! This is my destiny!

another one
    Attached Images

another (not the greatest quality pic)
    Attached Images

last one
    Attached Images

chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice mass bro!

I'm not one to say anything because you're a lot bigger then me, but looks like your chest is lagging a little behind your other bodyparts.

Also, didn't see any pics of the wheels!

What are your stats looking like?

My chest is lagging a bit. I hit it as hard as I can but it seems to be the hardest thing for me to get to grow. I have only been training for 1 1/2 yrs. My legs are quite a long story. I'll keep it short. About 2 years ago some drugged up idiot broke into my parents house and held my mother with a knife to her throat. He didn't see me, I tried to sneak up behind him and as I went to choke him from behind he sliced my chest open. We wrestled around and I got the knife away from him and stabbed him in the stomach 3 times. In all that I somehow tore my ACL. Long story I know but at least my mom was ok. My stats are: 6'1 210
    Arms: 16' I don't really know any of my other stats. I haven't measured much b/c I'm not where I want to be. I only measured arms b/c my girl wanted to know. What suggestions do you guys have for me?

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Whoa! That's a rough story!

One of the reasons your chest doesn't stand out as prominently is simply due to your bodyfat percentage. Give yourself some time. You're definitely making progress, particularly after having an invasive pec injury 2 years ago. What do you normally do for chest?

Sweet gym set up you have there too. Do you have a regular spotter for chest? That may help you get beyond a plateau. Having someone to spot you so you can hit 2 more reps to failure makes a big difference in the long term.

Keep up the good work. And good work protecting your Mom. More mom's need to have sons as devoted as you. I know if I were in a similar situation, I would've likely done the same thing.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

Thanks for the nice comments. I think that anyone would've done the same thing. I usually have a spotter. My chest workout looks like this: 3 sets 8 reps flat BB Bench, 3 sets 8 reps Incline DB or BB Bench, 3 sets 8 reps Decline DB Bench, 2 sets 8 reps Cable Crossovers, 2 sets 8 reps Flat DB flyes. Please critique. I want to do this so bad, it is my dream to just get on stage and win a contest. BTW, I am bulking right now. What things can I do to better shape and mold my chest?

Fckin Catalina Wine Mixa! Fletch's Avatar
    Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Byrd_13
    Thanks for the nice comments. I think that anyone would've done the same thing. I usually have a spotter. My chest workout looks like this: 3 sets 8 reps flat BB Bench, 3 sets 8 reps Incline DB or BB Bench, 3 sets 8 reps Decline DB Bench, 2 sets 8 reps Cable Crossovers, 2 sets 8 reps Flat DB flyes. Please critique. I want to do this so bad, it is my dream to just get on stage and win a contest. BTW, I am bulking right now. What things can I do to better shape and mold my chest?
    Make sure you mix up the rep ranges every few weeks. This will keep the muscle shocked. Also, experiment with changing the order of the exercises. I now do predominantly dummbell exercises and start with incline dummbell press whereas I used to start with barbell flat bench.

I recommend starting your workout with a compound movement that is at an angle that you are needing the most work. If it's your upper chest...do incline. Lower chest?...decline. etc.

Best of luck!

- Fletch
    Find us on ********!
    http://www.********.com/pages/Tampa-Teddy-Wireless/177454788957743

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Byrd_13
    Hmmm... do you intentionally stop at 8 repetitions or do you try to push yourself for 9 or 10? I found that some people stop at 8 or 10, thinking it's a magic number. What you should do is focus on momentary muscular failure. If you can get the muscle to fail between the 10th and 12th repetition, you've found the weight that will stimulate growth in the muscle. Failure is basically the inability to move the weight with good form. You've basically exhausted the muscle's ATP stores and it can no longer contract.

To find out what your failure zone is (you'll need a strong/competent spotter for this), put on the weight you normally use and just rep it out until you can't physically move the weight anymore. If you're getting to 15 without feeling a burn, the weight way too light. You should start to feel the burn near the 8th repetition. If you can do 12 with no problem, the weight is still too light. If you fail at 6 reps, the weight is too heavy to train the endurance fibers.

Some people have more endurance fibers (slow twitch) in certain muscle groups than strength fibers (fast twitch). Perhaps your chest has more endurance fibers than strength fibers and you need to burn those out to get a response. I found that my chest responded best to the 8-12 rep range. I alternate workouts doing 6-8 reps on occassion, but the majority of my workouts are in the 8-12. I gradually increase the poundages I use so that I stay in that range. So when I started out, 135-155 lbs. was my 8-12 range, now (14 years later) 205-225 is my 8-12 range.

Also, make sure you hit chest from different angles. Incline is the hardest for most people because the clavicular head of the pectoral is relatively small compared to the rest of the chest. So, I devoted a year or more on making sure my incline bench improved. I started off with Incline in each chest workout so that I was guaranteed to be at my highest energy level when I did them.

There are also other tricks you can do with your workout, but those are the big ones. Try it and let me know what you think.

- Skip
    Last edited by Abdominator; 01-21-2003 at 07:23 AM.
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

jdjordan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u look hardcore man u can really tell u have a great base to work from i would suggest to kepp doing what u r doing and when u want to cut u will lokk truly awesome

I appreciate all the feedback. This helps keep me motivated. This and the fact that if I ever am put in the situation that I was in before I'll be ready. Abdominator- Your suggestions are very helpful. I'll try them out on my next chest workout and see what happens. This is my current weekly routine:
    Sunday-Chest
    Monday-Bi's and Tri's
    Tuesday-Back and Lats
    Wed.-Legs
    Thurs.-Shoulders and Traps
    Friday-OFF
    Saturday-Abs/Cardio

Can you recommend any change in this as well?

BTW-(Abdominator) Your pics look great! Ripped up and ready to go! I'll be there someday!

Would you bros suggest that I do my workouts on a 4 day split then a day off, then repeat it again? I'm looking for new ways to stimulate growth.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    your head looks like Rico from WWE

good pics bro
    nize size

Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well looks like you have a good start, sorta resembles me. me and you have been working out about the same length of time, i have a little bit longer, not much though. well what i would say you need to work on the most would be chest (same as me so dont worry, it will come along), then back, dont know what to tell you to focus more on for your back, whether it be width or thickness but they both need lots of work, especially if you are bulking. thinner waist, but i wouldnt worry bout that now. then lastly i would say your tricep and your back delt need some work, oh and dont forget about those forearms man. make sure your work them specifically with your arm day. Also as a shocker to your chest i would truthfully up the sets. right now you are only getting 13 sets total, you should wanna try and get anywhere from 15-20 sets total. i actually try and do 21 sets.also i like to go with all dumbell but that is my prefrance. from the sound of it you sound like a big guy though. also what is your diet like? and what all do u do for your back routine. maybe i can help yea there, back is my favorite to work. well good luck. and welcome to the boards.
    "To be the physically elite, you need to be physically complete."
    1 month's membership to a gym:$50
    month's supply of creatine:$29.99
    an issue of Muscle and Fitness:$5.99
    nike workout gloves:$19.99
    posing in the mirror with great satisfaction:Priceless

Lifting ain't nothing till you've held a girl over your head with one hand

"Compliments kill a bodybuilber, crticism builds one"

Registered User growing ectomor's Avatar
    growing ectomor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool story i can see your scar under your left nip

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    looking good. arms, delts are good. traps are eally good. areas to work on would be back in generaland chest. I will give you some more suggestions later today when I have more time to type.
    Ben

nynsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Upper body pretty good although chest is a little flat.
    You are even looking pretty good in the upper abs but the lower abs seem to have more roll than cuts watch the calories and up the cardio. Kind of looks like a beer belly???
    don't forget beer and working out don't mix.

damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fk'n soild Build Bro!

Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

You look awesome d00, i remember i used to have side burns like those, good times,

anywho, i say your chest is laggin', but you should add more cardio, 3-5 days a week, early in the morning.

once you cut up, you'll be fuggin...cut. lol.
    ||Steeler||

Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    btw thats my old weight bench!!!
    ||Steeler||

Well thanks for the comments. Man, when I ask for criticism I sure got it. lol But that's good, it only motivates me more. As far as the beer belly thing goes, I don't drink!! I prolly won't post anymore pics for awhile b/c the whole bodyfat thing bothers me, but my next pics will be a lot less bodyfat. And for CHISLE, my back routine looks like this: 3 sets of 8-10 reps Front Lat Pull-Downs
    3 sets of 8-10 reps of Behing the head Lat Pull-Downs, 3 sets of Seated cable rows 8-12 reps, 3 sets of 1 arms rows 8-10 sets. What suggestions do you have for that? As far as chest goes I'll take any advice b/c I hit it hard and apparently nothing!

Kick up on some intense cardio, watch your diet and I am sure you will be happy with the results. Don't let the BF discourage you, it's all part of the process.

Judging by the comments on my chest it obviously needs to be somewhat of a focal point. After looking at my pics can anyone suggest a workout that would help me acheive a chest that will be more proportional with my body? I have upped my sets to around 21 sets per chest workout to try to force them to grow. I was wondering what I excercises I can do to attain optimal growth in both mass and overall fullness.

Do power sets of flats, incline and decline with dumbells.
    Try doing 3 sets of 6 upping weight each round.
    Focus on your form, make your chest feel the reps. Keep the lifts out of your arms. Make your chest work for the pump.

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chest looks fine. I was gonna say work on arms, and your huge.
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6

notverybigguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn byrd, strange how that guy didnt see you behind him, you juggernaut