Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User AnabolicMaximus's Avatar
    AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow DAMN! Franco benching 435lb with his feet not even touching the ground!!

thats crazy.. you get a lot of power from feet placing on the ground

Last edited by AnabolicMaximus; 12-08-2007 at 01:57 PM.

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnabolicMaximus View Post
    thats crazy.. you get a lot of power from feet placing on the ground
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...en-us%26sa%3DG
    Only if you're pushing through your feet while benching... which would be super retarded.

Linko no goodo too.
    Novice Athletic Tall winner and Overall Athletic winner
    at the 2014 NABBA Waikato Champs.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.

Insert custom user title mark118's Avatar
    mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i cant get the actual image - shame because the thumbnail looks awesome
    ** I rep back **

If I havent repped back within a week, PM me, i'm on recharge now but working n it

AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicMaximus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dpugh View Post
    Only if you're pushing through your feet while benching... which would be super retarded.

Linko no goodo too.
    fixed... actually you are wrong.. look at all powerlifters they all get a good placing and position their feeet.. you are pushing off the ground - having your feet anchored in the ground helps push upwards.. (if it didnt matter why wouldnt powerlifters or anyone lifting heavy weight simply let their feet dangle off the bench?)

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fixed... actually you are wrong.. look at all powerlifters they all get a good placing and position their feeet.. you are pushing off the ground - having your feet anchored in the ground helps push upwards.. (if it didnt matter why wouldnt powerlifters or anyone lifting heavy weight simply let their feet dangle off the bench?)
    Riiiiiight. Now I'm no powerlifter or pro bb but i have pushed 270lbs for 2 without a spot and i can safely say in my 4 years of lifting that the only thing my feet help me do on the bench is stop my body rolling to the side a little. I wouldn't say that I get any extra power by doing so. If you're PUSHING through your feet you're cheating your chest buddy.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually you are wrong in terms of bodybuilding. Powerlifters are worried about moving the most weight, but in Bodybuilding you want to maximally overload the targeted muscle which in the case of bench press is Chest. And Driving through your feet cheats your chest of workload.

Riiiiiight. Now I'm no powerlifter or pro bb but i have pushed 270lbs for 2 without a spot and i can safely say in my 4 years of lifting that the only thing my feet help me do on the bench is stop my body rolling to the side a little. I wouldn't say that I get any extra power by doing so. If you're PUSHING through your feet you're cheating your chest buddy.
    hmm, perhaps not 'pushing' with your feet, but I definitely like to get a good grip on the ground when pushing heavy weight.. and by no means has my chest suffered because of it (or anyone I know for that matter) or perhaps, as you say, it is more of a stability and control factor - whatever the case it does not negate the fact that this photo is impressive because he lacks whatever element and benefit we attribute to having the ability to have our feet well placed on the ground - ultimately making his lift that much more impressive, in my eyes at least.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hmm, perhaps not 'pushing' with your feet, but I definitely like to get a good grip on the ground when pushing heavy weight.. and by no means has my chest suffered because of it (or anyone I know for that matter) or perhaps, as you say, it is more of a stability and control factor - whatever the case it does not negate the fact that this photo is impressive because he lacks whatever element and benefit we attribute to having the ability to have our feet well placed on the ground - ultimately making his lift that much more impressive, in my eyes at least.
    I do agree that it would make it tougher to stabilize with your feet hanging there rather than being planted.

Franco is a beast! his chest was freaky! anyone know the code to paste pictures on here?

Squats on the trampoline FatAzz's Avatar
    FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ofcourse having the feet on the ground helps! Thats why in powerlifting you cannot get your a$$ off the bench - otherwise you would be using your legs a lot.

Keeping the back flat and legs up will maximally involve the chest. But is it worth the risk ?

Anyway, franco is not using his feet because he cannot. He is short.

Franco is a beast! his chest was freaky! anyone know the code to paste pictures on here?
    [IMG]image adress[/IMG]

boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For a powerlifting bench you are supposed to try to 'drive your feet through the floor'. But powerlifting is about hoisting enormous ammounts of weight, no isolating a single muscle group or anything.
    "Everybody's worried about overtraining. Sheesh. Push it, blast it, no tiptoeing through the fields of metal" - Dave Draper

but I definitely like to get a good grip on the ground when pushing heavy weight..
    That's more like it.

From the mouths of bros.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boring06 View Post
    For a powerlifting bench you are supposed to try to 'drive your feet through the floor'. But powerlifting is about hoisting enormous ammounts of weight, no isolating a single muscle group or anything.
    benching more weight is going to put more overload on your chest even if the drive comes from your legs...same reason you see bbers use ****ty rom, they get more reps out, more weight, and thus more overload.

30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you don't get power from placing your feet on the ground, you get balance
    No regrets, only lessons learnt.

Above average aas abuser. sikboy's Avatar
    sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    thats crazy.. you get a lot of power from feet placing on the ground http://www.criticalbench.com/images/Franco-Columbu.jpg
    lol at his feet.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

If i cant be the best i can be, i dont want to be.

Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.

IM THE NEGGERNAUT BITCH!!

DONT PM ME ABOUT WHERE TO GET GEAR OR ANCILLARIES, I DONT KNOW YOU AND I WILL FORWARD YOUR PM TO A MOD!

I am immortal
    I have inside me blood of kings
    I have no rival
    No man can be my equal
    Take me to the future of new earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 30/7/66 View Post
    I wouldnt suggest posting that in the pling section if you want to stay in the green

Ooooooooooh Yeahhhhhhhhhh TheNaturalTank's Avatar
    TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNaturalTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 30/7/66 View Post

Squats on the trampoline FatAzz's Avatar
    FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatAzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You contradicted yourself. First you say it doesn't help, then you say it does .

Rock You Like a Hurricane ryuten's Avatar
    ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BB bench press isn't meant as an isolation. all those people i see putting their feet up at the gym are fooling themselves.

Originally Posted by ryuten View Post
    BB bench press isn't meant as an isolation. all those people i see putting their feet up at the gym are fooling themselves.
    thats true... if that were the case (and following the logic that it is 'isolation') wouldnt it be even better to simply use machines - which help to 'isolate' the chest? - of course not... end of debate.

boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boring06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ryuten View Post
    True, but people try to turn it into an isolation by raising their feet as you mention. Perhaps that is how a lot of people tear pecs?
    "Everybody's worried about overtraining. Sheesh. Push it, blast it, no tiptoeing through the fields of metal" - Dave Draper

Never Satisfied colombianofreak's Avatar
    colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well we're all stronger on the decline than incline or flat so powerlifters extend their legs as far as possible to distribute the weight on the shoulder blades and as little on the feet and butt. Thats why they arch like a sob while keeping their butt on the bench, but their butt is not holding any appreciable weight whatsoever, it jus to get the green lights. This makes it almost a decline press. There is barely any weight on the buttock area, This will boost your bench about 20-30 lbs

So...yes the way Franco is benching up super hard.
    Last edited by colombianofreak; 12-08-2007 at 02:36 PM.
    "Jay Cutler's last two Olympia victories are equivalent to Ronnie tripping the last 10 meters in a 100 meter race and Jay running past him for the win."- by Ronald R./inspired by Coldfusion

No HOMO certified.

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    I wouldnt suggest posting that in the pling section if you want to stay in the green
    *sigh*

That was pointless.

From the mouths of bros.

*sigh*

That was pointless.
    I guess if you can't understand what I'm inferring then its pointless...

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    I guess if you can't understand what I'm inferring then its pointless...
    Oh I understand 100%

He made the comment that as bodybuilders, pushing through the feet to drive the weight up would be unnecessary, we aint power lifters on this board.
    Last edited by dpugh; 12-08-2007 at 03:48 PM.

From the mouths of bros.

Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awww he can't reach the floor

Above average aas abuser. sikboy's Avatar
    sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Awww he can't reach the floor
    Can someone chop that pic so his feet are moving back and forth frantically searching for the floor?

LOL
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

If i cant be the best i can be, i dont want to be.

Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.

IM THE NEGGERNAUT BITCH!!

DONT PM ME ABOUT WHERE TO GET GEAR OR ANCILLARIES, I DONT KNOW YOU AND I WILL FORWARD YOUR PM TO A MOD!

I am immortal
    I have inside me blood of kings
    I have no rival
    No man can be my equal
    Take me to the future of new earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY

Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000) Martial-Artist is a complete loser! (-2000)

Linko no goodo too.
    ask any powerlifter dude, u drive up through your feet even though they aren't allowed to move.

dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no feel on the ground = harder because the feet normally help stabalize