JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Creatine + Citric Acid???

I take my creatine with a flavored powder that has citric acid in it. does the citric acid make the creatine inactive? i ask this because i hear you shouldn't use creatine w/ orangejuice.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JingleAllTheWAY View Post
    I take my creatine with a flavored powder that has citric acid in it. does the citric acid make the creatine inactive? i ask this because i hear you shouldn't use creatine w/ orangejuice.
    Depends ...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3160641

The speed of degradation is not dependant on the concentration dependant on the pH (the lower the pH, the faster the degradation)
    dependant on the temperature (the higher the temperature, the faster the degradation)

In aqueous solutions creatine is relatively stable for up to 8 hours at 25 C at a pH of 7.5 or 6.5. Breakdown after 3 days at pH 5.5, 4.5, and 3.5 was 4%, 12% and 21%, respectively (Diagram 4).

Degradation of creatine at 25 C, after 0.5 h, 4 h, 8 h, 1 d, 2 d, 3 d at different pH values (7.5, 6.5, 5.5, 4.5, 3.5). The pH value of the tested samples was adjusted to the desired value with 50% acetic acid or 5 M KOH. The pH value of the samples was tested continually during the experiment to make sure that it did not change during the experiment.

The solubility of creatine in aqueous solutions is unchanged even after two days at 4 C, at pH values of 7.0, 6.0, and 5.0.Creatine was very stable after 30 days at pHs of 7.0 and 6.0, too(Diagram 5). If creatine is not used immediately after being dissolved in water, it should be stored at a low temperature to slow down degradation.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Potemkin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this slightly off the point, but I wanted to know are there harmful side-effects of taking creatine?

bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjake64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not as long as you drink enough water ... otherwise its not good for your liver or kidneys ... but just make sure you drink ~1.5 gallons of water a day and ur money
    "Puke ... thats when your done" - Wrestling Coach '07

delusion of grandeur carcinogen's Avatar
    carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    And if you are getting blood work done for a physical, make sure that you tell your doctor that you are taking creatine.

If you dont, I guarantee that he will flip out when he sees your creatinine levels (esp if he doesnt look at the BUN (blood urea nitrogen) numbers).
    Hidden away in a dark corner.