ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question a first bench shirt?

Hi

I am coming back from an armwrestling induced rotator cuff injury at the moment. I am still working this reguarly doing loads of rotations!

I have started benching again heavy only last week, and did 140kg pretty easily. I closely missed 150(330lbs) but only because i lost my groove.

My lockout power is pretty good though, once i get it past a few inches off the chest it goes up smoothly. I would say my triceps are of above average strength so lockout isn't a problem.

I was wondering what would be an ideal bench shirt for me to begin with, i want something to give me extra explosion off my chest as i am looking to complete my goal and bench 182kg(400lbs) by the end of the year. I was thinking of the rage x, what do you all think?

thanks
    Sam Parker
    First British lifter to total 1000kg raw
    420kg squat/260kg bench/340kg pull

KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinStarke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no shirt expert but I just got and used my first bench shirt which is a single ply rage x. Its tight as hell but i got 55 lbs out of it the first time i used it. If your used to bringing the bar low it should suit you well and take my advice, buy it from a seperate provider like Irongladiators instead of directly from Inzer, i've found their customer service blows plus you can customize your shirt a little easier at IG.
    5'4"
    160 lbs BW
    20 y/o

Bench: 425

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

thanks. I saw your vid, most impressive for your weight.
    Sam Parker

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would go with a titan fury. The Inzer RageX single ply still has problems with getting runners in them.

Originally Posted by powerlifter70
    I would go with a titan fury. The Inzer RageX single ply still has problems with getting runners in them.
    ok, i'll look into that!

btw i weigh about 240lbs, does your weight have much to do with what shirt you will find most useful? Sorry i am SUCH a noob when it comes to gear
    Sam Parker

Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mateo_66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would go with a loose fitting titan fury. You must first learn the groove of the shirt before you get a lot out of it. Kevin looked as though he had done tons of practice with his shirted technique before he ever put one on. It is very important to learn the technique before the shirt goes on to avoid injury, bar drops, etc... Remember bar low on the chest, elbows tucked on the descent, and sometimes raising the head helps you to touch a lot easier with a tighter shirt. Also make sure you are in control of the shirt not the other way around. I also recommend tons of bands and chain benches as I feel I have a ton more control over the weights come meet time.
    "Powerlifters put it deeper in the hole."
    "Screw genetics, I'll decide my own potential!"
    Kansas Powerlifters keep in touch here! "http://www.kspowerlifting.proboards104.com/"

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ukstrongman
    ok, i'll look into that!

btw i weigh about 240lbs, does your weight have much to do with what shirt you will find most useful? Sorry i am SUCH a noob when it comes to gear
    I dont think your weight matters much. Its more of a personal feel. Most people lean towards Inzer and Titan. They both make some good gear but they also have some draw backs.

Inzer RageX and Rage-you can get some great numbers with these shirts but they get runners in them very easy. I have owned 6 or 7 RageX's and every one of them got runners in them near the neck line down to the sleeves.

Titan F6 and Fury- Once again, you can get some great numbers out of them but they streach out after one meet. They are what we call throw away shirts. I use a brand new one for every meet I do then use it as a training shirt until it gets a runner. It seems to take about a year to get a runner in one of these. But you will always have one or two that will run on you sooner. You can send it back with in 1.5 years and get a new one no questions asked if you have a runner.

Titan is coming out with the Katana. Basicaly what it is, is a thicker single ply shirt, IPF approved, that wont streach out so quick.

Now these are not the only shirts out there but they are the most popular right now. So you just have to pick and choose and see what works best for you.
    Last edited by powerlifter70; 06-18-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Mateo_66 thanks.

Thank you very much PL70. Great post.

I think after what you have said i am going to look inot a titan fury to begin with.
    Sam Parker

Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eddie Debus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    id go with the RAWGE XX

fruit of the loom makes it.... its this sick new ****in cottom material
    NEW ERA FITNESS
    Contact me at edebus242@hotmail.com for information on working with me on your program and diet plan.

corey_hayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corey_hayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corey_hayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corey_hayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hear wrangler makes some good denim shirts

and walmart has all kinds of sizes fo' cheap
    Best competition lifts

Raw/geared
    1825@220/2200@242
    squat: 725/ 880
    Bench: 425/ 640
    Deadlift: 675/ 680