Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squat flexibility

I'm having problems doing squats with my feet about shoulder width apart like I see in most videos or pictures describing the movement. If I do it that way I have a really hard time to go parallel and deeper, I can only go deep if I put my feet very very wide. How do I fix this? Would I still get the same results?
    I REPresent back.

reps: dvv

Dem_Gnomes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dem_Gnomes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dem_Gnomes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dem_Gnomes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dem_Gnomes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rinkamd View Post
    How do I fix this? Would I still get the same results?
    Stretch. And go deep.

If your ego can't take the hit of repping less weight, then stop now.

There are simple stretches at ExRx (http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Inflexibilities.html) and some more entertaining (complex) stretches at t-nation (http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle....ydra?id=810548)
    under "10 uses for a smith machine."

Start with the basic glute/ham stretches, do them for about 8-10 minutes. You're going to look stupid, and it's going to be painful.

Do light-weight squats to see how close in you can get your legs. Be warned that you are probably going to discover that your muscles aren't comfortable doing the same weight with a narrow stance that you are now doing with a wide stance.

Keep doing the light-weight squats as you bring your feet together until you can't do it right. Find the closest stance you can do, and do it heavy.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Dem Squattin' with a Beer Gut Gnomes
    No MISC. in the weight room!

mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mattholmes1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    goblet squats helped with my deep flexibility. Very good vid:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81301858251744
    Diet is everything
    Mesendo for life!!!!

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattholmes1 View Post
    goblet squats helped with my deep flexibility. Very good vid:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81301858251744
    x2