Thread: neck/ forearms

furiousgweedo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

neck/ forearms

not so much forearms but neck. do you guys do any neck exercises? i see some people do em. they look goofy. but is it really necessary or does the neck get big with other stuff.
    also how bout forearms. how serious do you all work em? like ill do em once a week or sometimes every other week. i see progression without doing them tha much. ive heard that they should get a good enough workout doing other exercises, plus you shouldnt use straps cuz that takes away from the benefit of the forearms. thanks
    lou
    US Army ARMOR, GO CAV!!!
    Airborne
    The only easy day was yesterday

Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: neck/ forearms

Originally posted by furiousgweedo69
    not so much forearms but neck. do you guys do any neck exercises? i see some people do em. they look goofy. but is it really necessary or does the neck get big with other stuff.
    also how bout forearms. how serious do you all work em? like ill do em once a week or sometimes every other week. i see progression without doing them tha much. ive heard that they should get a good enough workout doing other exercises, plus you shouldnt use straps cuz that takes away from the benefit of the forearms. thanks
    lou
    Ya, I have a long skinny neck and would like it to be a tad bigger. Is getting a larger neck feasible?

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: neck/ forearms

Originally posted by furiousgweedo69
    lou

i don't do any neck exercises. it's not necessary imo, unless you have a noticeable thin chicken neck.

i seriously work my forearms just like any other bodypart ^'cept neck, duh

yea you should try and use straps as little as you can, only for like going extremely heavy on deads or somethinglike that....

gettin there has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive thought about neck training, good for being a boxer, that is ...takin punches to the head.

if you have a weak neck, when you get hit your head will whip back,and thats worse on the brain,so train neck i say. they do that in thai land. get a helmet you can strap to your head, and find a way to attach a rope from it, and hang a weight from the other end,move it all sorts of directions.

take it easy with weights though, dont want to kink your neck, you probly dont want a huge neck but not a pencil neck either,but a strong neck might just save your life. gee ill take my own advice and try some neck exercizes tomorrow

Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefullo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In our weight room we have a machine that will strehgthen your neck.

JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustDrew will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by gettin there
    ive thought about neck training, good for being a boxer, that is ...takin punches to the head. they do that in thai land. get a helmet you can strap to your head, and find a way to attach a rope from it, and hang a weight from the other end,move it all sorts of directions.
    I do ameteur fighting occasionally, and I do neck work once a week. The main reson for it is quicker head movements (slips). When I played football in high school, we did neck work 5 days a week. We used a football helmet with a strap bolted to the top and a 25lb plate on it. We also used machines with pneumatic pistons, did neck bridges, and paired up and had a partner give resistance. I was 5'8" 155lbs and had a 16.5" neck.

Now I just do front-to-back and side-to-side movements providing resistance with my own hand... sometimes wrapping a towel around my head as a "handle".
    Tired of the rollercoaster and ready for a constant climb.

gettin there has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that sounds awesome 'just drew'

id like to get into boxing or kick boxing some day. in the past i tried karate and korean martial arts, learned a bit, but it seemed to me it lacked as teaching someone how to defend themselves, and more on tradition and technique,while boxing is more physical, more hands on, closer to real combat....

bruce lee was a firm believer in neck training, not sure if he did wieghted neck exercizes but he did neck bridges with weight..

i suppose a body builder should do neck work if they have a skinny neck, but a serious martail artist or boxer, and other sports will benefit from a stronger neck

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by JustDrew
    [B]When I played football in high school, we did neck work 5 days a weekB]
    I don't think thats such a great idea to work the neck 5 times a week...

EDIT: if your talking about lifting weights, no muscle should be worked 5 days a weeks
    Last edited by holyshinto63; 11-13-2003 at 11:50 AM.
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?