nickliuba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-Workout Stack

Hello Bodybuilding Community,

I need input on the pre-workout stack that I currently take on training days. I've taken several pre-workout drinks, but ultimately found that they would get me hooked on caffeine and give me anxiety. Also, from what I've seen pre-workout drinks are usually under-dosed in several ingredients that are significantly lower that the established effective doses. One example of this would be Beta-Alanine where the established dose is 2-5g.

Anyways, heres me stack. I will include the supplement name, my dose, some general information about the supplement, and my reasoning for the dose. Let me know if this is a good stack or if you guys have any recommendations to improve it. Note: These supplements are used pre-workout only

1. Creature Creatine - I Take 5g

Creatine is mainly beneficial in that it aids in ATP production and therefore can help endurance and strength. Also has some properties in regards to water retention. This specific creatine include Various types of creatine which is suppose to stimulate a variety of cellular pathways for its use.

Reasoning: "5g/day for maintenance" - Bodybuilding.com

2. Beta Alanine - I take 4g

Beta alanine works as the rate-limiting agent for the production of carnosine. Carnosine acts as an acid buffer in the body I.E. lactic acid produced while exercising

Reasoning:"Standard daily doses of beta-alanine are between 2,000 – 5,000mg" - Examine.com

3. Caffeine - I take 100-150mg

Caffeine works by antagonizing adenosine receptors in the brain which would otherwise cause relaxation and sedation when bound by its substrate, adenosine.

Reasoning: Dosage is my own personal preference for a small "wake up"

4. BCI Sports Best BCAA (Includes 250mg Agmatine Sulfate) - I take 1 scoop

BCAA's, or branch-chain amino acids are fast-absorbing amino acids that help prevent catabolism by stimulating the molecular machinery responsible for protein synthesis

Reasoning: Directions state to consume one scoop, I found after using it that it actually also contains 250mg of agmatine sulfate

5. Agmatine sulfate - 500mg

Agmatine sulfate is a vasodilator that increases the levels of nitric oxide for "bigger pumps". Additionally it can lower ones perception to pain.

Note: My dose includes 250mg from the BCAA and 250mg from this actual supplement so the total is 500mg

Reasoning: I couldn't find the recommended value for this, but the supplement container says to use one serving which is 500mg

6. Glutamine - 6g

Most abundant amino acid in skeletal muscle

Reasoning: This one was a gift, so I use it because why the hell not. I use 6g because thats one serving size scoop and don't really care too much about this supplement since I never noticed results after supplementing with it in the past - most likely my diet is enough

7. Acetyl-L Carnitine - 500mg

Carnitine is an amino acid that aids in the production of energy. It helps facilitate the transfer of lipids into the mitochondria of your cells. The acetyl group can bypass the blood-brain barrier and aid in the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is the neurotransmitter responsible for the activation of skeletal muscle.

Reasoning: "The standard dose for L-carnitine is between 500-2,000mg" (Examine.com)

I only recently started taking Acetyl-L Carnitine because i wanted to get a bit more cut (for the summer ya know!). This is accompanied by a specific diet plan that I recently created, but that's a different topic

As for my pre-workout drink, that's pretty much it. Because my creatine is flavored, I sip on it intra-workout after I have downed my PWO with the other supps in it.

Thats basically it for my PWO drink. Thanks to anyone who had the time to read this and that can provide me with some feedback or advice.

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you mentioned the glutamine being a gift, and that's really the only thing I would say isn't anything special...aside from that you have a decent cocktail going

I like my ALCAR dosed a little higher, but overall it looks good

I like some nitrates pre-workout, but that's me
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

A nitrate would function the same as Agmatine Sulfate right? My workout partner actually uses Citrulline Malate which also boosts NO levels. Does anyone know if there are any real differences to choosing one over the others?

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They work via different pathways so agmatine and citrulline [or nitrates] can be stacked for increased effects. I prefer citrulline/citrulline malate if choosing one, slightly more proven as ergogenic than agma, personally If using nitrates I keep everything else ''pump'' related to a minimum or none at all.

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    They work via different pathways so agmatine and citrulline [or nitrates] can be stacked for increased effects. I prefer citrulline/citrulline malate if choosing one, slightly more proven as ergogenic than agma, personally If using nitrates I keep everything else ''pump'' related to a minimum or none at all.
    Examine.com actually says not to mix agmatine with citruline. They both are vasodilators, so presumably they both increase heart rate even if not exercising. I personally wouldn't trust mixing them for the unknown long term cardiovascular effects, but I'm interested in nitrates. I'll go do some research on them.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Other than the glutamine, looks fine to me. The creatine and beta alanine doesn't necessarily have to be taken preworkout but fine.

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seems like it would be a bit pricey to take all those things separately (and taste like garbage) but if you find it effective then I won't say boo. You didn't pick a list of bad ingredients by any means.
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can take creatine any time. It won't give you acute effects. Same for beta-alanine (unless you like tingling sensation, but that's temporary). Would take best bcaa if training fasted. I would include 3-4 grams of l-citrulline (like kaged muscle) and a bit higher dose of alcar. Never felt anything from glutamine myself

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks solid. What's it cost for all this for a month supply? Is it cheaper than just buying a product with all that stuff already in it?

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all looks good, my new favorite ingedient for a pre workout is ArA stuff gives great pumps. Its in a few products, the soreness you get the next day is pretty crazy too
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rjizzle10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You shouldn't sip on creatine, once you put it in water you have like 15 min before it gets turned into creatinine which is what your body turns it into so it becomes useless. You should mix it with some kind of juice to spike your inculine levels and chug it for better absorption.

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nickliuba View Post
    Examine.com actually says not to mix agmatine with citruline. They both are vasodilators, so presumably they both increase heart rate even if not exercising. I personally wouldn't trust mixing them for the unknown long term cardiovascular effects, but I'm interested in nitrates. I'll go do some research on them.
    Examine is pretty solid, but isn't completely flawless.. the guy may miss the mark here and there, agmatine pumps could mainly be nutrient partitioning mediated. When it comes to supplements there are many unknowns so..

Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    Looks solid. What's it cost for all this for a month supply? Is it cheaper than just buying a product with all that stuff already in it?
    It'd be hard to estimate a total price because servings per container vary, but I prefer this method. I don't buy a product with all of it in it because it's usually always under-dosed. Besides the BCAA, most of these supplements have like 100+ servings in them

Originally Posted by Big.Jazayrli View Post
    Seems like it would be a bit pricey to take all those things separately (and taste like garbage) but if you find it effective then I won't say boo. You didn't pick a list of bad ingredients by any means.
    The BCAAs actually eliminate all bad taste and make it taste good.