Closed Thread
    VermillionKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I give a guy with man-boobs/drug problems a chance?

He's super nice, loyal, romantic and loving to me. That is, if you look at it positively. But it can also be seen as clingy, needy, and desperate. The things he says he'd do for me, sounds like he would do anything. He says he becomes whatever his girl wants him to be.

He also does illicit drugs, and it's more than weed. He said he'd quit for me if I wanted him to. He says can only quit if he has someone/gf. Also cigarettes. He's a little younger than me but he looks older than me. He's not that bad-looking though, but I think it's some effects of the drugs that have him not looking at his best.

Then he has man-boobs. He has an average body, more so on the softer side. He's treated me better than any man has, but he has these issues. Then again I feel like a lot of guys nowadays are always looking for the next best thing, but to this guy, I am the best thing. I know you're supposed to work on problems in relationships and can't have it all, but I don't know if his good qualities (nice, romantic, loyal) are actually symptoms of insecurity, desperation, neediness. He actually has a pretty good paying job even though he doesn't have a formal college degree. Why would it be bad to have a guy that treats you like a gold?

I ain't perfect either though personality-wise. I used to be overweight, and now I look athletic thick. I really think guys wouldn't look twice my way if I didn't look this way now. I'm also a good girl with a decent job and no debt. I also haven't dated much either, so now I feel like I would be settling for a drug user that is desperate. I'm 26 though and feel like it's not gonna get better for me dating-wise as I get older.