LuckyNico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 215lbs to 191lbs still need advice.

Hi guys Firstly like to say I am new to posting but i always come and see on the forums different things from suggestions to results. But now I am here to show my progress and also to ask for advice.

I cant seem to lose anymore weight even though I am trying I am also confused about lifting weights which I want to do but i dont want to get big in future just more like a lean type of body so i need suggestions if possible. Before i continue I have 2 jobs part time and a full time also I have 2 kids 7 year old and a 4 year old so my schedule cant be to flexible and about calories/fat/sugars/carbs/proteins im a knucklehead, which is the one i need to be worried about? I have improved my food by eating healthy (meaning less portion eating salad and leaving behind major junk food. How much calorie intake I do really hard to calculate since its hard to have a meal schedule. I recently got a gym membership (which my time at gym is cut short for my schedule). Now at the gym im doing this since I dont know much to do.

15 minutes trendmill 15% incline at 3.0 speed
    15 minutes trendmill 10% incline at 3.0 speed + cooldown of 5 minutes
    triceps press i do 3 sets 60 lbs
    pulldown i do 3 sets 70lbs
    fly i do 3 sets 70lbs
    at home i have a door bar which i use but since im way off from lifting weights I can only do about 10 sets of 2/3 negatives.

I am doing mostly upper body which i know i should do more but what should I do? About legs and core i feel like its enough thats why havent done any of it. Which in reality I should.. I will take any advice to improve my health and physical so please if anyone can help and ask me questions ill supply as many details as possible. Thank you in Advanced and I did post my before and after picture.
    Attached Images

Sorry for the double post I did forgot to ask is it better to lift heavy weights how much you can or by reps and lower. and is it better to do it fast or slow. I get different answers so confused about that too

Registered User poboywittadolla's Avatar
    poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, I think I can offer some decent advice. For starters, one simple thing you can do is start running. It doesnt have to be on incline, but bump that speed up from 3.0 to 6-6.5. It might be hard at the start, but you will adjust and burn more calories this way.

Next, you'll want to get a better weight lifting routine. The one you're doing now seems lackluster. There are plenty out there to chose from, but it should look something more like:
    Monday: Back/Biceps

Lat Pull Downs 8x4
    High Rows 8x4
    Narrow Grip Pull Downs 8x4
    Rows 8x4

Barbell Curls 8x4
    Preacher Curls 8x4
    Hammer Curls 8x4

Tuesday: Chest/Triceps
    Flat Bench 8x4
    Decline Bench 8x4
    Incline Bench 8x4
    Flies 8x4

Dips 8x4

Skull Crushers 8x4
    Tricep Pulldowns 8x4
    Overhead Tricep Extensions 8x4

ETC. Once you fall into a routine of this, you will become a monster. If you need any help with getting the details ironed out feel free to message me.

Legs are important but don't worry about it til later. If you're doing cardio 3-4 times a week then you are probably alright. Some people may disagree with me here but I think as long as your making progress towards your personal goal you're alright.

Another thing you can do is calculate your goal caloric intake for the day. Using the calorie calculator (google it) and your stats, it looks like this is how it breaks down (assuming you are active 5 days a week).
    Maintenance: 2781 calories
    Fat Loss: 2231 calories
    Extreme Fat Loss: 1673 calories
    Since you said you're not too focused on counting calories throughout the day, just follow the rule of thumb: processed/fast food/junk food/candy = bad, meat/fish/veggies = good

Good luck and feel free to shoot me a message

Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jmadden44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get on starting strength or allpros beginner routine.
    *OKC THUNDER*
    *OKLAHOMA SOONERS*

Best Comp 1RM
    S 501.5w/470sleeves
    B 358
    D 578
    1405 raw w/ sleeves @214

IG jmad44

purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's all about nutrition dude.
    tattoos - http://facepolution.deviantart.com/

zipikaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jmadden44 View Post
    Get on starting strength or allpros beginner routine.
    This. You're going to regret neglecting your legs. More muscle = more calories burned. Where are your biggest muscles?

Yes ok thanks for the lifting weights routine ill give that a try. ill add some legs into it too even though both jobs involve a lot of walking.

The nutrition I am already doing it mostly eating my meats/fish and veggies just not sure if its the amount needed for the calories. But opinion from you guys with my body I have should i try lose a little more weight or should i just go straight to lifting weights to get toned?

The thing I need to know is that about lifting weights is it better to do fast reps or taking slow reps? Thanks again for advices

Registered User poboywittadolla's Avatar
    poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poboywittadolla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do 4 sets of 8, each set should take you 45 to 60 seconds to complete. Work out, eat right, and continue to do cardio.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LuckyNico View Post
    Yes ok thanks for the lifting weights routine ill give that a try. ill add some legs into it too even though both jobs involve a lot of walking.

The nutrition I am already doing it mostly eating my meats/fish and veggies just not sure if its the amount needed for the calories. But opinion from you guys with my body I have should i try lose a little more weight or should i just go straight to lifting weights to get toned?

The thing I need to know is that about lifting weights is it better to do fast reps or taking slow reps? Thanks again for advices
    Congrats on your weight loss!

The sticky here will give you some direction for calorie/macros calculations.

Best to work on perfercting your form in the reps.

GL!
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    Congrats on your weight loss!

thanks. and thanks for the link helped.

Originally Posted by poboywittadolla View Post
    Do 4 sets of 8, each set should take you 45 to 60 seconds to complete. Work out, eat right, and continue to do cardio.
    Thanks im gonna give that a try.