AirJordan613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting started...again

I've been lifting on and off for several years now and am just starting from another "off phase." I've been totally into lifting but fraternity pledging last semester took over my life and kept me from the gym. I lost a lot of muscle mass and put on unwanted body fat. I'm 5'9" currently about 168lbs. What is your advice for getting my body back into good shape again. I recently started a slight calorie deficit, taking in 2000 per day where maintenance is about 2500. I'm lifting 3-4 days a week and just started taking creatine monohydrate. I'm trying to lean out, gain definition and put on substantial muscle mass. I've had good muscle mass in the past but never seemed to have bodyfat quite right. What is your advice? Thanks in advance.

AirJordan613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump. I think I've got the right ideas but am interested in hearing the advice of others.

oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oojackoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally I would keep my calories high or on maintenance to fuel your muscles and help with repair but if you are looking to lean out a bit then maybe add in some AM cardio or post workout cardio if possible to keep body fat low/cut down.

Thats my personally opinion.

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oojackoo View Post
    Personally I would keep my calories high or on maintenance to fuel your muscles and help with repair but if you are looking to lean out a bit then maybe add in some AM cardio or post workout cardio if possible to keep body fat low/cut down.

Thats my personally opinion.
    Cardio doesn't keep body fat low
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

Started from Bottom Orangemorris's Avatar
    Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    Cardio doesn't keep body fat low
    Agree. It is all your nutrition. Cardio has benefits for your cardiovascular system.
    Other than that, cardio especially if you're wanting to add muscule...
    Cardio is just a way to eat a ton more above maintenance calories needed per day.
    So unless you're older than 25.. Your metabolism and nutrition does all the work. No need really for cardio end of it.
    ~Jesus Christ is my Savior crew~

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. " 1 Corinthians 6 19-20