tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Anyone use TechnoGym machines?

I know many here don't use machines at all, and I have used them very little myself over the past year. At my gym, along one wall away from most of the other machines there is a whole line-up of machines by TechnoGym. During my first visit of the gym, the trainer giving me a tour described it as the "circuit training" area. I stayed away from it for the longest time because it's where a lot of the old feeble people exercise.

So I decided to give them a try during a de-load week, and lo & behold, I really like them! The angles and trajectories of the movements, the adjust-ability of the seat positions, etc. all feel very good -- better than the other brands of machines. They really target very specific isolated muscles, if that's what you're looking for. Maybe it's just that the movements and isolation were new to me, but I could really feel it during the workouts, and afterwards with DOMS.

This week I went to use TechnoGym leg press for the first time. I was in an anti-squatting mood (more so than usual), so thought I'd give it a try instead of the usual leg press. Dang, I'm tellin' ya, that TechnoGym is a good leg press! The weight stack goes pretty heavy, and unlike some other leg presses, the angle and the movement on this machine really hits the glutes too. And the seat goes far enough forward that it felt like doing ATG squats.

I also like the TG upper back machine (reverse flys) and lat pulldown (they call it the "vertical traction" machine). The weight stacks are in kilograms, so perhaps they are a European brand of machines (?).

Anyway, if you see TechnoGym and want some isolation exercise, give it a shot.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    The weight stacks are in kilograms, so perhaps they are a European brand of machines (?).
    You see them quite a lot in the UK. The London gyms that cater to the office crowd are quite often 100% technogym as they have a large cardio range as well. Overall, you probably see their cardio stuff more frequently than their resistance.

As with all manufacturers the weight stacks vary, some are fine and others are very light. In particular, the back machine where your arms cross overhead and then you pull down as if you are doing a BDB pose has a useless weight stack from what I remember.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) widebody195 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    You see them quite a lot in the UK. The London gyms that cater to the office crowd are quite often 100% technogym as they have a large cardio range as well. Overall, you probably see their cardio stuff more frequently than their resistance.

As with all manufacturers the weight stacks vary, some are fine and others are very light. In particular, the back machine where your arms cross overhead and then you pull down as if you are doing a BDB pose has a useless weight stack from what I remember.
    Yes, Technogym is very popular in hotel gyms in Asia. Very well engineered, smooth operating machines. Really like them but too bad not very popular in the US
    --||||---------||||--

anonymous
    They are the worst line of equipment I have ever used, just awful, cheap garbage compared to real equipment (hammer plate loaded, cybex etc)

Bizarrely, equinox, the 300 a month ultra pretentious gym chain uses these junky machines.. I found out when I had corporate membership, I used it once then went right back to golds.