greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenswimmer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

considering buying Versa Gripps or lifting hooks

Hi,

I've been seeing a lot of hype associated with "Versa Gripps." However, most of the threads I come across were back from 2009ish. Since then, have any better products come out? If price is not an objection, should I get these? Also, should I opt for lifting hooks instead?

A little background:

- I currently use a pair of hand-me-down Harbinger gloves that are getting worn out. I'm also using a pair of lifting straps that are also getting super worn-out. I hate switching from gloves to straps (benching to deadlifting), as it's a hastle for me that eats up time. However, if I don't use straps, my forearms kill me on back exercises.

- I'm concerned only with bodybuilding and adding muscle mass; I'm not lifting for the sake of powerlifting/strength. I don't care about callouses, grip strength, or anything like that.

Thank you very much!

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Versa grips can work as straps and as protection of your gentle skin from rough surfaces like gloves. Lifting hooks can't. But you need more grip strength to keep the versa grip in place than a traditional strap. Not much more.

Seems like versa grips would be just right for you although I barely used them in place of gloves, wearing all the time. Don't remember them getting in the way. But now I don't since I care about grip strength, callouses, etc. Just use them as straps that don't bruise my gentle little wrists.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by greenswimmer View Post
    Hi,

I've been seeing a lot of hype associated with "Versa Gripps." However, most of the threads I come across were back from 2009ish. Since then, have any better products come out? If price is not an objection, should I get these? Also, should I opt for lifting hooks instead?

A little background:

- I currently use a pair of hand-me-down Harbinger gloves that are getting worn out. I'm also using a pair of lifting straps that are also getting super worn-out. I hate switching from gloves to straps (benching to deadlifting), as it's a hastle for me that eats up time. However, if I don't use straps, my forearms kill me on back exercises.

- I'm concerned only with bodybuilding and adding muscle mass; I'm not lifting for the sake of powerlifting/strength. I don't care about callouses, grip strength, or anything like that.

Thank you very much!
    Drop the pussy-mittens, get some chalk, work on your grip, buy new straps from BB.com for like 5 dollars and use them when your grip is preventing you from continuing, the end.

I don't see why you would wear gloves to bench press. Wearing gloves increases the diameter of what you are gripping, actually making it harder to grip. Beyond that, they trap moisture making the glove slip between your hand and the bar.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SESnut View Post
    so in the long run, since gloves make the bar thicker and you have to grip harder, they make your grip stronger

most gloves are leather which means its fairly waterproof and most people don't pour sweat from their hands so what are you trying to say exactly?
    Whatever man, I wish you the best of luck with your training. I hope that one day you see the light of gloveless lifting.

Unfortunately many never see this light, it's a sad thing.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SESnut View Post
    so in the long run, since gloves make the bar thicker and you have to grip harder, they make your grip stronger

most gloves are leather which means its fairly waterproof and most people don't pour sweat from their hands so what are you trying to say exactly?
    Doesn't work like that. They make the grip 1-2mm thicker which does little for your grip strength. On pulling exercises like deads they can create some weird friction where you don't have to grip as hard. The bar can be sliding in your hand and you won't know it! Chalk is a different type of friction.

Anyway, versa grips are a pretty good glove replacement. With gloves people sweat a little and it saturates the glove over time. You can get the same gentle skin protection without that with versa grips. And they can be straps when you need them to be. And they have super soft wrist supports. Still overpriced for my purposes, I use them once a week at most.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love my Versa Grips. Way better than gloves. I never deadlift without them. They are far less awkward than straps, and do just as good of a job.

flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flyblueff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down LimitStrength... The dumbass.

Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    Whatever man, I wish you the best of luck with your training. I hope that one day you see the light of gloveless lifting.

Unfortunately many never see this light, it's a sad thing.

Wow, you are probably the biggest meathead dumb****, inconsiderate, pompously inflated dick head I've seen on here. If someone asks a question, answer them. Don't be a douche, you dumb****.

Gloves are great man. Trust me; they pay off in the long run, especially with getting up in the heavier weight. If you dedicate a lifetime of lifting without them (assuming you actually go up in weight and don't be a pussy and keep the same weight just to pose on BB.com), while having discomfort, then you're just going to **** your tendons & bone development up. Trust me...

And as for the idiots who speak against gloves, why the **** do you wear skin-tight underarmour shirts at well over your BMI (yes, you are fat)? I guess thats where "the extra the cushion, the better the pushin" comes from, right LimitStrength?? lol.

Please display an effort to assist users on this site rather than try to "play it like a pro" or like macho macho man. You're sure the f** not bringin sexy back man; so quit bein a puss and go with a good diet.. If your anatomy permits.

snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by flyblueff View Post
    Gloves are great man. Trust me; they pay off in the long run, especially with getting up in the heavier weight. If you dedicate a lifetime of lifting without them (assuming you actually go up in weight and don't be a pussy and keep the same weight just to pose on BB.com), while having discomfort, then you're just going to **** your tendons & bone development up. Trust me...
    So much this. When I start pulling serious weight (like 135lbs serious), the chalk gets put in the back and the gloves go on.
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #2 ──<//>─<\\>──

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #8 ||---||

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by flyblueff View Post
    Wow, you are probably the biggest meathead dumb****, inconsiderate, pompously inflated dick head I've seen on here. If someone asks a question, answer them. Don't be a douche, you dumb****.

And as for the idiots who speak against gloves, why the **** do you wear skin-tight underarmour shirts at well over your BMI (yes, you are fat)? I guess thats where "the extra the cushion, the better the pushin" comes from, right LimitStrength?? lol.

Please display an effort to assist users on this site rather than try to "play it like a pro" or like macho macho man. You're sure the f** not bringin sexy back man; so quit bein a puss and go with a good diet.. If your anatomy permits.
    congrats on surely reaching your banned by first post goals of 2015.

Calling someone out two years after the fact...
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow, what was the point of that rant?
    "Take it one day at time"
    2 X a week leg crew
    S/D/B = 225/250/135
    NEW Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168835873