PrateekSL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

AthleanX AX-1 Program

DAY1: So after bouncing up and above for months, i bought the AX-1 program. It was getting difficult to get time out to research millions of pages online and so many techniques online. At one point I even thought of doing a course that most trainers do. But I have other priorities. So, I had Jeff take care of the things I would have to do in the gym.

Today was day 1 and spent almost an hour in the gym. Did all the exercises the way was told and when all of them finished, I felt that I'm not done. It can't be it! I could go a bit more, but I thought to stretch and leave the gym. Then it all started. The soreness started to set in. Muscles that I didn't know existed started getting sore. It has been about half an hour since I walked out of gym and there is a mixed feeling of worked out and easiness. It is very comfortable though.

I am from India and we have different types of food here. Also, I turned vegan this year and gained a few kilos of muscles as well. So, I am not very keen on the nutrition. I have an idea of how to eat and following the same thing.

I will try to journal after every workout. Thanks!

ducksss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome! I'm just getting back into lifting weights and thought about the AX-1 program since I'm a huge fan of Jeff's. I still might buy it eventually, depending on how my current program goes. Keep us posted on how the program goes, I'd like to read more about specific exercises as well if you're interested in posting those

Day 5: So, the first week is done and it was a tough ride. When day 2 came, I thought it was tough. Well, it went easy to tough very fast. Third day my legs were tested like never before. But I kept going. Fourth day I was to run and I did not run for a long long time. I jogged at a low pace few months ago but that was it. It was difficult for me to believe that it is even possible for me to run. But after the workouts, I was feeling pretty sore and confident. So I told my self, what the hell, let us try. If I can't do it, I can't do it. No big deal. So, I jogged and then tried to run. It is not everyday that I do... when I ran, I surprised myself.

The week sure was a tough one (tougher days ahead) but it feels awesome to have completed it. Now it's rest for two days and every nook of my body is sore. Also had a mild knee pain today but it vanished after the last workout.

There are so many aspects with this training that I found interesting. The splits are not so that you train chest and triceps on Monday and bla bla. This really trains you like athletes do. Also, there are motivational videos that are just the links from youtube to get us off out asses and go train. It is a small thing which the program has, but did a lot to help me. I am not planning to stop this midway and will complete it for the coming 90 days.

I think Jeff and his team would appreciate if we do not talk about specific exercises here because that comes as a part of the package. But it is not a secret that his basic structure of training is not loading up a muscle but compound exercises, which he tailors perfectly. I can already see progress in my body by doing this only five days. Let us see what future holds!

Originally Posted by ducksss View Post
    Awesome! I'm just getting back into lifting weights and thought about the AX-1 program since I'm a huge fan of Jeff's. I still might buy it eventually, depending on how my current program goes. Keep us posted on how the program goes, I'd like to read more about specific exercises as well if you're interested in posting those
    Hey ducksss, awesome that you are back at lifting the weights. I too did exactly the same thing. I lifted weights for about two months and designed a mediocre plan for myself for four days a week. I didn't see much progress with it. As I was super busy, I couldn't research a lot about what exercises I must choose. Also, I was eyeing AX-1 for about six months, and finally I decided to take it up. So you can see what progress you are making with your current arrangement. All power to you! But if you do not see much progress, you may decide to take up this program. As you might already know, AX-1 won't do much about building huge muscles. It is more about the functional conditioning of your body so you can see what suits you.

Also, I do not think that Athlean-X team would like us talking about the specific exercises here since they provide those as the part of the package. But I will talk about the changes that I am feeling and the things I go through in this forum. Like a workout journal Please feel free to read the entries and feedback as you feel! Cheers!