areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What are "MUST HAVE's" when it comes to training equipment?

So I finally did it--converted an unused room at my place into a studio. I've got the full wall mirrors up and the shock absorbant matting on the floor. I've also have a dumbbell rack with sets from 2 lbs to 20 lbs (I ONLY train woman so this seems to be a sufficient weight range), a 5, 10, and 15lb kettlebell set, a few med balls, a couple swiss balls, and bands. Being that I only train women, this should be pretty sufficient as most of my clients prefer the free weight/body weight training and incorporating the swiss ball.

What other items would you recommend? I have a bench in mind that can decline/incline/lie flat and has a bench press/leg extension/prone hamstring curl. This seems to ideal because space is VERY limited--not even enough room right now for a piece of cardio equipment...and certainly not enough room for 3 or 4 bulky machines.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I've had old cellphones that weigh more than your kettlebells
    Just messin' w/ya.
    Well congratulations first off... There's definitely a certain satisfaction gained from having a little space that you can call your own. I would recommend having some stuff for improving mobility like foam rollers, lacrosse balls, wooden dowels or pvc pipes. People will take you more seriously as a trainer if they can see that that aspect of exercise is in your scope of knowledge.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I think I've had old cellphones that weigh more than your kettlebells
    Just messin' w/ya.
    Well congratulations first off... There's definitely a certain satisfaction gained from having a little space that you can call your own. I would recommend having some stuff for improving mobility like foam rollers, lacrosse balls, wooden dowels or pvc pipes. People will take you more seriously as a trainer if they can see that that aspect of exercise is in your scope of knowledge.
    Thanks! I am excited! It is going to be sooo much easier having a central location, my back was starting to hurt carrying those 5lb kettlebells around to all my sessions ; )

Foam rollers is a good idea, I actually do not have alot of experience with them, but I do have clients with some IT band pain, so that would be great to incorporate and give me an opportunity to gain some experience with them.

Would you recommend one of those 5 in 1 machines? Similar to the bowflex that has all the various attachments? I know body/free weight training is best, but lets be real--a 55 year old female who has never trained before is really going to struggle with form when trying to do exercises with free weights. I am a fan for machines first then progressing to free weights after their body had been trained to know how to move.

projectb36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by areese1803 View Post
    Thanks! I am excited! It is going to be sooo much easier having a central location, my back was starting to hurt carrying those 5lb kettlebells around to all my sessions ; )

Foam rollers is a good idea, I actually do not have alot of experience with them, but I do have clients with some IT band pain, so that would be great to incorporate and give me an opportunity to gain some experience with them.

Would you recommend one of those 5 in 1 machines? Similar to the bowflex that has all the various attachments? I know body/free weight training is best, but lets be real--a 55 year old female who has never trained before is really going to struggle with form when trying to do exercises with free weights. I am a fan for machines first then progressing to free weights after their body had been trained to know how to move.
    I would suggest some balance trainers like Versa Discs or the half Bosu ball. TRX or knockoff band, and a strong pull up bar that you can attach to your wall (or just the door hanger). If you get the strong wall hanger, you can use that for the TRX bands and also get a resistor band that can help females do pullups. I would really consider a small bike or recumbent just so you can get some interval training in now and then. Don't waste your money on the bowflex all in one. Everything else you mentioned is perfect!
    http://www.evolvegymoc.com
    http://blog.evolvegymoc.com/

Crazy as a **** house rat YoBigFatMomma's Avatar
    YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can do way more exercises with a barbell and power rack than you can with a 5 in 1 exercise machine, for cheaper. I hope if you do buy one that 2 of those 5 exercises aren't leg curls and extensions.
    385/245/485 @ 210

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    <|>
    ┌8====D
    ⌡ \

Thanks guys! Appreciate it =)

I see my first client in the new place this afternoon, actually a little nervous....we have been training in a community gym with all the machines and cardio equipment. But the gym had NO dumbbells or free weights of any sort, so my clients were having to bring in their own dumbbells. I am hoping my clients will not feel like my studio is a joke because I don't have all the big bulky pointless machines that just take up space. :::fingers crossed:::

I am going out this weekend to find an small upright bike, and will continue searching for a bench. I may just get an adjustable bench without all the attachements because even the bench won't be used that often as I prefer my ladies to use the swiss balls in place of the benches.

ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hope to accomplish what you have so far. May I ask where you got your mirrors?

projectb36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by areese1803 View Post
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it =)

I see my first client in the new place this afternoon, actually a little nervous....we have been training in a community gym with all the machines and cardio equipment. But the gym had NO dumbbells or free weights of any sort, so my clients were having to bring in their own dumbbells. I am hoping my clients will not feel like my studio is a joke because I don't have all the big bulky pointless machines that just take up space. :::fingers crossed:::

I am going out this weekend to find an small upright bike, and will continue searching for a bench. I may just get an adjustable bench without all the attachements because even the bench won't be used that often as I prefer my ladies to use the swiss balls in place of the benches.
    HOIST has a cheap nice adjustable bench.
    http://www.evolvegymoc.com
    http://blog.evolvegymoc.com/

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would suggest some balance trainers like Versa Discs or the half Bosu ball. TRX or knockoff band, and a strong pull up bar that you can attach to your wall (or just the door hanger). If you get the strong wall hanger, you can use that for the TRX bands and also get a resistor band that can help females do pullups. I would really consider a small bike or recumbent just so you can get some interval training in now and then. Don't waste your money on the bowflex all in one. Everything else you mentioned is perfect!
    I STRONGLY disagree with the suggestion of the Versa Discs and Bosu Balls. They are gimmicky and do much more harm than good in my estimation. If you want a good balance trainer get an Airex Pad. I agree with the rest of this post, but here is what I have in my <200sq ft "studio".

Squat stands + adjustable bench + 45# barbell and 18# barbell w/ 300# plates
    Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells
    Medicine balls 6#,8#,10#,12#
    Kettlebells 10kg,14kg,18kg,22kg
    ValSlides
    TRX
    Gray Cook bands light,medium,heavy
    Stability ball
    Foam roller
    Airex pad (so versatile)
    Adjustable step
    Mats
    Superbands

I agree a spinner is a good idea, but I don't have one yet.

Hope this helps.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ Love the airex pad.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Power Rack
    Weights
    Bench
    Dumbells
    Barbell
    bands
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    where do you all buy this stuff and does anyone know of any online stores that give discounts for nasm trainers?

Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardworker123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump for answer to eap's ?

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like you're good to go.

You only train women. You have enough tools. You have enough room. Maybe wall-mounted chinup bar so you can do vertical pulling exercises and hanging leg raises.

Good luck.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Sounds like you're good to go.

You only train women. You have enough tools. You have enough room. Maybe wall-mounted chinup bar so you can do vertical pulling exercises and hanging leg raises.

Good luck.
    Yep! I saw my first client Friday and kicked her butt. She went ahead and purchased more sessions before leaving.

I also bought a foam roller over the weekend. I have never worked with foam rollers much other than my ever-going education in physical therapy. I practiced some ab moves on it last night and my abs are killing me today.

I am still shopping around for an upright bike and bench.

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A Functional Trainer might not be a bad idea. It can add a good amount of variety in a small space. It doesnt need to be full-on commercial or anything, just light commercial or heavy duty home use would be perfect. Check out the Vision Fitness ST200, small footprint and decent machine. Ill post a pic of it below. Congrats on your move, training at home has many benefits.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

NilsLundgren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are some things I find very useful that my gym doesn not provide:
    rubberbands, abmat, abwheel, gymboss timer, "clicker" for counting reps..

lundgrentraining.com