S0lidLV is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Intreducing Myself and asking for help! (Beginner)

So first of all let me intreduce myself.
    My name is Rihards I am 14 and from Latvia so I am sorry if my english spelling is a bit off

So I am quite motivated for the past 2 months to go to the gym. I want to become stronger and fitter so I wont get tired so quickly from running, doing pushups or pullups and so I can do jobs that require me to lift heavy things etc. Girls are only like 5% of all motivation in that list even though at this age us teenagers do start thinking about the opposite sex, but that is not why I am here.
    Since I dont have the equipment nor the money for the equipment I cannot do big training at home with such things as dumbbells or smth like that. So I was thinking where can I do it. First thing i did was do some exercises at home and went outside me house to a tree and did like 1 chinup once in a while and climbed on a chair and slowly lowered myself. I watched that slowly that can help to do more chinups and later pullups. Btw i wanted to work out last year when school was, but I got the real motivation only those last 2 months as I mentioned. The reason im saying i wanted to go last year train because last year I started going in the gimnasium ( so last year was 7th grade, this year im in 8th) And the thing is in the somewhat basement of the school we have like a fitness club called "YoYo" where you can go train and have dumbbells etc. all the equipment pretty much. The awesome part is that for every boy/girl in the gimnasium that is from 7th-12th class IF we have a school card we can go train there for FREE!!! I think that is freaking cool because that would be a place I can go and its for free because for a grownup per time that u go its like 3-4 euros and a monthly subscription its 30 euros! And again its free for me and its open from 13:00-21:00 which is pretty much from the afternoon till almost night, but i know that alot of grownups go there after like 18:00 since most jobs end then for the day. But like 3/5 days of school end for me at like 13:15 which is great!
    Problem that I have is im freaking lacking confidence to go there I dont know why.. It's just like 1 lady that sits there and will take my card and write down when I came and thats it... change my clothes and I can go.
    So I hope someone can help me with the confidence problem, but I can continue now with exercises etc. that I know and mabey you guys can help with if I do wrong!

So I've been looking on the internet for stuff I could do watched some teen specific exercises that I can/should do! Mostly watched the BUFF DUDES on YT since they seem pretty legit on what to do.
    First thing I think I should do is the Lat Pulldown. I have watched their video on how to do it. aka to the chest and squeeze the back blades together with shoulders down and back. So This is not fully but somewhat training the muscles also needed in a pullup is what I understand and that is a thing I think I could do no problem.
    Next would be Tricep Extensions. I saw how to do the correct pull and how to get full range of motion.
    After that is Bicep curls with dumbbells. I think I could easy get a 3-5 kg dumbbell in each hand and do some of those with full range of motion.
    And last would be the famous bench press which i have never actually done and feel wierd every time I think of doing some because I fell I will look really weak when placing just a bit of weight on them I dont know how to get past this emotional thing to go to the actual gym and do some bench presses. I have watched what TO do and what NOT to do when doing them.
    Also I thing I do not know is how many sets and reps should I do with each exercise? What should I do more? what not? (Not Including proper eating in this thread)

Hope you guys can help! I have heard good things about the people here!

SolorunI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by S0lidLV View Post
    So first of all let me intreduce myself.
    My name is Rihards I am 14 and from Latvia so I am sorry if my english spelling is a bit off

So I am quite motivated for the past 2 months to go to the gym. I want to become stronger and fitter so I wont get tired so quickly from running, doing pushups or pullups and so I can do jobs that require me to lift heavy things etc. Girls are only like 5% of all motivation in that list even though at this age us teenagers do start thinking about the opposite sex, but that is not why I am here.
    Since I dont have the equipment nor the money for the equipment I cannot do big training at home with such things as dumbbells or smth like that. So I was thinking where can I do it. First thing i did was do some exercises at home and went outside me house to a tree and did like 1 chinup once in a while and climbed on a chair and slowly lowered myself. I watched that slowly that can help to do more chinups and later pullups. Btw i wanted to work out last year when school was, but I got the real motivation only those last 2 months as I mentioned. The reason im saying i wanted to go last year train because last year I started going in the gimnasium ( so last year was 7th grade, this year im in 8th) And the thing is in the somewhat basement of the school we have like a fitness club called "YoYo" where you can go train and have dumbbells etc. all the equipment pretty much. The awesome part is that for every boy/girl in the gimnasium that is from 7th-12th class IF we have a school card we can go train there for FREE!!! I think that is freaking cool because that would be a place I can go and its for free because for a grownup per time that u go its like 3-4 euros and a monthly subscription its 30 euros! And again its free for me and its open from 13:00-21:00 which is pretty much from the afternoon till almost night, but i know that alot of grownups go there after like 18:00 since most jobs end then for the day. But like 3/5 days of school end for me at like 13:15 which is great!
    Problem that I have is im freaking lacking confidence to go there I dont know why.. It's just like 1 lady that sits there and will take my card and write down when I came and thats it... change my clothes and I can go.
    So I hope someone can help me with the confidence problem, but I can continue now with exercises etc. that I know and mabey you guys can help with if I do wrong!

So I've been looking on the internet for stuff I could do watched some teen specific exercises that I can/should do! Mostly watched the BUFF DUDES on YT since they seem pretty legit on what to do.
    First thing I think I should do is the Lat Pulldown. I have watched their video on how to do it. aka to the chest and squeeze the back blades together with shoulders down and back. So This is not fully but somewhat training the muscles also needed in a pullup is what I understand and that is a thing I think I could do no problem.
    Next would be Tricep Extensions. I saw how to do the correct pull and how to get full range of motion.
    After that is Bicep curls with dumbbells. I think I could easy get a 3-5 kg dumbbell in each hand and do some of those with full range of motion.
    And last would be the famous bench press which i have never actually done and feel wierd every time I think of doing some because I fell I will look really weak when placing just a bit of weight on them I dont know how to get past this emotional thing to go to the actual gym and do some bench presses. I have watched what TO do and what NOT to do when doing them.
    Also I thing I do not know is how many sets and reps should I do with each exercise? What should I do more? what not? (Not Including proper eating in this thread)

Hope you guys can help! I have heard good things about the people here!
    Dude, no body should really care how much you lift. I lift pretty bad but it's a gym, nobody cares. Your routine isn't good and I'd recommend you follow the Fierce 5 program.