griz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

finally back to lifting, need advise

I have not lifted much in a couple years,just started back about a month ago.I am fairly muscular, about 5'4" and 170lbs, fairly well porportioned 16.5" arms, decent legs etc...
    I am wanting to lose a bit of fat and really get my chest to respond.My chest has always been week, not alot of mass or definition.Is it possable to gain chest mass and lose some fat at the same time?Any help advise would be appreciated.
    Any good sites for good all around lifting program?

thanks

JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Flat and incline bench for the chest -

Clean diet and cardio for the fat loss.

Not much detail there - but to be honest you havent given us too much to work with - I would also recommend you read through the stickies and the previous posts on getting definition.

griz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to do alot of DB presses, and fly's but for some reason my chest development has always lagged behind and lacked size.I just started back and am only benching 185, so I will try and work on the diet and try going as heavy as I can for 8-10 reps, and see how it goes.I am also doing cardio,tread mill for 30min 6 days a week.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I would suggest that you begin with a solid full-body routine such as this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

That will cover getting your body back into lifting, burn calories and help with your fat loss, and will also address getting your chest back up to par. While I would normally suggest you follow the routine exactly as written the first time through, there is nothing wrong with adding one additional chest exercise - whatever you respond to best. Incline DB presses would probably be a good add to the flat barbell benching.

You will have to prioritize fat loss or muscle gain, however. If you want to lose fat first, eat at a caloric deficit of 300-500 calories per day under your maintenance calories, and get at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Since you haven't lifted regularly in quite some time, your body will still probably build muscle.

At the point you want to add muscle mass, then you need to begin eating at a bit of a caloric excess (again 300-500 calories over maintenance).

Good luck.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.