FMM1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upper/Middle Chest Exc.

I seem to be lacking in the upper/middle chest area. Any methods/exc. to help improve that? Workout upper/middle chest 2 to 3 times a week? Could it poteintally be my diet? i have a nutrition post i posted a while back with my exact diet and program....maybe its that? would love some opinions. always lookin to improve

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Low incline bench, flat bench, and the dumbbell cariants of those two exercises.. That's all you really need to make things happen. Have to eat for it, too.

Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can try,

30 degrees incline DB bench
    45 degrees incline BB bench
    Cable flyes

Its most probably the form and not the exercise cause there are so many ways of benching with dumbells, for me i like to keep a grip that feels 'natural' to me(somewhere in the middle between hammer and overhand grip) and my form is sort of a hybrid between a fly and a benchpress.

On cable flyes, make sure to pull across your chest and emphasize the squeeze and hold it there for a short while after every rep and return slowly on the negative feeling the stretch.

For the Barbell, i like to lower the barbell close to my neck/clavicle area with a overhand grip(NEVER thumbless) and concentrate on 'pushing' with both your left and right hands the bar together even though you can't.

I always end my workout with stretching and for chest, i pick a relatively light pair of DBs and i just hold it in the bottom portion of a fly for 45-60 secs.

Hope this helps.

Truth fears no questions FlexinMike's Avatar
    FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incline bench press, incline dumbell flyes, flat bench
    I thought I was strong till I watched my wife fight through GBS.I could only dream to have as much strength and will power as her!

Co-owner of Flex N Style™

FMM1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pullup17 View Post
    You can try,

30 degrees incline DB bench
    45 degrees incline BB bench
    Cable flyes

Its most probably the form and not the exercise cause there are so many ways of benching with dumbells, for me i like to keep a grip that feels 'natural' to me(somewhere in the middle between hammer and overhand grip) and my form is sort of a hybrid between a fly and a benchpress.

On cable flyes, make sure to pull across your chest and emphasize the squeeze and hold it there for a short while after every rep and return slowly on the negative feeling the stretch.

For the Barbell, i like to lower the barbell close to my neck/clavicle area with a overhand grip(NEVER thumbless) and concentrate on 'pushing' with both your left and right hands the bar together even though you can't.

I always end my workout with stretching and for chest, i pick a relatively light pair of DBs and i just hold it in the bottom portion of a fly for 45-60 secs.

Hope this helps.
    Tried the hybrid fly/press as well as the cable flyes with the emphasized "sqeeze" yesterday and am pleased to say the upper middle chest is feelin it today lol. thanks man i appericiate it big time. if ur not to busy id love to hear ur opinions on the best way to cut out triceps. not the greatest looking ceps lol...love to improve.