Thread: quick big arms

alexdonnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

quick big arms

new here so go easy lads ha. i dont know anybody who has been bodybuilding for any longer than i so thought that this would be the best place to go. basically i want to get big arms quickly, whilst continuing to build the rest of my body along with a bit of cardio to keep the overall fitness ticking over. cant do any leg exercises cause my running, which i will never give up, causes me lots of knee problems which weight lifting doesnt help.

here is what i do just now, its a four day cycle and all exercises are 4 sets of 8 reps.

back / shoulders: bent over dumbell row, shrugs, lat pull down / shoulder press, lateral raise, shoulder row
    chest / cardio: alternate between dumbell and barbell incline and bench press, chest fly / shortish cardio exercises
    arms: dumbell curl, ez curl, concentration curl, 21s(3 sets of 21) / dips, cable tri extension, skull crushers
    cardio: normally a 10k run.

so aye, im wanting to build arms asap whilst not compromising on other muscle groups. i was thinking about taking one of the cardio slots and replacing it with a slot of arm exercises so it would be a day on, day off for the arms, with the rest staying the same. anyone able to give any advice on this or would i be best sticking with what ive got or trying something else?

Coryh11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coryh11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coryh11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coryh11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Triceps compose most of the size of your arm, that being said focus a lot on hitting the different heads of your triceps.

Also, working at a gym I see a lot of guys that only want arms.. when they get there they look funny because they have these big arms and the rest of there body is tiny. Work towards an overall physique, remember your legs as well I can'y count the number of guys(myself included) that get overshadowed by the top half because of neglecting leg work

alexdonnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    aye, i dont want to be one of these weirdos that have massive arms and normall everything else. i just want to make my arms grow a bit quicker than the rest, thought that maybe working them more might help or maybe work them too hard and therefore not achieve anything?

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alexdonnet View Post
    i dont know anybody who has been bodybuilding for any longer than i
    Lack of compound exercises.
    Lack of leg exercises.

If you want to call yourself a bodybuilder then I would suggest you get the basics down first. Too many guys (esp your age) just want big arms, or specifically big biceps. If this is you then don't call yourself a bodybuilder. Squats, if done correctly, should not be causing you any knee problems.

Like the other guy said, work on your entire body and your arms will grow in time.