victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Wrist injury........ok to substitute exercises?.

Long story short: I think I fractured my wrist just a tiny bit although the doctor isn't sure even after an MRI, it only shows a tiny black spot in my joint and I'm gonna go for a CT scan. I rested it for 2 weeks with no weightlifting. When I went back to the gym today, I noticed that it hurts a little bit when I do shoulder press or barbell flat benchpress. So my question is, how good of a workout can a guy get if he only does dumbbell flyes/cable flyes for his chest with some really light dumbbell presses *light enough to not make my wrist pain* and substituting heavy shoulder presses for dumbbell raises/plate raises?. Thanks.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wait for your doctor's go-ahead.

I damaged the tendon/ligament below my bicep during an arm wrestle, and kept going to the gym like an idiot (despite avoiding bicep work as much as possible). After two weeks I thought everything was fine, and then I threw it out again doing too much weight.

You may think you are fine (and very well may be), but something can always happen that will leave you wishing you had've waited.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Wait for your doctor's go-ahead.

I damaged the tendon/ligament below my bicep during an arm wrestle, and kept going to the gym like an idiot (despite avoiding bicep work as much as possible). After two weeks I thought everything was fine, and then I threw it out again doing too much weight.

You may think you are fine (and very well may be), but something can always happen that will leave you wishing you had've waited.
    Thanks for the reply. My doctor said that he's setting up an appointment for a CT scan for my wrist in a week or 2. I didn't feel any more pain which was why I decided to start working out again but yeah you might be right about me not knowing about the damage.