Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crohn's Disease Workout Journal

In June 2015 I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. This was after 3 operations and a huge amount of weight lost. I am 6 foot 7 and I dropped to 150 lbs. I was truly skinny.

A year on, and I have managed to get back to the weight I was before I got ill. I am now able to manage the disease with various forms of medication including weekly injections in my legs.

I am now ready to take the next step on my journey to reaching my physical potential. Not only do I want to build mass, but I also want to increase my stamina, agility and endurance. I will be bringing in HIIT on cycle machines and rowing machines (erg) and I will be sticking to compound exercises until my weight continues to increase before looking at isolation based exercises in the future.

I hope some of you will join me on this journey. I am more motivated now than I ever have been before. I'll have Crohn's disease for the rest of my life because there is no cure. But why should that stop me?

Before - June 2015 - Just after my third operation and unable to eat properly

Current at the start of this journal - not a lot of muscle, but I am back to a healthy weight of 192 lbs with a goal of 200 lbs

At present, I am limited to how much I can do with my legs, including squats and lunges. This is because I inject each week in my legs with my medication, and it hurts a lot if I then go to put strain on the legs. I inject on Tuesday and by Friday (usual leg day) I am okay, but some weeks it can still be extremely painful and uncomfortable. For that reason, don't hate on me if I have to skip a leg day. I'd rather skip the day than land myself in hospital.

Thanks for reading.
    Ash
    Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in June 2015.
    I'm not letting that stop me. I will achieve my physical potential.

Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xtr3me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Recovery Day

4 eggs and toast for breakfast

Smooth natural peanut butter and banana sandwiches for a snack at 11am

Chicken steaks and oven fries (sunflower oil) for lunch.

Not yet sure what the plans are for dinner, but I would like to start having a smallish 3pm snack, probably something like peanut butter on a ricecake. I work in an office, so usually fairly easy to eat when I need to.

EDIT: It ended up being Pizza and salad.
    Last edited by Xtr3me; 08-18-2016 at 04:00 AM.
    Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in June 2015.
    I'm not letting that stop me. I will achieve my physical potential.