cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dynamic Stretching

I've been surfing the exercise and sports forums alot the last few days and have noticed that lots of people seem to have question about dynamic stretching and static stretching. I thought I'd try to clear some of this up for you guys.

Dynamic Stretching should be performed before workouts/sporting events and Static Stretching is to be used as a post workout cool down.

Dynamic Stretching is a stretching technique that warms up the muscles and allows you to become more explosive during your exercise: here is the dynamic stretching routine I personally use http://plyomed.com/2009/08/09/dynamic-stretching/.

And static stretching cools the muscles down and if done before exercise actually creates a much higher risk for injury and can actually make you weaker.

Hope this helps you all out.
    I've got a very unique style
    http://plyomedfitness.blogspot.com/

jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimromano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dynamic-static

is there any true difference between the other than your intentions apon stretching the muscles?
    I mean for dynamic do you hold for longer periods of time to warm up the muscles or can you simple tell what type of stretching they are doing because of the time there are doing it (pre-workout, post-workout).
    It ain't nothing but a peanut

cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you don't hold the stretches during dynamic stretching, your stretch the muscle through an "athletic" range of motion.

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yea alot of people dont understand dynamic vs static.....i hate to do both lol but they are so very helpful
    My Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117854711

yeah not to many people do both but you can see huge results when you do and you will feel a million times better too.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    good post. i dont do much dynamic stretching but i do finish off with static stretching. reps on recharge breh but i will get ya tomorrow

Originally Posted by MAPjunky View Post
    good post. i dont do much dynamic stretching but i do finish off with static stretching. reps on recharge breh but i will get ya tomorrow
    Thanks man just trying to help.

Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Growing-up is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cball30 View Post
    Dynamic Stretching should be performed before workouts/sporting events and Static Stretching is to be used as a post workout cool down.
    Thank you for the article, I always knew that there are two types of stretching; always practice both for running or doing any other sport. This article comes to confirm this, I agree with you.

-Frank
    An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
    Pope John Paul II
    Stop giving excuses, get up, start working out!

Originally Posted by Growing-up View Post
    Thank you for the article, I always knew that there are two types of stretching; always practice both for running or doing any other sport. This article comes to confirm this, I agree with you.

-Frank
    Glad to help you man.